Universal Lost Echo - (by KickBack)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    how to save game,how to exit to mein menu?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... any more specific impressions on the game?

3. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    Game is awesome,easy controls,and great story:D

Sorry i must find Chloe now:eek:

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

double tap the inventory icon in the top right to get to the pause menu (lets you manual save and go back to the main menu)

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    4.5/5 review from 148apps!

6. This game has a cool intro video!

7. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    #27 ip4weather, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    any walkthrough?

how to open the shop?

8. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ip4weather, check your PMs ;)

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I picked this up last night and I'm really enjoying it, to be honest. I came across these reviews and they pushed me over the edge:

http://www.godisageek.com/2013/09/lost-echo-review/

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/lost-echo/review

Yes, the game isn't perfect...but it gets a ton of stuff right. Also, the game world is gorgeous and immersive. That "environments are bland" comment in the Pocketgamer review is bullshit. I have absolutely no doubt I'm gonna see this one through. Really impressive for an indie studio. :)

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    awesome... Been waiting for a review like this. Havent left the house the whole weekend so i guess i can spare a few bucks on this. o_O

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Glad i jumped in on this.

Pretty impressive game overall. Sure it has flaws like some animations are a bit stiff, but the meat of the gameplay is in the puzzles involved and they are pretty well done.

As far as story goes, i am very much drawn into the mystery involved (holding back any possible spoilers).

Controls are spot on, but i some how wish instead of tap to move, there's a floating vstick instead... But hey, the controls work as intended.

Why that other review site gave this a horrible rating i wouldnt know, but in my mind they are dead wrong. This is a pretty well tailored mystery with a modern flavor, and im enjoying it a lot.

12. ooooh

ooooh Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    UK
    I'm loving the story to this! Puzzles are pretty hard to be honest and looking at my progression this game has some good meat to it! I like it a lot

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am quite impressed with this one. Anyone found their way to chapter 3 yet? The story that preceded chapter 3 was very revealing, but was pretty surprising, which gives a lot of sense to the story which is pretty cool so far. Really diggin this one. Never felt like this for an adventure game since "Yesterday."

14. It would be nice if this game had virtual joypad support.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You playing it?

16. Yeah, touch is cool, but would be cool to control via virtual joystick, but it's not made that way, so probably not going to happen, but thought i would ask.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... i did mention the vstick in a previous post above too. Woulda been a good addition as an option, but it's not really necessary.

The story was good enough to keep my hands on the game. This is now a favorite adventure game since Yesterday. And i love the modern/futuristic approach in this one, and how that plays into the story. :)

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just finished the game. Like my previous imps, this is a great adventure game.

The ending was still a little confusing and open to a lot of conclusions, just like what most sci-fi are. Anyone into sci-fi mysteries, this a great pickup, the story is pretty good, and the puzzles arent too easy or too difficult.

19. Wow, you finished already? You are a stud! :)

20. KickBack

KickBack Member

Jul 25, 2013
    We are really glad that you enjoyed the game :)

We want to add a bit more to the game in the future, like an additional half-hour chapter, (emphasis on want, we're not sure if we'll do it yet), that will explain the ending a bit better. Hopefully we'll be able to do it!

About the virtual joystick support, we'll consider it. Although, it's not going to be easy. We built it with point and click in mind from the start, so it'll be a lot of work to add a completely new control method and have it work properly.