Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. zekethebeast

zekethebeast New Member

Oct 18, 2021
    Male

I hope this more accurately shows what I meant. It’s like NO animations shows and it just happens.

2. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    That's similar to what I get when I interrupt the game's animations, only more severe. I'd recommend closing the app and opening it again; if the problem persists, I'd try turning off your phone (Settings -> General -> Shut Down) and turning it back on, then trying again. I think that should solve the issue.

3. zekethebeast

zekethebeast New Member

Oct 18, 2021
    Male
    Tried that just now. Still some lag, but not as bad. Really seems to be on the spells that affect multiple creatures (Nature’s Grace) and then some ETB triggers too.

Just didn’t know if it was a known issue with newer phones.

4. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I tested this on the iPhone 13 Pro simulator on my laptop and it runs perfectly. I just tried in on my wife's new iPhone 13 Pro and sure enough I am seeing the same problem. Animations are getting hung up. They just freeze for several seconds and then eventually continue. I haven't seen this ever before so I will be debugging it and hopefully get a solution.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Reading online, this seems to be an issue with iOS 15 and newer iPhones (12 and 13).
    I'm updating my iPhone 11 Pro to iOS 15 right now to see if it happens there.

Not looking like an easy fix for me if Apple doesn't do something on their end.

zekethebeast likes this.
  6. zekethebeast

zekethebeast New Member

Oct 18, 2021
    Male
    Seems like such a weird issue for Apple to accidentally break, but also not entirely unexpected. Thanks for looking into it!

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I've opened up a technical case with Apple, we'll see what they come back with. In the meantime, I'm thinking about how I can restructure my code to avoid the issue in case they tell me I'm on my own. We'll get it fixed one way or the other...

8. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    AHHHHHHH!!!! BUT WHAT RACES AND WHAT CLASSES?!? INTERROBANG MEANS I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!

9. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    I'm sure you will be able to play as a Troll Space Bard who can rickroll their foes :p

10. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Regarding that issue with iOS 15 and iPhone 12/13, I have to open a bug report for Apple and hopefully they can address the problem in a reasonable time frame. If not, I will have to consider a work around, but would rather not as it is a complex change and would probably cause more bugs to work through and definitely slow down the next update's release.

As for Star Portal - the plans to start with are for four races - Humans, Vyr, Archos, and Zakora. The Archos are artificial intelligence life forms and the Zakora are insect life forms. The Vyr are an ancient race with mental/psychic powers. The classes start with Marine, Medic, Guardian and Scout. Each race/class would have abilities that would unlock as well as a set of unique cards of different rarities. There are ideas for additional classes, but they could come later through expansions.

Zakora1.png Archos3.png

Son of Anarchy, raravan, Norf and 2 others like this.
  11. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    AHHHH!!!! LOOKIT YOUR AWESOME SPACE ART!!!!! MUST HUG THING ON RIGHT!!!!

but srsly thanks tho.

12. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #1152 Grinner, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Possible bug: It seems that the Creeping Doom capability for the Darkwing Dragon is doing more damage than defined. It appears to be reducing enemies by 2x2 instead of 1x1 as stated on the card.

Would be willing to play test if you need it in the future.

13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi Grinner,

Creeping Doom (the spell and ability) was modified in a previous update to alter all enemy creatures by -1 power and -2 life, from the previous -1/-1. The description for the ability was not properly updated and will be fixed in the next update.

I'll keep you in mind if I decide to do any beta testing in the future.

Here are a couple of the cards I'm creating as new quest rewards, from the dungeon artwork...
    Mike

IMG_4915.jpg IMG_4914.jpg

CrayonWarrior and Grinner like this.
  14. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    From the moment you revealed the upcoming spell Blitz, that makes your creature attack an enemy creature twice, I knew there had to be a good combo use for it. I think Jungle Serpent is the best pairing for it. I'll have to try that combo along with Flagbearer when the new expansion comes out :D

15. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    So, I found what looks like a bug. I was trying out a new deck idea, and found Mass Conjure doesn't work exactly as advertised. The number of cards you draw (and put in play if they're creatures) is limited by the available board space when you play it. If you have 4+ green aeons and 4+ blue aeons available and you play Mass Conjure, the spell will draw 4 cards if you have 4+ open board spaces; it will draw 3 cards if you have 3 open board spaces; it will draw 2 cards if you have 2 open board spaces; and it will draw 1 card if you have 1 open board space.

Casting Mass Conjure when you have 2 open board spaces, then drawing two cards to your hand and having nothing else happen is a little disappointing.

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, that looks like a bug. I will look at it and fix it.

17. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    I can't reproduce the Mass Conjure bug 100% of the time, but I have reproduced it several times.

On to the next one, regarding the Aeon cost of gold cards: If my remaining Aeon pool (in their in-game order, Red -> Green -> Blue -> Black) is 1-0-0-6, I can't cast a 1-cost gold spell like Curse of the Past. If I then play a Dragon Heart Aeon card, my new Aeon pool is 2-0-0-7, and now I can cast the 1-cost gold spell. I cast the spell, and my remaining Aeon pool is now 1-0-0-3, when it should be 1-0-0-0.

18. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I have a fix for the Mass Conjure bug. Testing looks good so far. That was a little tricky as there aren't a lot of cards that draw to play and then alternatively draw to your hand, both of which may not have enough space, in which case the draw has to go to the discard pile.

The aeon exchange issue was a really obvious bug, so thanks for finding it and pointing it out. I still have to test it, but I have no doubt it is fixed.

Hopefully I can get this latest update done soon; here is some artwork that I just got for one of the new dungeons:

Deltraxia.png

CrayonWarrior and naghihimutuc like this.
  19. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Not to be pushy but….. any news on either the latest LP update or Star Portals?

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  20. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    Yeah, I'm definitely curious as well :D

Son of Anarchy likes this.