Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Update 1.1.10 is now available with iPhone X support.

2. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Adding iPhone X support had unintended consequences and iPad Pro (10.5" and 12.9") are broken in 1.1.10. I am working to fix this over the next couple of days and then will push out an update. Sorry to the iPad Pro Lost Portal players!

3. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Version 1.1.11 is now available with native support for iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9", along with a couple bug fixes.

4. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hate losing gold? Version 1.1.12 is now available with a change to the difficulty levels, which allows you to select the enemy difficulty separately from the loss difficulty. Now you can choose to lose nothing when you lose a duel, or increase the challenge and lose some gold, more gold or gold/cards from your deck. Difficulty settings for existing campaigns is automatically mapped to the new settings, but you can edit your campaign to select a new setting.

5. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #965 Mistrija, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Very very very good!

If I'm picky; cards (or at least numbers on them) could be larger. Visually in GUI. Bein easier on eyes.
    If I'm even more picky; if damage was applied more "Magic style" /simultaneously. (When defender also does damage to attacker) with possibility to actually declare blockers; I think the dueling would be even more interesting.

Deck building it's OK but I'm not sure about forging. Just haven't figured it out entirely and didn't use it at all in two finished campaigns. Seems like unnecessary segment in the game.

But still and nonetheless, very very good card game! # for making it premium.

6. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Dude, i just bought your game and it is awesome! i am getting the IAP and will buy any other expansion that you deliver. A premium CCG is not a thing you see every day. This games MUST be supported.

One question... how was the game inicially intended? when you lose a fight i mean...you lose gold? i want to play with the original idea.

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad to hear you are enjoying Lost Portal!

Originally the difficulty levels were setup so that on easy you lost some gold, on medium/normal you lost more gold and on hard/extreme you could lose cards from your deck as well as gold.

I am indeed working on another expansion. Still have a ways to go, but it will be similar to the first one in that it will add new cards and new dungeons. I will share some card artwork when I get closer to complete.

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I am making some progress on the Primeval expansion, which will include 40 new cards and four new dungeons.
    Here are a few cards. I just shared a few more over on the Lost Portal CCG Facebook page for any interested.

Attached Files:

9. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Still going strong!

Awesome to see this game still going strong, STILL pulling in new players, AND even a new expansion on the horizon! Love the game and it stays on my phone. I go back to it regularly.
    Plus, I can’t get it out of my head that the successor will be a sci fi themed and similar kind of card game...I know it’s a loooong ways off, but I certainly am excited for it!

Not to mention...the card art is great =D

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    thanks Mike. your game is the best CCG on iOS with amazing support.

11. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    If I buy a new iPhone later this year, is there any way to transfer over progress without having to restore from a backup when setting up the new phone?

I always like to set them up as a new iPhone.

12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I haven't checked the thread for awhile, so it was a surprise to find out that another expansion is on the way. As others have said, best CCG on the AppStore hands down. Still play every day.

13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I've used a tool like iExplorer to access the files and save them.

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, Marc Whisnant is doing all the artwork for this expansion, and it all looks great...

Attached Files:

15. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #975 Grinner, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Lose your cards

I currently only play at extreme - cards level. I'd suggest that everyone play to lose cards regardless of whatever difficult level you use. Okay, maybe not at first if you want to see how the game works. But as soon as you feel you have a handle on it, change to cards. That's the only way to really feel the game.

FWIW I've now beaten the base game at extreme card level 6 times without cheating (I'd won a few times before with cheating). I've only beat the whole whole thing once. All colors are fun to play but I've found green and red a tad easier to get going with.

Obviously because of this I'm really looking forward to the next expansion.

Any news on the next game?

Thanks for all the time you've made me lose playing this.

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hey Grinner, glad to see you are still enjoying Lost Portal! I'm making good progress on this new expansion and am looking forward to getting it released. Some cool new cards in there. Still have some enemies and some dungeons to create, then a fair amount of play-testing and tweaking to do.

BTW - I just added some changes to the Forge I think folks will like - the ability to forge cards that you already own in your library, including avatar cards. This costs more than forging a card available in the forge normally, so you won't be able to go crazy with it. This will be a way to get some more of the right color duel aeon cards, for example.

Nothing to report, unfortunately! Once I get this expansion wrapped up, I'll get back to working on it.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm still hoping for cloud saves. I can't play this on my other devices and all the progress is wiped if you get a fresh phone or you lose your phone. With so much time put into my game and no backup for it and I'm always worried about it.

If you really don't want to do it, open up document sharing on the app so people can manually save the save files themselves and be able to export it when they want to.

18. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I will experiment with enabling file sharing. Looks easy enough.

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Getting closer with the Primeval Expansion. Here is a dungeon artwork (by Marc Whisnant). See a few more artworks on the Facebook page.

Vulcanis.png

20. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    How exactly do I do this?

I have wanted to get this game for a long time, it looks amazing and has great reviews but I am on the Apple upgrade programme and change my phone every year, I always do a clean install whenever I get a new phone (call it OCD) which will lose the progress and I wouldn’t want to start over again, especially if I buy some IAP as well to support the game.