Universal Lords of Waterdeep - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wasn't paying close attention but I think it counts for a 10. So a half moon and 4 normal tokens means it costs or you get 14.

2. JasonHPickering

JasonHPickering Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Indie Developer
    US
    Oh i figured I needed to actually get it as a resource. It was on some crazy 40 point quest so it required a lot I figured.

3. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    The Half Moon is 5 gold.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I finally downloaded this and I really like it. It didn't take me as long to learn as I thought. I just have one question right now: Is there a way to save your AI game?

5. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    #225 CrayonWarrior, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Account creation

Anyone have a problem creating a playdek account thru LOW? When i hit the link to verify in the email they send, it says ive gone to the wrong site

Edit: i emailed support and they solved the problem.

6. abazigal

abazigal Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Initially, I took a look at the new cards, and thought them to be horrendously overpowered, but after some gameplay, actually found them to be pretty balanced.

Basically, they are balanced by their high costs. I quite like the warfare card which gives you a resource back whenever you play a quest, but am still trying to figure out whether it is worth the cost. I played it as Khelben, and was able to spam a number of cheap resource-generating cards, together with that warfare card which lets you recall up to 3 players. Likely extremely lucky too, and I doubt I will be able to replicate this scenario anytime soon.

One card does strike my notice though - the intrigue card that lets you draw 4 intrigue cards and play them instantly.

All in all, the expansion does shake things up nicely. Worth the 3 bucks. :)

7. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yes I thought that too. If you are lucky enough to have a chain of complimentary intrigue in hand that alone can swing the game in 1 move. It's pretty high end play tho, requires you to know how to use it, so actually adds to the strategy so I think it's fine. Not sure how many there are in the 'deck' so maybe it won't come about every game. Only seen AI use it once so far.

I do like that new expansion tho, gives a lot more options to play a move the way you want when the options started running out without it (like for your last agent of a turn) but I wouldn't say overpowered.

8. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    You don't need to save it just close the app and when you restart the game it will be in your off line games section.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does the IAP expansion make Lords of Waterdeep easier or harder to win against the AI?

10. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
  11. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    The new cards have made it easier for me.

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Many players in the Multiplayer?

13. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    How do u know what special thing a character has without having to go into a game?

14. badwisdom

badwisdom Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but why does the AI have nearly systematically extra turns at the end of the round ? They usually play 1 or 2 more times than me. This is driving me crazy.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Did the AI play their meeples at the Harbour? Meeples at the harbour turn into extra moves at the end of the turn, if I remember correctly.

iPadOnlyPlayedTheOriginalLordsOfTheWaterdeep...

16. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Play the tutorial again dude. When anyone plays intrigue cards at the harbour the persona who played there get to reassign their meeple at the end of the turn. The AI might be good, but it doesn't cheat having more turns than you.

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Well, no one answered my Q so I guess I'm mistaken but I thought the character you choose affects what special abilty (s)he has or is that something diff. ?

18. badwisdom

badwisdom Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Wow, can't believe I've been playing all this time and i didnt get this part of the game. Thanks a lot

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You can check the abilities of the Waterdeep Lords from the Card Gallery in the Settings menu.

However, since Lords are assigned randomly upon match start, this knowledge will not have much practical use.

(The factions that you choose before the match starts are not tied to the Lords, and are strictly for the purposes of designating and separating players, and possibly for immersion and lore.)

20. gambit

gambit New Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I have started Lords of Waterdeep two weeks ago and only played against IA. I am starting to play online and I would like to know who would be interested to add me as a friend.

My account is hasturbeneton. :)