Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    There is an option under "Options" in the main screen to disable help, which prevents some of the tutorial pop-ups from occurring. There are pop-ups that still occur while creating a new character though as you go through and select a portrait, color affinity, etc.

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thank you.

3. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #1223 Grinner, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    This is something he just recently put in. At the very beginning - opening screen, select options and there’s an on/off button for help. I think if you turn that off, the tutorial is disabled unless you specifically ask for it.

—-edit: guess I’m late to the late party.

4. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Landscape mode was taking me too long and holding up the rest of this update, so I just submitted the rest of these changes and will get Landscape mode into the next update.

5. Inoritcev

Inoritcev New Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Hello,
    Thank you for the last update, I have a lot fun (and great loot) revisiting areas!
    I have a question regarding the Consume ability of the Clockwork Dragon though. If I understand correctly, when I play the Dragon card over one of my - already in game - creatures the Dragon gets the Give Rush ability. Does it get the ability only for the turn during which the consume happens or for the rest of the time the Dragon is active in game? In case the Dragon gets it for the rest of its active time, it seems to me it is not working properly. Each time I tried to take advantage of this consume ability the creatures I played after consuming with the Dragon did not get rush. I may also not understand correctly how this is supposed to work...

I have another unrelated question : is there a place where people share their decks? It could be fun to se what other players are building.

Thanks in advance!

6. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad you are enjoying the update, it is good to hear some positive feedback.

That consume ability activates when the Clockwork Dragon consumes a creature as it comes into play, which means it will affect itself and any other creatures you control who happen to be fatigued. After that, it doesn't have any further effect.

As for deck sharing - I've seen at least one person share some of their decks right here.

7. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Kinda of odd. I thought I saw this once and I just saw it again. I’ve no idea why, but it looks like, very rarely, the creature created via the Gatekeeper capability acts as if ‘sleeping’ (or whatever the term is) for it’s first turn. I had an arcane defender out, but went second. The Corrupted Ent played a wither on it then tossed an Archaic One in front of it. The defender did not attack on my turn. I don’t see any other play that would have made a difference. The Ent had an Enchantress from Gatekeeping. Interesting.

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hmm, this sounds like an unfortunate byproduct of moving the removal of fatigue from the start of turn to the end of turn. That change solved some complications around fatigue and the abilities like spin web (which gives +2 fatigue), but apparently created a new issue. I'll have to give this some thought.

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The change definitely weakened the Gatekeeper ability a bit, since that starting creature has fatigue through your first turn, but I actually don't think that is such a bad change. One thing I am playing with is moving the activation of the Gatekeeper ability to the start of your first turn, instead of the start of the game before your first turn, so it is a little more obvious that it should have fatigue. I will play with it some more, but so far it looks reasonable.

10. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I’m not 100% sure but I think it acts as if it has fatigue (even if not so marked) for both players regardless of whether you were the starting player or not. Very counter-intuitive. I guess if you played it like an actual creature being played that would be different. Hmmm…

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The creatures that enter play due to Gatekeeper should have the red border indicating fatigue, unless of course your lightning field ability kicks in. Anyway, after play-testing with Gatekeeper moved to the start of your first turn, I think it is much more intuitive, so I'm going to leave it there in the next update.

Also, I had another complaint about the fact that the card winnings/losings disappear from the screen before you can see them, so I made some changes to have them stay on the screen so you can see them and even press on them to see the full-sized card. It seems like a nice change. I also brought the log button up to the top right at that time so you can look at game log after the game ends, in case you want to review what happened exactly. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like:

IMG_5749.PNG

Inoritcev and Grinner like this.
  12. Inoritcev

Inoritcev New Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Hello,
    I am looking forward to this addition.
    I think I noticed a change in the behavior of the creatures summoned by Crown of the Fallen. They seem always fatigued and can therefore never attack during their first turn of play. Then they mostly get destroyed and replaced by a new fatigued creature, and so on. Is this also a byproduct of moving the removal of fatigue from the start of turn to the end of turn?

On a different note, how many different cards are there in the game? Is my collection complete with 405?

Thanks!

13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, that does look like another impact of that change. Hmm.

Yes, there are 405 cards in the game now. Forest of Lost Dreams shows as 405/405. By the way, you can press the "Library" at the top of the deck editor and it will toggle showing you cards you don't have yet. In your case, that won't do anything since you've collected them all.

14. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Quick thought on terrorize. The card says “The weakest enemy creature loses all life.” But your definition of weakest seems to be ‘random card of any with the lowest life’. My idea of weakest might be also based on attack value. So lowest attack within lowest life. Or lowest total of both. You don’t really define some of that stuff anywhere. No big deal, like I said, just a thought.

15. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, I agree that 'weakest' is too vague. I'll look to reword it to something like, "The enemy creature with the lowest life total loses all life."

16. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Weird bug. I just was defeated and it won’t finish the process. I tap the defeat message and it tells me what I lost but the message doesn’t go away. I tap it a second time and it dims out but that’s all. I hit it a couple more times and it reiterates the $ I lost and the defeat message undims. I can continue to do this but it never finishes. I.e. two taps, dims, tap again, money loss shows up, tap again and it undims. Rinse repeat. No clue how to duplicate this.

So of course I go back the the game and it finally works. Oh well…

17. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Ok, I’m unloading it and restarting it. I just started a new fight, placed my first guy and the fight started over with the horn ta-taaaa. Sound. Too weird.

18. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner, not sure what was happening there. I am not able to reproduce it, of course. Just curious, what type of device are you playing on?

19. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I mainly play on an IPad. Currently an IPad Pro 3rd Gen. Reloading the program seems to have corrected whatever was going on. (Did I just age myself by calling it a program and not an app(lication)?)

20. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    #1240 Grinner, Jul 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but when one of the new multi-draw aeon cards are played (like Remote Citadel) when there is only 1 space left in your hand, it is creating just 1 aeon and not 2. So the first card in your hand is not being discarded to make room for the second aeon card as is normally done. Not necessarily a bad thing just unexpected.

Additionally I just played Remote Citadel onto a Glacial Titan to create a Frostbite. That worked and it created the 2 aeon cards but it didn’t impart armor piercing to any card.