Universal Lophis Roguelike (by Dreamsky LTD.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Mar 20, 2019.

1. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Unlucky. I got to third boss before he was just far too strong. Might need better cards to beat him.

2. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    It’s actually pretty damn good!

IAP are not necessary to enjoy the game.
    Bought the plague doctor pack at .99 to show support. Will probably get the Assassin at 4’99 if the devs update the apps and includes more content.

A must try for any fans of the genre, really.

stubbieoz likes this.
  3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #23 Ijipop, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Only concern so far is that there is no cloud save nor « restore purchase » button...

Wich let me think that if I esrase the game I may loose the 2 characters available via IAP.

Anyone knows something about this?

Edit : I tried on another of my phone and there is no way to restore character that are only available through IAP. That’s a bit of a let down. I often erase games to make space and then after a while I re-download games to give them a second spin.
    Still a great game though.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Anyone been able to beat the Damn green Dragon on the 3rd stage yet...that guy just overheals everything. I wish there was something to stop healing...there might be I just haven’t found it yet. That dragon is legit though as a 3rd boss. He heals like 60+ life every 2 turns so I can’t even scrape him

5. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    The game is indeed fun and quite complex. However, there are a lot of unbalanced parts.
    First, you earn too much gold and most of the time I don't know what to do with it.
    Second, the upgrades of some cards is ridiculous and I don't really see the point. An example with the plague doctor card: 1star=8Dmg+1/Poison, 2stars=8Dmg+2/Poison, 3stars=10Dmg+2/Poison. I don't really see the point of the 3rd upgrade. I don't really like the fact that you can't check what your card will become after the upgrade.
    Third, the bosses scaling is way too unfair. The first one is really easy, the second one is manageable but the third one is alway impossible. Sometimes because they deal too much damage and have too much Health so you don't have enough time to kill them. Sometimes they damage you HP directly making Shields useless. And sometimes they simply regenerate too much and it is impossible to kill them because they will deal more and more damage each turn.

I also agree that luck is often a big part of such games but some bosses are definitely here just to mess with a particular hero. The Crow has a resistance to Poison so the Plague doctor using Poison is crap. The Warrior's Shield is nothing against the Vampire because his attacks ignore defense, etc. So if you happen to meet these bosses early on, it's manageable but as a 3rd boss it's unbeatable simply because it is unfair. Some cards have to be reworked because it makes no roleplay sense. I consider that if you hit the Shield, you can't restore your life (you can't get bleed so why can you heal?) so the vampire should not be able to do that.
    However I don't mind the grinding, the art is cool, the synergies and strategies are fun to look for. But at some point I want to at least have a chance to beat the 3rd boss...
    But definitely cool mechanics that renew a little bit the gameplay. The fact that you can chose as a reward for beating the boss its skill or a special card is a nice touch. The fact that you can discard cards you want and keep others is also a fun way of gambling some combos you might have.

All in all, great game that needs some serious tweaking, unless someone can explain to me how to actually beat the game (with any character). However, I wonder what is left to do after you unlock all the cards. The characters don't seem to level up and there is not difficulty setting. So either this is all there is or there is a surprise like in Silent Abyss if you beat the last boss :)

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    They've finally cleared up the issue with the Assassin IAP, as it worked for me last night, but, grrr, that blurry text when playing on my iPad is still very annoying.

7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #27 Ijipop, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    How did they fixed it? (Assassin IAP) / what was the problem?!?

8. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Since last Saturday I was unable to purchase the IAP. I'd check back daily but always got an error until this morning.

Ijipop likes this.
  9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
  10. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    You have any idea if it’s possible to « restore purchase » for the assassins if I want to play on multiple devices?

11. Bladejay

Bladejay Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I just had to restore a backup to another iPad after shattering the screen of my new one. Unfortunately the game started from scratch. I lost all of my unlocked heroes and cards as well as the $0.99 I spent on the Pharmacist bundle.

TheSilveryWolf and Ijipop like this.
  12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    O
    oooph

Try contact the devs? It’s not easy to find them but you can click “app support” in the App Store and go from there. They have a Twitter account findable from their homepage .

Not cool that it’s like that.

13. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Update is live

From what I see, my complains are no longer valid.
    Seems you can now restore purchase and play across multiple devices.

Nice.

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Can you? I've uploaded my profile from my iPad but can't restore it on my iPhone. When I press "Restore Profile" on my iPhone I'm told there is no data but both devices are tied to the same account.

At the very least I guess it's nice that if you've purchased the Assassin on another device with the same account, while it won't inform you up front you've already made the purchase, if you're bold enough to try and repurchase it on another device linked to the same account, you'll then be informed you'd already paid for it and get it restored freely.

15. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Yeah can’t restore either.
    There was an update today so I’ll try again when I get back home and let you know.

Not that inclined to repurchase assassins just for tryin’.... I have a feeling it won’t work.
    Real nice game but shitty customers support.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was able to restore my Assassin IAP purchase this morning with the latest update, but not my profile or in-game currency unlocks.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really like this game a lot. Played it for many many hours. I guess I only have 2 complaints so far. The gap from the 2nd and 3rd boss is way too strong. I can demolish the 2nd boss with ease then 3rd boss destroys me. Most of the time, the 3rd boss has some sort of healing / life drain mechanic that makes it unstoppable because you can never dish out enough damage. I think one of them even just constantly filled my deck with junk so I could never get a good hand. I suppose I need to keep playing and unlock "better cards". Even the ultimate boss unlock cards aren't enough for me to beat the 3rd boss. In total, I've probably fought 5 different 3rd bosses and haven't beaten any of them.

My other complaint is the text on the cards just seems too small or something. This game I enjoy the most of its type BUT it's the only one that makes my eyes extremely sore after less than an hour. I'm thinking it has to do with my eyes constantly trying to read the tiny versions of the text. It's really bad on the eyes and I generally don't have problems reading small text.

And inclusion I wish the game had in the future is to record your top runs, show your score, how far you got, what cards you used etc. So I can use them to try and copy or better my strategies.

18. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    100% agree on 3rd boss being impossible.