Losing my saved games from my ipod touch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brighteyes74, Mar 7, 2009.

1. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Hi i wanted to delete some apps from my ipod touch but wanted to keep them on itunes with the saved data, do i backup my ipod touch in itunes and it saves my apps and saved app info there
    This does not sound right
    how do i do it
    I want my apps to save data so i take them off ipod then put them back and saved data still there
    help please

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Delete app from ipotch/iphone = delete saved game data

That´s final

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

While it is possible to do this, it is very difficult, very confusing, and has potential for disaster. And to get it back, you would have to restore your device, and change appropriate settings before you restore. Just don't do it.

4. brighteyes74

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    So i have this great bit of tech but i cant save games wow
    It would be ok if i had unlimited pages but we only have nine
    apple sort it
    i need to save apps before they go back to itunes so i dont have to start again when i sync back

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

If you don't care, and have some time, I can explain how you can make a master backup with all your game saves, but to restore you have to be careful, and if you don't want a game in there, you have to remove it and all the related files. It is nice if you have beaten a game, but don't want to lose the data, but otherwise, it's too much trouble. I can walk you through it on IM, if you still want to do it.

6. brighteyes74

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    No u dont need to walk me through it
    ill cope somehow, its just games like puzzle quest, will the 3rd 1 require u to complete the 1st two