Universal Lost Echo - (by KickBack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 26, 2013.

1. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I'm stuck. Nice looking and sounding game. I've got some items and been to the bar but insure what to do next? Do I need to get into the shop? How?

2. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    We have a walkthrough on our site : http://www.kickback-studios.com/blog.html

If you want just hints you need to tell us a bit more. You do need to open the shop eventually, and its owner is in the bar.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Opening the ice cream shop was easy... It was figuring out the rigged poker game that got me quite a while to figure out. :)

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There was only one spot that the tap to move got a little tricky. It was at the back of the bar, where you play the card game. When going to that mini bar with the guy in sunglasses, there's only a small spot to tap to move since the card player guy is in the way.

Everywhere else though, the tap to move is perfect.

As for an extra gameplay update, yeah, it'd be great to have some sort of mini epilogue episode that shines more on the ending story.

Thanks for a great game guys, really enjoyed this one. :)

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly Adam Jensen in the book store never says that he "never asked for this".

Please fix!

(unless of course I remembered that part wrong)

6. Thanks for the consideration, or maybe try to add apple joystick support?

7. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    This is a lovely looking game. I don't normally play p&c games and nearly passed this by but then I wear he the video and bought it and haven't regretted it yet. I've been playing games for 30+ yrs so it takes something special to catch my eye like this did.

8. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Fixed! (I'm being serious).

We're submitting an update today, mostly bug fixes. If there aren't any outstanding issues left, we'll start doing more general improvements and we'll also start working on adding one small episode (for free). No concrete plans for now, but Apple featured us today (wooh!), so it seems the sales will be good enough to be able to continue development!

We also discussed Apple joystick support and... we'll probably do it! But it'll take a while.

9. Thanks for listening to our feedback and being such cool developers. Look forward to the future updates.

10. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Do you plan to add subtitles in other languages ? The game looks fantastic, but as the story seems important, I would prefer to play in French.

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #51 tblrsa, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Adventures Games have pretty much been the first games I´ve ever played on a Computer, so of course I had to take a look at your game.

I love the clean cut graphics and style, which remind me about another good adventure game named "Culpa Innata". Also the music is very nice and fits the genre perfectly.

I just had myself a quick burst playing this before my work starts today, but I will for sure give it more time in the evening. I honestly can´t wait, because the story seems to be very intriguing and done really well. :)

Might even consider to review it on my blog in the next days, because this deserves every little spotlight it can get.

Good Luck with the game!

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're listening to our feedback, but I wasn't really asking for this. (hah, see what I did there?)

Not that it really matters...

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I was really hesitant at first to buy the game when I read Pocket Gamer's harsh review but I'm glad I listened to EP and Metalcasket. It's a well made, interesting adventure that is also perfect as a mobile experience. The story is intriguing and the engine is quite impressive (despite some janky animations sometimes). I love the music as well and I can't wait to play some more!

14. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I'm a little over half way through, and this is a really cool little adventure game so far. It does have some minor flaws, but it gets the important things right.. the story is interesting, there is very little fluff, and most puzzles are logical and fun to try to work out.

Hope the sales go well enough for you to keep making this kind of game

15. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I want to say yes, but there are a couple of things we need to do first.

1) Go through all the text in the game again and do a final edit, for example I have already fixed a couple of silly typos that I mistakenly left in (ugh) and possibly rephrase a few things I'm not happy with.

2) Talk with translators. We have a few friends (or friends of friends) that can help us with a few languages (French included), but we still don't have enough go-to translators for all the languages we want to include.

3) This is the worst part: Decide if it's worth it. Which sucks, because we *want* to do it, but our game has a lot of text and translating it is going to cost a lot. Sales are good at the moment so we'll probably be able to do it, I just can't say anything "official" yet.

16. killercow

I loved everything about the game except the ending. I thought it felt flat especially since I was expecting some kind of resolution. Instead it gave the impression that the devs wanted to continue the story but couldn't due to time or bugdet constrains. I was really disappointed because halfway through
    when you get the time machine device
    I almost expected a "to be continued" screen like you see in so many iOS games that are meant to be completed through future updates (and most of them never do). So when I saw that I could still continue forward I expected a true, satisfactory ending.

Anyways, apart from that, the rest of the game offered some good puzzles and the atmosphere and art style reminded me (a bit) of fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. At the current price I would still recommend it!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I believe the devs mentioned a free small episode that would give some closure to the story. So far though, as far as story is concerned, this is still better than the majority of games on iOS.

18. killercow

I agree but this is why it was even more infuriating! Looking forward to that update/dlc.

19. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #59 tblrsa, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Hah, yes, I had the exact same experience. I was like: "Wow, so the game does not end here.", and ended up expecting a bit more only to get disappointed by the rushed ending.

I hope the content update sees the light of day. The idea with the diary is interesting, but should affect the gameplay more. It only affects it in one scene, as far as I remember.

Wrote up a short review:

http://www.app-echo.at/2013/10/12/verloren-in-der-zeit-lost-echo-review/

Hope to see more from you guys!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    When i got to the
    time travel revelation
    i really thought they would make use of
    the diary more similarly to how the movie Memento made some crazy plot twists

Hey this got an update recently by the way, which updates a bug i never experienced.

Cant wait to replay this game from scratch when the epilogue episode gets released.