Universal Lords of Waterdeep - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Honestly can't say I'm a fan of the now mandatory (?) landcscape mode for iPhone 6+. Cards zoom in and out slow at times, and the amount of zoom on the card is not ideal. I simply don't get why some games have the tap card to zoom feature only to zoom in on them not very far at all. Don't get me wrong, it's legible, but it's getting towards that borderline of almost too small to read text, ie uncomfortable.

Frustrating to be given a necessary update (64 bit) that forces the game to display in a way that's just not desirable.

Anyway, luckily for the time being my 6+ is JB'd so it's back to the old version I go. Will have to deal with this update at some point in the future no doubt. Hopefully by then playdek sees my point about why would you implement zoom at all if it's going to be so lacklustre.

2. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Mi IAP's restored no problem. Much happier with landscape as I only ever played on the iPad. Great game, more please##

3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I restored the other week in summoner wars and it worked fine, sorry to hear not working for you, but it's not universal. I also restored LoW IAP yet west with no issues :)

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Agree: ready for a game or two.

5. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    This! The UI is much improved on iPad Mini for me. Less scrolling and less clicks of the map is needed most of the time, though the buildings are scrollable on the right side. Impressive how they got every information on screen.
    I'm totally happy with the landscape UI.

6. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Just tried the new version, and ugh. Why did they change the UI/UX so drastically? It’s now a chore to play and an eye strain on iPad and iPhone. Deleting. :(

7. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    #287 DTK, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    -50% Sale

Half Price Sale! #

I was also confused and shocked at the beginning. But if you look closely everything is very good. Of course, if you know the old interface, it's a big change. That's completely normal! The board can now be experienced in 3D (with 2 fingers wishes). If you look at it from another point of view, we can be happy!
    A new 64-bit upgrade, adaptation of the graphics to 64-bit, complete revision, I would not know now, if there was something like this, in a multi-year old app? I am glad that Lords of Waterdeep is still in the Appstore, happy that the devs are still working on it, so I like to get used to the new interface. Give the changes a chance. After a short settling-in period you have become accustomed to it and you start to notice the benefits.#

Here in Germany a huge number of apps and games have disappeared from the Appstore. Even 64-bit apps were not spared. The strange thing is, 99% games and 80% of all apps are still available in the US Appstore, including the 32-bit apps and games. I would like to know why this is handled by Apple !?
    I thought the 32-bit App Apocalypse hits all Appstore in the same way !?

I digress, Waterdeep is still an absolute highlight in the boardgame sector.
    Who likes such games, should absolutely access!

8. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    The app has been removed from the store and for some people it doesn't recognize their in-app purchases anymore. Anybody know what the deal is?

9. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It’s not available in the german App Store either. I hope it will make a come back (not the Titan quest way!).

10. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    The app seems to be back now, the shop in Summoner wars is still down, maybe some maintenance.

11. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    The app it‘s back in the Appstore. ;)

12. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Please update Lords of Waterdeep to support the new 2018 iPad screen sizes with rounded edges.