Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Hi, I noticed 2 things, didn’t check if reported before:
    1. Is there any changes to #173 Reflecting Scepter? I can’t forge it even if I have it - it just doesn’t show in the forge;
    2. The discard pile sometimes seems to display wrong top cards. I noticed it several times after a lot of creatures go into the discard pile at the same turn. When you just look at the discard pile without tapping it, it shows creature A, but when you actually enlarge it to check, creature B is the first card, while creature A is somewhere beneath. This causes troubles when playing with tomb digging cards.

2. grok

grok New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    Hey, I just picked this game up a few days ago and I'm having a blast. Ran through the main campaign once with Red -> Red/Black midrange. Then I started a new save on blue and stumbled on a sweet build hinging on Ice Dragon. Combine it with Neuromantic Elder or Replicant or both and you have a hard lock with 5/5s beating on the opponent.

Just wanted to drop in and give props for the awesome game.

3. paje

paje New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Great game.
    First time poster. Please pardon any gaffs.

I’ve attached a screenshot of what looks to be an infinite match.

The lower two Seeds of Life cards are on Shield of Life cards . This allows me to gain life when receiving damage from empty deck draws.

That’s how I’m ahead of Mordekan.

Roughly, the blue Mindshades destroy the Seeds of Life and the opposing Mindshades respawn them.

87872A7A-8587-4A77-BA13-213D149461C2.png

I’ve saved the log so far. I guess I’ll keep going til it crashes? Is this novel or am I easily entertained?

4. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    This is the first time I've seen this one! Very interesting...
    As far as what to do about it, I think your best bet is to concede and try again.
    I'll have to think about this one, as far as any changes to avoid it in the future.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the positive feedback! Good to hear you enjoying and finding some great combos.

6. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I’ve another small bug. I’ve got a poisoned Hydra on a Balrock’s Ring. It says it has regenerate 5, but it isn’t regenerating. Hydras are great to be poisoned, but this time it’s not quite working as planned,.

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Poison doesn't deal damage, it is an alteration that lowers the creature's life (and power). So, there isn't any damage to regenerate, as the creature is already at its (newly lowered) maximum life.

8. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Small bug or maybe clarification. The Charged Orb says that the “Target creature or player loses 2 life...”. I think it is doing 2 damage which from other cards isn’t the same as losing 2 life. Thus an armored creature is only losing 1 life instead of 2. Similarly with the Arc Golem (I think). Am I reading this incorrectly?

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The key point with Charged Orb is that it is a destruction spell and is thus impacted by ARMORED.

A creature with the ARMORED keyword loses one half (rounded down) of the life it normally would have lost from creature attacks and destruction spells. Alteration spells that reduce life affect these creatures normally.

You'll see all destruction spells are worded similarly (ie, Soul Shatter - Target creature loses 9 life).

Hopefully that helps clarify!

Mike

ShieldBash.png

raravan likes this.
  10. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    HALLOWEEN SALE!
    Lost Portal is on sale for $1 AND both Aerahym and Primeval expansions are on sale for a limited time!

Primeval.png

raravan likes this.
  11. Kneebo Orevig

Kneebo Orevig New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Male
    Just bought the game and all extensions. Excellent game!

12. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the support!
    FYI - I am currently play-testing a few new common/uncommon cards that will be added to the base set in the next update. I plan to finish testing them and get the update out in a couple of weeks.

raravan, CrayonWarrior and Gwarmaxx like this.
  13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Update 1.2 contains 22 new common and uncommon cards that were added to the base set. No new IAP required, just update and they are added in to the pool of cards available to play with. Each color gets two new creatures, two new spells and one new magic item. There are also a couple of gray cards that I added as well.

stubbieoz likes this.
  14. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I’ve always thought that there was perhaps too big of a difficulty gap between hard mode and extreme mode. Generally I’ve been playing extreme lately with a minor hinderance of starting with random ability values. When I play a campaign I now play to clear every dungeon with the exception of never going to the random portal (I like having reasons for doing things and just fighting to fight doesn’t do anything for me). When everything has been clean out you have killed 466 monsters.

To test my theory that an additional difficulty would be helpful, I went back and played at hard mode. To handicap myself a bit, I choose an ability at random and started with all initial points in that ability. I would only add points to that ability until I hit 30 and would then choose a new random ability to upgrade in the same way. I’ve generally found blue the easiest for me (and also fun) although it can be difficult to get started with.

Given those constraints, I’ll compare the final scores of a blue avatar that I played at hard vs. one at extreme. The extreme ended with 466 wins and 212 losses and 7331 gold. The avatar played at hard finished with 67 losses and 19232 gold. This doesn’t count the cards (I guess I could go back and sell all the cards for their gold value). Similarly (but I believe w/o the ability handicap) Red avatars ended up 466-405 w 9270 g vs 466-170 and 17516 g.

Not that I expect you to make that significant of a change but thought this was an interesting test (and also new way for me to keep playing my all time favorite iPad game).

My next (and sure to be very frustrating) way to play is to play on extreme with all ability purchases to be made randomly.

BTW, one additional point, every character that I have played and completed as defined (466 kills) has ended up at level 31 regardless of how early I purchased the 10% increase.

Thanks again for a great game. Hope the new one is going well (need a tester?)

15. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner
    Wow, those are some great data points, thanks for sharing with me. There is a 5K XP difference between level 31 and 32. The 10% bonus at that point would be worth roughly 3K so not quite enough to push you to the next level, but definitely get you there sooner.

Star Portal is coming along. I took a bit of a break to get the new cards added to Lost Portal, but now I'm ready to dive back in. I do like the direction Star Portal is heading, but it has taken me a long time to get some traction. At some point when it is ready for some early testing I will let you know, as I would like to get your feedback. Here is an ability icon...

Teleport.png

raravan likes this.
  16. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    That Ability icon is cool.. of course I have no idea what it is. Transport beam of some kind?

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    It is a move ability. Players will have up to four abilities that can be activated in addition to cards in their hands, so should have a lot of options.

raravan, CrayonWarrior and stubbieoz like this.
  18. paje

paje New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    #1058 paje, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    I’ve been enjoying a couple extra self-imposed deck creation rules:

1. 12 different card faces only
    2. 28 total card count

28 is the minimum deck size once you max out Intellect. 12 card faces allows all of your cards to be shown on one page of the deck view.

It’s also challenging and fun. :)

Here’s my current fav deck for my red affinity character:

C4DE6D7A-7E96-4FAD-9690-21097B28498D.jpeg

Note: this is after beating the game and battling in infinite Soltaria.

19. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    That’s pretty cool but of course you have to get lucky enough to be able to get some of those cards. What difficulty level are you playing?

20. paje

paje New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    #1060 paje, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Difficulty: Extreme - nil
    Health: 10
    Agility: 32
    Wisdom: 35
    Intellect: 35

That fav deck was meant to show an example of using those extra two deck building constraints. There are many other good 28x12 decks.

I crafted some of those cards after I got the first. I can’t remember which cards can be crafted.

The fav deck I posted seems to be very flexible.

You can emulate the opponent, grow the hydra, turtle in seeds of life, and/or put up a frustrating disruption defense.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice cards in the beginning of the match, since the hand is overflowing. There’s fun strategy within that.