Universal Lords of Waterdeep - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #261 eugenemcardle, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Don't all updates have to be 64bit compatible these days?

Edit:. Misread the date on previous posts. Doh!

2. XdareckiX

XdareckiX Member

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm thinking about buying this one, what about compatibility issue you're referring to?

Also how many players play online?

3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    32 bit apps not being compatible with iOS 11... apparently played are updating this one though.

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Where did you see that they were? I’ve looked and can’t find anything showing that they’re going to.

5. XdareckiX

XdareckiX Member

Oct 21, 2015
    But current iOS version is 10.3.2

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Bottom story at this link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/66122/app-news-interview-asmodee-race-galaxy-coming-pc-s

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
  8. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    It is, that’s still the compatibility issue being discussed :)

9. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    I love this game, but it's only 32 bit! I hope a 64 bit update coming soon.

10. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    They stated, some time ago, that they intended to update this game to 64-bit. I expect it to get an update before iOS 11 launches.

11. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    It was supposed to drop last week, also getting some UI updates and cross platform release :) More info at BGG

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The update was scheduled for August 23rd. I've been checking the AppStore with some regularity just for it. Not sure why it has been pushed back, but hope it is released soon, because I'm jonesing for it

13. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    #273 skoptic, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
  15. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    If you have bought it before, it asks you only to update. You don't have to download another version or buy anything. I have played it in iPhone 6 and I believe after a while when you get used to the new UI, it's better than before because you don't have to scroll so often as previously. It has ONLY landscape mode and not portrait anymore. In landscape mode, you have more or less all the info that you need. I think it has some bugs regarding the animation speed. Despite the fact that it has a bar where you adjust the speed, some elements, some animations ignore it. Also, I like that you don't have to double click on the cards - only one click. You can disable the pseudo 3D map parallax but it's not too useful btw.

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Super stoked about the update and saving of Waterdeep from the Appocalypse, though I also lament the loss of the portrait orientation as an option. Started playing this again on my iPad for the first time in over a year with the news of the update. Still a lot of fun and challenging gameplay! So, thanks for that #

On another note, this page ( http://statelyplay.com/2017/09/01/the-new-lords-of-waterdeep-ready-for-action-today/ ) on Statelyplay.com says that Playdeck is dropping the price of the app as well as iap, but says that the iap are both $3. As I understand it $2.99 has been the regular price for both expansions and they have a few times been on sale for $.99 each. I had thought I purchased them both last time they were on sale, but now I cannot restore them. Does anyone else remember the regular price of the expansion IAP? If I cannot find my receipt email with the iap purchase I'll just buy them again, but it would be great to catch them on sale if they are just about to drop in price.

17. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    I think the IAP were £2.99 normally, just checked my receipts folder but got them on sale at £0.79

Love the update, bit of a shame to lose a portrait option, but I'm happier with landscape so I can use it easier on iPad (only used it on phone before).

There are some nice new touches, improved summary page and better scoring page. New platforms should bring more players, basically some more Playdek awesomeness. I wish Playdek would make all board game conversions :)

18. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #278 Gurney Halleck, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    The conversion really is impressive, and I hope you're right about more to come due to the expanded platforms! They truly capture the feeling of playing a board game while simultaneously harnessing the immersion of interactive media.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It looks so nice...and for the very first time, chat is enabled! I hope Ascension will get similar love.

20. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Ooooh I didn't see smacktalk yet :)