Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Cards that create other cards don't typically knock a card out of your hand like drawing a card, but instead fizzle. I just tested Remote Citadel on dragged onto an Arcane Defender and it worked fine, wouldn't expect any different from a Glacial Titan.

2. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Is this new or maybe a change based on your new starting creature method? I had a dragon egg out. It was “beaten” and replaced by a dragon. But when my turn came, it was still fatigued. In the past this would be playing. If this is an intended change it seriously reduces the value of the egg. Many game changes over the past couple updates.

3. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    This is the same change regarding fatigue being removed at the end of turn instead of start of turn. I can consider reversing this change if it doesn't appear to be a net positive, but I'll give it some more thought.

4. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I still find it odd for the Gatekeeper but not bad. For the Dragon Egg, it basically means that, unless the dragon hatched has some special capability to affect the card across from it, it will be attacked and quite possibility removed before it can do anything. That really reduces it’s usefulness.

On a different note: as discussed before, when the Ghostly Protector is consumed by an opponent’s effect, it isn’t destroyed but goes back in your hand. However with the new consume capability, if you consume your own GP it acts like normal, allowing the consume effect and being removed from the game. Not good or bad, but inconsistent (a timing thing I’m sure).

And FWIW playing base blue seems tougher than the other colors and there are very few of the new consume options for blue as compared to the other colors. Just an observation. YMMV.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I am leaning toward moving the fatigue reduction back to the start of turn, as the current end of turn negatively impacts any time you gain a creature on the opponent's turn. As I moved Gatekeeper to the start of the first turn (but after the fatigue reduction), those creatures will continue to be fatigued on the first turn, which I think is okay.

As Consume is not dealing damage, but more of a sacrifice/kill, the Ghostly Protector doesn't get a chance to activate - it activates when it receives damage, not when it is killed. Other on death effects do trigger, making those creatures great consume targets. For example, Sage Familiar is a great target since it already gives you a new card on death.

I went ahead and found a few more blue creatures I could add consume effects to. I'll have to play-test them to make sure I like them, but there are a couple that I think are interesting that I added to Phase Hound, Arc Golem, Elementalist, Iron Warden and Autotron.

Grinner likes this.
  6. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    Wow! What a great game! I just downloaded it a couple days ago and I am hooked. Had to have all the add ons! So much fun. I loved Shandalar back in the day. Finally, another game to satisfy that itch. Thanks!

DanTheMeek and Grinner like this.
  7. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    #1247 DanTheMeek, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    New to the game, absolutely loving it so far, curious, is there anyway to respec your ability points? Now that I understand the game better I'm unhappy with the ability points I chose back when I started and had no concept of what these abilities really did, but seems like I may just be stuck with them short of starting over from scratch, is that the case?

Also, are there any communities on this game ? I couldn't find a dedicated reddit for it or discord, which seems such a shame as this game seems like the sort of ridiculous good game that should have a community around it, even if a small one.

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi DanTheMeek,
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the game!
    You can indeed buy back ability points (down to 10 anyway) at the Ability Trainer, although you only get 50% of your gold back.
    This is about the only community for Lost Portal that I'm aware of!
    Mike

9. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Thank you for the answer! Any particular reason the limit is set to 10 instead of 8? Not a huge deal, but that was definitely why I didn't realize you could do it, I pushed a bunch of my stats all to 10 at the beginning and afterward was thinking I should have min-max'd on one stat instead of spreading it around since there was no new ability at 10, but were abilities at 15+, but since the ones I was looking to refund were the ones at 10, thats why there wasn't the buy back button.

Anyway, gotta say, this is easily the most fun I've had with any game, console, pc, or mobile, this year. Already bought all the expansions and gave a 5 star review, not sure what else I can do to share my appreciation other then say you've definitely got a fan for life, going to be keeping my eye out for any future expansions or games/projects.

10. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Is there a full card list online anywhere for all 405 cards?

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    If you press on the "Library" label in the Deck Editor it will toggle a mode that shows you all cards, with the ones you don't have grayed out.

12. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Thank you, was looking for one online as I just created a Lost Portal sub reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/LostPortal/) and wanted to create some card reviews on it, so was hoping some one already had made something online I could reference for card details, but since it seems like maybe that's not the case I'll just hand type up the details on each review instead. Still, good to know about how to access the ones I'm missing in the deck editor, thank you.

Also, if you have any issue with me making a sub reddit on the game let me know and I'll take it down.

13. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Outside of Avatars (which from what I can tell you need to find the enemy with the same art as the card and farm them till it drops), do all cards have an equal drop rate at every encounter? If not, is there a way to tell the best places to farm specific cards?

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Cards you win after defeating an enemy in a duel are directly from that enemy's deck. Cards you find in a dungeon are typically random with a few exceptions. Card shops and Forges also have mainly random cards of different rarities available, with some exceptions.

You are welcome to start up that sub reddit.

15. Buffbeardo

Buffbeardo Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Male
    I’m trying to complete my collection. Any info on where I can find the Clockwork Bull?

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    You will have to travel to The Gauntlet through the Ancient Portal, as you've just helped me find a bug for both Silvis (which drops Clockwork Angel) and Taurax (Clockwork Bull) that is preventing them from showing up in the other random dungeons. I'll include a fix for this in the next update.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. Arif314

Arif314 New Member

Jan 13, 2023
    Hi everyone, so ive been playing this amazing game and for now only bought feldyr expansion.
    After finishing feldyr, i was farming gauntlet. There i found “kiltikiras?” Cmiiw, then got his avatar, devastate. But when i check my library i have 0 devastate. After that i got another devastate but still 0 in my library. Is this a bug? Or do i need to have another dlc to get that card? Or am i missing something?

18. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Kilratikas is from the Aerahym expansion, so it sounds like a bug that you got to face him in The Gauntlet if you haven't purchased/unlocked that expansion. I'm looking at the code right now, to see how it could happen. Since you don't have that expansion unlocked, the game isn't allowing you to see the card in the deck editor.

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I did find a bug to explain why that was happening in The Gauntlet, easily fixed. That will be in the next update to Lost Portal. Thanks for reporting the issue!

20. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Something that would get me excited for a future expansion would be a towns person (maybe you rescue them from a dungeon) for whom you could select any card in the game, and they'll then give you the areas where it can be found, who drops it, which area has the highest chance of you getting it, etc.

Maybe by default they can only give you this info on cards you already own, but you can pay a one time gold fee (or find something in the expansion dungeon that you bring back to them) to unlock the ability for them to let you select un-owned cards as well. They could be a hunter or a divination witch or something.

As the game is right now, its difficult to hunt the cards I want for the decks I'm trying to build because there's no easy way to know where they drop, even cards I got in the past, if I didn't write down in a real world notebook "such and such card drops from such and such enemy in such and such dungeon" but the time I realize I want more, I've forgotten where I got the card, and that's before even getting into cards I don't have (and maybe already passed the enemies that use it but they didn't happen to use it when I faced them so I didn't learn they have it). So something that lets me know where to farm the cards I want would be a huge quality of life upgrade, however it was implemented.

Buffbeardo likes this.