Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Paje - that makes sense. I doubt you could build a deck like that if you were using card loss (at least I couldn’t) as getting and keeping some of those cards would be problematic. I’m not a great deck builder. Love games deck builders (Magic, Hearthstone, etc) but always hit my limit fairly early. Maybe I’m a hoarder, can’t throw anything away. I like the deck loss concept because it forces you to be more tactical and reactive. That and the RPG concept of increasing capabilities in Lost Portal (hmm, why isn’t it plural?) helps hide my deck building foibles.

2. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Maybe a bug with your new cards? An Enchantress came into play opposite my Phase Hound on a Helm of Invisibility. Both the Helm and Hound went to the discard pile. The Hound should have stayed but lost it’s ability, correct?

3. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Any chance your Phase Hound was down to one life? When it loses the Helm it also loses the +1 attack and +1 life that it had gained.

4. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    #1064 Grinner, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Unfortunately I believe I had just put it out and it was a full strength. I might have seen another similar situation so it might be something funky with the Enchantress. I’ve not noticed anything like it before, or in a long time.

Something else odd just happened. The opponent played a Thieving Imp. I had a Logic Storm with enough aons to play, but the imp came out. The way the cards moved and all seemed to indicate that the Logic Storm was being played, but as I said, it just went to the discard pile as if the Imp function was all that happened.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner - I tried to reproduce the phase hound w/helm of invisibility vs. enchantress and did not see the issue. It worked for me as expected and the hound lost the +1/+1 from the helm and other abilities, but stayed alive.
    Regarding the thieving imp vs. logic storm - I could see a mind fog would auto-cast and disrupt the imp, but a logic storm would not auto-cast from your hand in response to the imp and would just get discarded. The only cards that auto-cast like that are disruption cards, so not really sure what to make of what you saw.
    Please do let me know if you see either issue again.

6. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Sorry to keep tossing out oddities. In the situation below, the Berserker is hitting with 2 and then 3 damage. Nothing in the discard would seem to indicate anything that would cause the additional 3 damage. (Having enough trouble with this random method as is.)

upload_2020-2-5_15-5-26.jpeg

Never mind. I ran out of cards..... Can’t delete posts so editing this is the best I can do.

7. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Another minor issue that might be tough to “fix”. The opponent had a Fiery Drake that started with hidden. It then played a Helm of Invisibility on it. I followed by playing a Brigand opposite the Drake stealing the Helm. The Drake then became visible. Programmatically I can see that, but game wise should the Drake kept it’s hidden status since it wasn't’ dependent on the Helm? Not a big thing and admittedly rare, but I figured I’d at least post it since it wasn’t my mistake this time...

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    thanks for the feedback. This one is an unforeseen consequence of not wanting to show duplicate 'hidden' or other similar abilities on the creature, since the ability doesn't really stack as it does with something like regenerate. I'll give it some thought but should be able to fix it.

9. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    This seems to be a timing issue and I’m not sure how it should work but when a Thieving Imp enters play and there is a valid Disallow in hand, the imp wins. From other things I’ve seen I would have expected the Disallow to trigger and keep the Imp from entering play.

10. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I just tried Thieving Imp vs. Disallow and it worked for me as expected. Are you sure you had 2 green aeons available at that time?

11. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I believe I had 5 the last time and recall it happening before but figured I had it wrong. If I see it again, I’ll let you know. It’s possible I checked available aeons after I’d finished the turn.

12. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I had to switch to android! Please HALP! Especially Star Portal....please please consider making an android version!

13. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    @LordFoul Have you had your game development stifled due to Corona? I really hate that possibility =/
    I, of course, hope all is well with you and yours.
    I honestly liked Lost Portal so much, and miss it since I have android now...I swear I may just go pick up a cheapo used iphone from gamestop just so I can play LP again and eventually Star Portal...
    I think about SP randomly every couple months haha...really excited for your new game. Good Luck!

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi Tychaeus,
    No, Corona hasn't impacted development - I can strictly blame my day job for that, which luckily I still have, but has been quite busy. I have been making some meager progress on Star Portal lately, but it still needs some serious focus to get where it needs to be.
    Downloading Slay the Spire recently has inspired me to work harder. I did just release a few improvements to Lost Portal, including a 'bosses only' dungeon through the Ancient Portal.

stubbieoz and Roxton like this.
  15. applecat

applecat Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Do you think it's possible to implement any kind of speed up/frame skip option for those of us really wanting to start a new run but get discouraged/bored to death by the slow speed+huge amount of trash mobs? I've bought all the expansions but the start is so slow (especially with having to reroll dozens of times to start off with some dual lands/good starting shop goods because without those progression is even slower) that I get demotivated just thinking it...

16. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Well I finally won an extreme/card loss game while choosing ability points at random. If I was a better deck crafter and didn’t need to put as much emphasis on abilities it probably would have been easier. I think it took 6 tries to get there. The main color was black and it still required some lucky rolls to get decent ability purchases.

Another thing I’m doing is playing a character where I put all my ability points into wisdom until I “became enlightened”. My characters always seem to end up at the same level when I finish killing everything (not counting the random area - which is 466 kills) so I figured I’d see what level I finish on if I get the extra 10% exp as early as possible. It looks like it will make a difference.

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I have started working on a new expansion...

18. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Might have another odd bug. I had a Winged Serpent that had a Petrify played on it. It was still using its special attack (which is fine) but instead of no damage, it was doing 4 damages each turn. Not complaining since it was my card, but still...

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi Grinner - yes, definitely a bug and easy to fix. Due to it being inanimate, it should not get that extra attack.
    I'll have it fixed in the next update!
    Progress on the next expansion continues...

IMG_3189.jpg

Grinner likes this.
  20. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Ok, so I played 2 games to kind of completion. Each character had 466 wins. One started with all her points going to wisdom to gain intellect and the extra 10% experience each win. The other did not pick up intellect until all other groups were at 20 points (same level as intellect). At the completion the intellect character had 40056 Exp and was at level 32. The not so intellectual had 39347 and was at level 31.

So other than maybe getting a level a tad earlier and ending with one level higher, I don’t see that Intellect, in and of itself, is that great of an ability to aspire to. Just my opinion.