Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner - you make a good case that the 10% experience bonus is not that great. I'd be more concerned but Wisdom is already probably the best ability with the increased starting aeons that you gain. Still, it makes me think the experience bonus could be increased without breaking anything. Ie, % equal to your Wisdom. As you said it just speeds the leveling process, it doesn't increase the level cap so eventually another character would get to that same level too. Something I'll consider tweaking in the next update.

2. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #1082 Grinner, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    The extra aeon is very important. Wisdom is always a tough one to pick since you don’t get anything additional until you hit the next level ( same as intellect). I tend to put 1 into health or agility and then wait until I have enough to bump to the next level.

BTW, there’s a bug that I can’t reproduce on demand that will leave arrows on the screen. Probably from the decks screen. I tried to upload a screen shot but it’s too big RO load and I currently can’t reduce it.

3. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    #1083 Grinner, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Not that you need suggestions for cards, but I just had a couple ideas. One would be for selection cards (your system might not be set up for this, particularly due to the AI part) where you have a choice of what a card does. One thought was like you draw 2 cards or your opponent draws 5. I always hate when I lose cards in my hand because I’m full. Or discard x cards from the opponents deck. Nothing earth shattering, just a couple thoughts I had when playing today.

4. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    #1084 Taznak, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Nvm, wrote a big chunk of text but Michael already answered on lostportalccg website

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I've definitely considered "Choice" cards. Would require another pop up where you make the selection. I've worked around that some with the "Pitch" mechanic. Ie, Deal X damage to creature. Pitch to instead draw a card. Not as flexible, but does give some of the same decision process. You are right that is the type of card that the AI has to be 'smart' to decide which choice to make, so would be additional work there as well.

6. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Not sure if this is a bug: attacked a Shadow Giant with a Ruptured Soul. It damaged it but I didn’t get control of it.

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Well, it is working exactly the way I coded it. :) In the next update, I will have Rupture Soul changed so that the 'gain control' part has no color, instead of being black (ie, like Master's Will) and thus ignored by the Shadow Giant who has black immunity. Thanks for pointing that out!

8. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Another request: generally you have a border around cards that can be used but some cards have borders when they can’t be used for any purpose. One such is Death Undone. This can be played even if there is no creatures in the opponent’s discards. I suppose this would allow you to play the card to just get it out of you hand but I don’t think that’s how it should work. You can also look through the discard pile to see if/what is there but the lack of border could help keep someone from wasting a play. There are a few others like that but I don’t have that info right now.

oh and a quick AI suggestion, you might make sure that a character is on the board before playing Terrorize. Not that I want the AI smarter...

9. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    While you’re taking bug reports, I always thought it was weird that there is exactly one creature in the game without a creature type (e.g. Human, Machine, Undead, Elemental): Fierce Enchanter

10. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I'll put it down on the wish list and give it some thought, but not a trivial request. You can also cast a Ruin without any creatures in play, but that is easier to see as you don't have to dig through a discard pile to see how it will play out. Perhaps I can think of something.

As for Terrorize, I thought I fixed that, but perhaps it did not make the last update. Regardless, expect it to be fixed by the next one.

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks for pointing that out. It does have a creature type, it just wasn't getting displayed. It will be fixed in the next update.

12. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Just had an interesting idea for some disruption cards. Ones that disrupt death. You might have cards that stop a creature card from dying, or puts him in your hand, or takes an opponents card when it dies, etc. there are some of these as creature capabilities (get health, etc) but not disruption.

re: Terrorize - that might be fixed, I don’t know if I’ve seen one since the last update.

13. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    When I cast Ignite, I deal 4 damage to a target, then 1 damage to all enemy creatures. If I have a creature with Empower on my board and cast Ignite, the spell instead deals 5 damage to a target, then 1 damage to all enemy creatures.

Is this intended? I thought the second half of the spell might benefit from Empower as well. As things stand, I feel like only Ice Breath really takes advantage of Empower synergies.

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I have considered other "auto-cast" cards, that trigger at different times (ie, when a creature attacks you). That could work for such things as when your creature takes damage, dies, etc. as well.

15. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Sorry that is a bit confusing for that card. I'll take a look at it and see if that can be tweaked so the second half gets empowered as well.

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Well, the easiest way to make it work properly is to change the EMPOWER ability to work on destruction spells AND abilities. That means any creature you control that activates to do damage would also get empowered. Pretty big power boost, so going to play test that a bit.

17. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    FWIW I think my 2 favorite cards are Predator Dragon and Dragon Egg. Really enjoy seeing what dragon pops out of the egg. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a predator show up.

18. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Consider it fixed (in the next update)!

19. Taznak

Taznak Active Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    I don't know if you've played the game Hades by Supergiant Games, but in that game, you get permanent upgrades to your character by interacting with the Mirror of Darkness (comparable to the sub-abilities you unlock with the Ability Trainer in Lost Portal). In Hades, there's an alternate set of permanent upgrades you can get; so you can get an upgrade that gives you +50% damage when you hit your target from behind, or you can get an alternative upgrade that gives you +50% damage vs. targets that are at full health, for instance.

I was wondering what an alternative set of sub-abilities would look like in Lost Portal, in part because, in my opinion, as you stack more and more sub-abilities that mainly buff your Creatures, the Creature card type starts to crowd out other card types, especially Equipment cards.

Here's a sample of what an alternate set of sub-abilities could look like:
    Intellect 15 - Wrathful: Chance (equal to twice your Intellect) your Destruction spells deal 1 extra damage.
    Agility 20 - Resourceful: Chance (equal to twice your Agility) to start each duel with an equipment in play.
    Intellect 30 - Magus: Chance (equal to 2/3 your Intellect) that when you cast a spell, you return that spell to your hand.
    Health 30 - Juggernaut: Chance (equal to 2/3 your Health) to reduce damage taken by the player by 1 (rolled for every instance of damage you take).

20. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    #1100 Grinner, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    I’m not sure I consider it a bug. It seems that you only use ‘normal’ single color cards for things like that (Dragon Egg). Another example is that I’ve never seen Demon Gate create a Skeletal Demon.

PS: After I originally posted this, I did get a grey dragon off the egg so I guess it’s not quite what I thought. Only you’d know for sure how it works.