Universal Lost Frontier (By Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Anyone see if it has cloud support?

2. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No retry button is kind of a big oversight.

Other than that, game is pretty good so far. Very slick and polished. I wish they went with a more Fire Emblem rather than AW route, but it's good for what it is.

3. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    It was created for this game by me, composer and producer at Gravity Music, where the music for all the MikaMobile games (so far) comes from.

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    There is.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    +1 - the music is great.....although I think I would have found it more authentic with some proper acoustic bluegrass finger pickin' - playing with an electric/electro-acoustic and plectrum doesn't feel quite right for the period/style of the game. Still, it does add great ambience and I'm only splitting hairs.

@MikaMobile - is there any chance you could add terrain descriptions by tapping on a square ie show what percentage cover/defence (or not) it provides? Great game though, as has been said before - there's a real Advance Wars vibe going on. I tried Warbits but it didn't click with me, this gelled instantly. Well done.

6. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Oh snap... I gotta get through some backlog games but then this'll come next. I like the blend of Advance Wars with persistent progression through leaders.

7. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Cool! Is that you actually playing the guitar?

8. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Yes, it is. I play all the instruments on this score.

9. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Insta buy, it's Mika!

10. mattohara

mattohara Member

May 9, 2015
    Would money help? :D
    I bougjt this because of those and like it a lot so far but will throw money at you for more Battlehearts. #

11. mattohara

mattohara Member

May 9, 2015
    get both Battlehearts games asap. #

12. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Literally how has this person been living

13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Its a great strategy game. I played only up to level 7 but it seems very good ballanced so far. Somehow it gives a nice feeling to retry a level. Even a hard defeat is not frustrating like it felt for me in Warbits. This is really nice work. Clapclap...

But because the save is not working i cant go on playing. On ipad air ios 8.2. the story mode is not saving any progress. I played one gaming session up to level 5 and the next day i had to start from beginning as if the game was a new installed one. I tried it again to level 7 and had a well trained hero cause i got 3 Stars in all the levels except one. I closed the game. After a few hours i came back to the game and all progress was lost. It starts from scratch. Anyone else having this problem?

14. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You're not switching legends are you? Each hero saves their own progress (and star rankings) individually. If that's not it, I'd be interested in any other details you can share. Our saving method is something that's been rigorously tested throughout the years (we're essentially using the same system we have been since our first app) and I can't say data loss has been a problem before.

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    First of all thanks to you Mika for being here.
    I checked the game again. All heroes in Storymode are back to level 1. I played with Wyatt up to lvl 7. Before closing the game i went back to the main menue. This happened now the second time. I never had any save issues with the battleheart games on the same ios version. In the options menue - is the never ending turning arrow next to icloud restore maybe the problem? The field icloud restore is greyed out.

16. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    How is the difficulty compared to Warbits? I found that game got too difficult after a certain point, so much so that I couldn't even progress anymore.

Hoping this isn't the same.

17. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The spinny arrow next to iCloud Restore would indicate that it isn't detecting an iCloud save, or is otherwise unable to connect to iCloud at the moment. I just tried installing the release version of the game on my phone, played a level, quit out, and my progress was kept when I opened the app again. I then uninstalled, signed out of iCloud (so I too would have no connection to it) reinstalled, played the first level, quit out, and it still worked properly.

I'm really perplexed by this issue you're having. So far I haven't heard any other reports, but its only been 24 hours and I'm on the lookout. Is it possible your iPad's extremely full? How much storage is open?

18. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Maybe you could add some IAP for music sets? So, more bluegrass style for instance. A way for us to give you more money :)

Bought this but out at the moment. Reviews on store and here later.

19. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    This gets a 3/10 for not being warbits, according to the geniuses at Pocket Gamer.

20. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Really?! I can't find that article on their site. Would you care to provide a link?