Universal Lost Frontier (By Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 2, 2016.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #81 ste86uk, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Oo that's great to know I'll start saves with the other heroes now too so I can decide which I like best and want to continue with.

Also Battleheart yes please! I always wanted you to do more and I hope with the same theme and graphic style. Heroes Vs Monsters was a decent game similar to Battleheart but it was longer with more gameplay elements you should check it out if it's still going. I know it wouldn't exist without you though!

2. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Lol no. Its a joke. For some reason lately they've decided to rate games for what they're not and not for what they are. Mekrorama, a game made by one developer that features a level editor and unlimited user made levels on top of the ones provided and comes in at under 10 mb got a 6/10 for not being monument valley.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone finds the animation of the units swinging left and right extremely irritating.. Like the soldiers from China or north Korea

4. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Haha :) :) :) you made me laugh. No, I think it's ok. Mikamobile will read the comment and a wtf will appear above their head !

On the other hand, on warbits it's like more static.

5. HeyMrBassman

HeyMrBassman New Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Hey, I'm afraid I'm also having the same iCloud problem. I was level 4 with one Legend, level 2 with another. The only additional info I can add is I played the game originally on my iPad, and then pressed the Restore iCloud button on my iPhone. It initially seemed to have worked, as my phone now showed my progress.

But when I came back to my iPad a few hours later, my Legends were all level 1 again and I got the rotating arrow next to the iCloud Restore button. Went back to my phone to see progress wiped there too. I have loads of free physical and iCloud storage available.

Hope this extra info helps, Mika. I'm a big fan of your other titles and this one looks amazing too!

6. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I agree with others, Mika = instabuy. Battlehearts games are the best on ios.
    As for this, I'm new to the gameplay and I'm terrible at it. But I'm learning so it's fun.
    Quick question - do the bonuses from leveled legends persist always, or only when you are using that particular legend?

7. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Okay, I know what's up with the save data loss that has effected a couple people. Good news is you can avoid it easily until I can push out an update. It is a little embarrassing on my part though.

During beta we implemented a hidden "delete data" function for testing. This was activated by pressing the screen with at least 4 fingers on the main menu, and somehow slipped into our release build.

So, don't rest your splayed hand on the screen and you'll be okay. :) This will be removed ASAP.

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thx Mika for finding the solution. This makes totaly sense cause i close all apps with 4finger swipes. Now i can play this great game till the end.

9. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Big fan of Mika, insta-buy! Just downloaded, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl at the end of my super busy day.

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    That's awesome! It sounds great! I've been taking guitar lessons for about a year now, and hope I can play that well down the road. Im learning to flat pick, as well as finger style...and love it! I don't suppose you have tablature that you'd share?

11. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Vampires and Tanks!! I love it. Only played the first level so far but I plan on playing it all day when I get off work. Thanks again for working so hard. This game is why I love mobile gaming!

12. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Can't wait to see what's cooking regarding battleheart! I'm hoping its legacy2!!! Love that game! Actually, I loved all the mika games but legacy and LF is my favs!

13. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    A darn fine game so far - working through my second characters story mode - smooth and intuitive controls and plays/loads fast

14. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #94 JohnnyClash, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Mini Review, from a Noob to this Genre

Hello, I'm JohnnyClash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca2ioOapKsQ

I am writing this because I feel there a lot of casual players who may be intimidated by games like this. Personally, I am much to crazy to be intimidated. I do, however, have to remind myself that I am indeed new to this genre, and because of this, I need to be prepared for an ass kicking often times. And, 'ass kicking' does not automatically equate to a loss in this game.

So Far, I have completed 5 out of 24 chapters with one living legend. Three of those victories were only a one-star, BUT, even at that, I still am enjoying it, and learning the basics of the game and being introduced to new characters along the way. John McGraw, my Legend, is currently at level 8 of 40, he gains experience with each victory, and at each level up, he and his squad gain new talents and buffs.

That said, this game is much more approachable then Warbits, which was my first venture into this genre. Where Warbits feels like a chore or job, this feels fresh, exciting, and interesting. This is not to 'talk down' on Warbits, as I do still desire to master that game and experience all of the story missions within, but that will occur some time down the line after I have thoroughly dug through Lost Frontier.

In LF, each legend is very different from the next, and each has its own unique list of talents and perks that it gains with each level up all the way to LV 40. I currently have 5 legends available to play, and 4 more to open up along the way. I began with 3.

The Story mode consists of 24 chapters. Each Legend has its own Mode, so that is a LOT of chapters, leveling, and playtime for your value.

IF you would just prefer to become an instant bad ass you can do that too. Each legend has an option to insta-level to Max 40 for an iap of 1 dollar. Myself, I prefer to take it the slow and steady way because I feel that it is making me a better player along the road in that I have to use my troops effectively and that I am not instantly OP. The choice is yours though.. Who knows, later I may insta-level a legend or two once I get a full grasp of the game.

There is also a challenge map for each legend consisting of 20 challenges, and that is a whole other universe in my view.. It will be a while till I get there, but I am already looking forward to it.

This game has so much value, that it's insane.. Lot of bang for your buck here, and approachable too..

Oh and did I mention that the UI is snappy as hell, beautiful, elegant, and intiutively laid out. The Soundtrack is also charming and atmospheric, to say the least..

So, that's the short of it folks.. Vote with your dollar.. You will be the envy of your gamer buddies, and will be supporting the mobile indie game scene at the same time.

15. knowmad

knowmad Active Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Legend bonuses bugged?

I notice that my units all have 100 hp, even though my legend has health bonuses for himself and several unit types. Are legend bonuses bugged?

16. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Unit health is always shown as a total of "100", even if that value isn't the "real" number. That way damage can always be looked at as a consistent percentage. When your legend's health goes up, they take less damage from the same attacks (what would have been 25 damage now is 22, or something like that).

Why not just refer to this as damage reduction? Well, it effects healing too. A max level legend has +100% health, which means they essentially take half damage, but healing from your doctors is reduced proportionally too.

17. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    1.0.1 was just approved, so folks should be able to grab it in the next ~hour. If you're playing, I highly recommend grabbing this update asap to avoid potential data loss.

18. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #98 Tulki, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    So... this game is awesome. Potential GotY material. The legends put a really good spin on the Advance Wars formula, and the difficulty curve is much more balanced than similar games.

A couple points of feedback:
    - It would be nice to be able to inspect the effects of terrain by tapping on it. The campaign explains that roads cause you to take extra damage and cacti reduce it, but by how much? And is there a way to reference this during a battle?
    - Is there a way to totally reset all progress (local and cloud)? I'm just wondering since after I beat this, I could see myself picking it up again a year down the line and wanting to start over from scratch. Maybe a weird request. I noticed that despite the game having cloud support, it doesn't show up in the iCloud storage list (though cloud saves do work).

Question:
    - For legends that don't have a campaign, is the only way to level them up by playing challenge maps? It seems like it would be pretty tricky, since all enemy leaders are at max level in those and you're at level 1 putting you at a huge disadvantage. Maybe that's the point though.

19. mmohunt

mmohunt Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Engineer
    Berlin Friedenau
    Wild West Fantasy Tactics - I like it!

20. knowmad

knowmad Active Member

Aug 26, 2015
    #100 knowmad, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Ah, that explains why Doc seems tougher than any of my other units, even though his hp is the same. It would be neat if there were some way to see the bonuses (legend, snake oil, etc.) being applied to a unit. Also, was wondering if legend bonuses disappear if your legend dies?