Lost Finale next week.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, May 9, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Are you pumped?

2. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    LMAO
    "master of faces" :D

i am actually ridiculously excited for this

i have a feeling we will find out at least a few of these

a) who "adam and eve" are from season 1 (presumably whoever doesn't flash back to the future with the losties) ... my bet is sawyer and juliet :rolleyes:
    b) jacob and his shtick (the writers said we've seen him before... i bet he's a blackrock survivor)
    c) if they make it back to the future for real?
    d) what the "incident" was

i have a feeling that either miles or juliet (or both) will die... they always kill somebody major before the very end of each season

what i'm really looking forward to is the cliffhanger they'll come up with for next season... maybe dr. chang is still alive? :rolleyes:

SOO PUMPED :eek:

3. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I am so pumped and have a feeling the smoke monster might make a special appearance too! I am also hoping for "jacob" to unlease his godly island powers on them for doubting him and have some stunning 3d SFX to match. I don't think it is as hyped as other LOST finales (namely all of them so far) but I think it will be one of the best yet, plus when have Damon and Carlton let us down before?

The tattoo episode with jack, that is the only time, and some parts of the season 3 beginning 6 episodes were questionable too.

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Wow, love that poster, LMAO....
    I'm soooo stoked! I think that Jacob doesn't exist.... Who knows anymore, after the scene where locke brings richard to himself in the jungle just made me sit back and say "OK! No more guessing" I'm just waiting until the series ends, I have never been right except on a few things, that were overtly obvious anyways... Also I'm pretty sure the Adam and eve skeletons are Rose and bernard, it has to be, if not, where the F@!# did they go then???

5. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    i dun think they'll write them off like that

we'll at least need a few more scenes with them... they're not just gonna make 2 characters that have been on the show since season 1 "disappear" and say OH well that's what happened

i am REALLY looking forward to claire's story

6. ihillbilly

ihillbilly Member

May 9, 2009
    Can't wait for it.

7. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I think they will show Karen and Gerald Degroot next week in the finale, everyones been waiting to see then and what perfect timing other than when they are in the past. I dont think they are going to kill juliet, because they need more semi-hot chicks to look at in the show, so i think miles is out, thats why they showed a whole episode on him....

As always:
    4 8 15 16 23 42

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

9. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
  10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

You know the craziest thing about that app? It has online leaderboards. The #1 guy went for a week.

11. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    #11 brendons, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
    reminds me of the episode of the simpsons when homer gets really fat and works from home

and instead of pressing the button on the computer he has this bird with water that just bounce over and over and hit the key for him xD

12. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Great picture of Ben in the poster! I'm lovin how he's been the main 'wtf?' character for the past few weeks :)

13. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What lies in the shadow of the statue?

What did one snowman say to the other snowman?

I think the answers to these two questions are one and the same.

I also think the island really is "death" as one character put it, or, to put it simply:

the underworld, "otherworld", etc.

The statue is a clue, as is the "smoke monster" judging people (Mr. Eko, Ben).

The show has been mixing science fiction with spirituality since the very beginning, and I think the "otherworld" as an "extra dimension of space/time" is where it is all leading.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  15. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

That episode was amazing, think the best finale yet. Except for the end. The writers are pure evil for leaving it with a cliffhanger like that.

Season 1 - Hatch
    Season 2 - Captured
    Season 3 - Might Get Saved
    Season 4 - Get back to the real world
    Season 5 - Everyone might be dead or alive

Its too much for season 5! I understand if they left it at something like the bomb totally not working and they had to make a new one or some thing, btw thats a terrible idea it was just an example, But they shouldnt have left it at Everyone exploding, thats like a big F U sorta. Now I finally found "too big of a cliffhanger" I think I'd understand if that was the cliffhanger for a midseason break or like if LOST came back in the fall, but no now we wait till Q1 of next year, not really fare.

I still think it was the greatest season finale yet!

16. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I think maybe they just wanna see what the fans think of the finale, what their expectations are and write the next season based on that. In any case, yeah... Its the best season finale yet lol

17. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Just wanted to add my opinion, BEST FINALE YET! I think Miles said it best when he says "Have you guys ever stopped to think that WE MAY CAUSE this incident?" Going back to my favorite saying WHH (Whatever happens, happens) Other then this blackshirt guy finding some loophole I think that the saying still holds true. Proven point that everything that has happened so far is supposed to, or else Pierre Chang wouldn't have lost an arm last night and still be able to make those Dharma videos...

Also for anyone still wondering "What lies in the shadow of the statue"?

The awnser Ricardus gave is...
    "He who will protect/save us all"....

I stopped guessing as much as possible on what's going on because in the 100 some odd episodes I have only been right on a few occasions, I'm just going to wait and see what happens next year!... Also I'm glad we finally hear from Rose bernard and vincent! :D I was worried about them!

18. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Great finale, one of the best episode in the whole series.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I don't know if I'd go that far.

20. brendons

Mar 12, 2009
    I'd say

The smoke monster is the Black-shirted guy from the first scene. He's Jacob's "nemesis".

He also said he'd try to find a loophole to kill Jacob.

I think Jacob visited the Losties off the island to determine if they were really "evil" or not, as they could become the "loophole" for smokey / black-shirt.

The reason a loophole was needed was that Jacob could leave the island and look for people to prevent them from becoming one, while Smokey was bound to the island and had to wait for a potential loophole to show up (which couldn't happen as Jacob was always there first)

Smokey runs around on the island looking for "candidates" and "judges them". When it ran into Locke in season one (he said he saw something "beautiful") he took over his body, and ever since he's really been black-shirt in disguise.

The loophole was that blackshirt finally found somebody to corrupt and was also the leader at the time, so he was able to gain an audience with Jacob.

Just my opinion :D

PS - I think that when Ilana said Lapidus could be a potential "candidate" she meant somebody who Jacob could "take over" when he got killed, similar to Locke for the Black-shirt guy.