Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Should the Dwarven Soldier have a “special power” icon for having armor piercing? I wasn’t sure what capabilities had badges as reminders.

2. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    #1182 Taznak, Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    There's a bug with Tower of False Hope, where sometimes my opponent has one creature, and the card fails to select it and thus doesn't kill anything. When it selects a unit, even if it has black or red immunity, there's a small animation where the selected unit shakes, telling you which unit is being affected; when the bug occurs, this animation is absent.

I'm not sure as to the exact conditions under which the bug happens, but when those conditions are met, the bug happens consistently: if I cast Tower of False Hope and it bugs, casting a second one immediately afterwards will always fail.

EDIT: Looks like the bug can also happen when my opponent has more than one creature. I just had a game where Tower of False Hope selected a 3/7 enemy creature over a 5/4 enemy creature, meaning the effect failed to consider the 5/4 creature as a valid target.

3. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Great game, i downloaded it years ago but never really started playing it and ended up deleting it; now i have re-downloaded it and i'm hooked! just bought all the expansions. I'll buy anything else you'll come out with. Congratulations it really is an amazing game and i'm so happy i finally started to play it!

4. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    That one doesn't, but not a bad suggestion as it would be useful information.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I investigated and determined there is a bug and I believe it only happens when the creature is in the right-most slot. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting it!

6. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad to hear you are enjoying it and thanks for the support!

7. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    It pains me to call for a nerf / bugfix to a card I actively use, but I found another bug with Tower of False Hope: I just used it to kill a unit which had Red Immunity from an equipped Energy Relic. The card correctly fails to kill units who have Black Immunity, however.

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The update I put out last night should fix that, but let me know if that's not the case and I'll investigate further.

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The main changes for this update are to fix the issues with animations and the newer iPhones and iOS. I managed to find a relatively easy workaround after trying several things much more complicated & risky, so I'm pretty happy about the solution.

10. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    I downloaded the update, and both issues with Tower of False Hope seem to be fixed: It no longer kills units with Red Immunity, and it now correctly kills units in the right-most board position.

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    That is good to hear!

12. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Just wondering… if you resurrect a character from the discard pile that has consume, might it end up consuming another character? What if all the spaces were full?

13. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    The bug with animations seems gone now (iPhone 12+). Good work, as always!:)

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    No, it won't trigger consume. I did consider that, but decided against it.

15. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad to hear it! A big relief to get that one fixed.

By the way, a couple of things I forgot to mention with these updates:
    - The options pop up now has a slider for disabling help pop-ups
    - You can long press the library buttons in the deck editor to go to the first/last page

I've also got my artist friend working on some T-shirt designs that I'm planning to put up on redbubble. We'll see how that works out, but I've been wanting some Lost Portal swag for a while now.

raravan likes this.
  16. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    hey there, amazing stuff!
    sorry if this is isn't the place to ask, but still are there any plans for android release?

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I don't currently have any plans to port this to android. Initially I had hoped to do so, but sales haven't been so good as to support the significant effort. If I was starting from scratch now, I'd probably pick Unity to make that easier.

raravan likes this.
  18. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    Another small bug to report: The ability from Scorching Phoenix, Phoenix Fire, says it deals 2 damage to all creatures and players. It correctly deals 2 damage to all creatures, but there's something odd going on with the damage to players. I've seen it damage the controlling player but not his opponent, and I've seen it affect both the Scorching Phoenix and the creature in front of it a second time, without damaging either player.

Also, there's a typo on the description of the Flamewave ability, which is used by multiple creatures including Queen of Elements: "All enemy creatures lose 1 lif.e"

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks for reporting these - they'll both be fixed in the next update.

20. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    Are all non-boss enemies supposed to show up in the Ancient Portal to Soltaria? I ask, because I finished the campaign for my current playthrough, and I've been trying to complete my collection of cards. I got to max level at around 900 wins, now I'm at 1700 wins after going through many, many runs of Soltaria, and I keep seeing the same enemies over and over, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen the enemies with the Avatar cards I'm missing (Earth Dragon, Overgrowth).

Combined with the fact that enemies that are tied to one specific dungeon in the campaign are not guaranteed to show up in that dungeon, the process of trying to get a full collection of cards is pretty frustrating right now.