Universal Lost Frontier (By Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Please stop the idiotic arguing. Pointing out where to find an answer someone has already given is a perfectly acceptable response. It's even more efficient than simply repeating what someone has already said, and FAR better than starting an argument about it.

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #22 ashmike3, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    I'm getting challenged at story 5, in a good way. This could get tough. Went with the ranged leader.

Edit: Ok, beat it, just needed to be a little more aggressive.

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    but you have no call to get snippy with me, sir.

You are obviously a true Fargo fan... one of my fav quotes from that film.

4. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    #24 cameron331, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Tough so far, but really fun. The game really pushes you to use the units effectively.

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Oh my, that would be great, also a productivity killer lol

6. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I finally got the game! WOOT!

It was a (comparative) nightmare, though. First it didn't turn up when I expected. Then neither of wifey's credit cards would work so I had to buy an iTunes card. Finally, my wireless at work is slow as hell and at some points during the download it seemed like it had frozen.

Can't wait to dig in tonight!

Big Mika fan!

7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Can someone who is playing the rifleman dude, I think Wyatt, please tell me how to get the 3rd star on the damn second level lol. I want to get 3 stars before continuing on and I've done this damn level 6 times... I can't seem to get the 7 turns star. The last 2 guys don't move until you are in the bushes and that wastes a whole turn getting there.

Thanks in advance

8. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    I wasn't able to do it in 7 turns with the rifleman either. I went back and chose the pistol guy and was able to do it. Maybe they want us to try different heroes as we go?

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I used the medic and I did it. Counter attacks are the key at the end.

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So it seems the rifleman one is a booger ): oh well maybe I'll go back after I've leveled him up more and try it once he's stronger

11. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I was wondering where this theme might go, but add vampires and tanks and I can't resist another quality Mika game any longer! (Smashes 'Buy' button)...

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I'm really happy to see the IAP as a great avenue to support Mika. They produce premium games that are incredibly polished with a price point that is too low, IMO.

Great work Mika!

Show your support (if you can afford to) and pick up an IAP or better yet, but a copy of the game for a friend. Support premium devs!

13. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Great work!!! A little bit too hard to me, really tough to get 3 stars from only first 5 levels

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm not one to normally do an "impulse" buy but I've been following this game and enjoyed Mika as a decekoper. How does this compare to Warbits?

15. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    wow - this, Sky Force, Human Resource Machine and, dare I say it, Steppy Pants with Imbroglio still going strong for me from last week/week before puts all my iOS games going to pot thoughts to bed. What a week. All these are absolute belters. I'm hoping this is easier than Warbits, mind, as it turns out I'm not half as strategic as used to be.

16. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Great game!

Three observations for the developers that you could consider to fix.

1. When ALL of your units have been played and you cannot do any other actions, it could automatically to have a pop up action left of the top corner right letter, e.g. a small notice to end the turn with one touch so that you don't have every time to touch the letter and then the end the turn. To be in-game instantly.

2. When you are goind to attack an enemy, it would be useful to see together with the damage, the health of this unit as well. I know that you can see its health before but when you have multiple enemies, it's frustrating to touch on an enemy to see the health remaining, then touch anywhere in the field, then touch on the enemy to see its health and touch again to see the damage and calculate if the enemy will probably die. The best is to have all the information at once like for example in Fire Emblem where you all the information BEFORE the battle.

3. When a unit has already played, when you touch it again to examine where he attacks / moves, nothing happened :( I believe that despite the fact that it has made a move, it should be able again to only see its actions.

Overall, it's fantastic!

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Which legend are you all using? Couldn't decide between the long range and doc but went with doc to see how that goes.

Pretty hard getting 3 stars on everything, the levels so far would be easy to beat if it weren't for me trying to get that at the same time.

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    How is this compared to Warbits which has online multiplayer?

Though I'm going to get this anyway as I'm a big Mika fan. And as long as Mika is here on this thread, are we ever going to see a sequel to Battleheart and/or Battleheart Legacy? Would love for that to happen, especially with the latter!

19. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Any chance of a gameplay video please?

20. Yukari

Yukari Member

May 26, 2011
    Stoked to see Mika back to 2D, great game.