Lost Finale next week.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, May 9, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Oh man, I hadn't even considered the smoke monster being the black shirted dude and evil Locke. Interesting theory... Do you guys think the next season will start with them back on the plane? Or will the bomb going off just warp them somewhere else in time?

2. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm 99% sure they CAN'T be on the plane landing in LAX for 2 reasons

1. Crappy television
    2. Because of the fact that when Jacob was murdered 30 years in the future. that was after the bomb was detonated because that's what was "supposed" to happen for the events in the future to take place. Jacob also said "they're coming", which I think means the 1977 folks are returning.

I have a feeling the white flash was just a time-switcher like in previous episodes, but I don't know how the writers are gonna explain this. :p

3. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Oooooo...

Thanks for translating that. So the question was actually about Jacob. Hmmm... I wonder if Jacob really died (I know he burnt and all), but what is this thing about Richard (why does he not age). I have a good feeling that the season premiere will be more flashbacks about Jacob and his nemesis.

The writers really have a way of making the show freshly exciting with each season. I wonder if someone actually tried to rewatch all the episodes of lost from day one. I want to ask if its true what some people say (that the writers just make something up along the way) or does everything actually flow and make sense well. lol...

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

OK well then is Jacob really dead? And if the white flash is just another time switcheroo does that mean Sayid is going to die and Juliet is going to be paralyzed (or badly messed up)? Also, I'm not so sure that the black shirted guy (henceforth known as Evil Locke) is stuck on the island. If Evil Locke can change forms, and has taken the form of Christian (Jack's father), he also has left the island.

5. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    One last thing I'm guessing

When asked the question by Ilana "What lies in the shadow of the statue", Richard's reply in Latin was "That which will save us". (or something to that effect)

It just so happened at that time that Locke's body was "lying" in the shadow of the statue at the time he was pushed out of the box.

Does that mean Locke will end up saving everybody? I dunno :D

6. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    Pretty sure evil locke is just a "manifestation" of the smoke monster. Walt may have been the same thing, but we'll learn more about that in next seasons. And yeah, smokey can change forms.

And Jacob is dead, but in a way, he can live on as another "form", because his nemesis could, and they seem to be equal.

I think Richard may also have similar powers to Jacob and Black-shirt but IDK.

All speculation at this point :rolleyes:

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Oh also the reason I don't really think Jacob is dead is because you don't go from just teleporting around the world mysteriously bringing people back to life (with his magic touch on Locke) and performing Jedi mind tricks to just being stabbed with a knife.

Of course, it is Lost, so anything goes... But I kind of think that Jacob and Evil Locke are just spirits on the island who can take many forms, and this whole "death" could just be theatrics to further manipulate the people on the island.

8. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    the question is

did he know it was coming? probably.

i'm wondering if jacob has the ability to travel through the past and present... or if he can see the "alternate paths" or consequences of what happens.

I'm curious to know how he knew when the 1977 bomb would go off.

At this point it seems like Jacob is good, Ben is evil and Locke is evil too. IDK about Widmore... kinda irrelevant now if you ask me xD

9. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #29 1337brian, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
    Look up a book called "Bad Twin" By Gary Troup... It's from season 1's ARG, goes to show the writers have had this planned for a long time running. I like the theory about smokey being controlled by blackshirt. But I don't see him "possesing" Locke the entire show running, no way. He's only had control since he turned the donkey wheel it seems, or when dead Locke came back to the island. The candidate thing is saying whether he is chosen to live on the island with the gods... That's why in the beginning blackshirt says to Jacob when the Blackrock shows up "Still trying to prove me wrong". Meaning Jacob wants to believe humans can live in harmony on the island but over time it's the same thing over and over. I don't see why blackshirt is mad enough to want to kill Jacob over it though, you'd think if you had eternal life a couple of mortals having a shootout at the O.K corral would spice things up every couple of hundred years....

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

What I really want to know is if the bomb puts everyone back on the plane, what in the world would happen to Desmond? He just continues sailing in his competition? I really like the idea of just resetting everything with the bomb, but I don't know how it can make sense at this point in the series. If this were the season finale of the final season can you even imagine what a kick in the pants it would be for the bomb to go off, cut to commercial, everyone landing at LAX...

LOST

11. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    one thing i'm wondering

perhaps

what we'll see

is what happens if there was no "incident"

what if the incident was what happened if the bomb DIDN'T go off?

i dunno

the options for next season's premier are endless

i hope they aren't on the plane landing in LAX
    that means none of the characters would have died

plus how would they show walt from season 1? he's so much older now :p

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    If we are really talking about gods here then really they can do whatever they want, to an extent it seems like there are deffinate rules to some things. Kind of interesting that Jacob physically touched all the losties in their pasts. Makes it seem like they are chosen to do something. Alsoi think Rose and Bernard are the Adam and Eve skeletons from season one. The black and white stones.... Yep.

13. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    yeah the adam and eve thing is fully them

i don't get the black/white stones yet though (kinda racist :D)

and i think jacob touching them was him "judging" them to see that they couldn't become smokey's loophole.

(see my earlier post)

just guessing :rolleyes:

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Well, as far as Walt is concerned they could just have him standing next to Michael and either only show them from far away or from behind. They do the same thing with stunt doubles all the time. You never notice they're completely different people until you watch the DVD commentary where they are interviewed and it blows your mind how you didn't notice them.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I really don't see how they could NOT do a time warp kind of thing where both Sayid and Juliette are fine. They're both such integral characters with so many fans, I really really don't see them dying off.

But, who knows!

16. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    to be honest

the fact that they showed her down in the pitt still alive and trying to save everybody

she can't die now. it would be fully pointless to show that scene otherwise.

i've had a bad feeling about sayid though :rolleyes:

also if she fell down into the hole of "exotic matter" how did she land on it like a floor lol

17. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    i think she signed up to film another show now... so she's probably dead or at least not gonna last long in the next season....

to be honest i would have much prefered the bomb to have just gone off... no point in showing her at the bottom of the pit dying if she's just gonna detonate the bomb anyways and die :confused:

18. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    How is it racist? One is white and one is black. It's not like they put a watermelon and a bucket of chicken next to the black stone.

Juliette is annoying and Sayid is a twitchy killer. Ready to kill them off like Micheal.

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009