Universal Looty Dungeon (by Taco Illuminati)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 6, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Awesome thanks. I have the pyro Mage but not the wizard. Which level is the dark wizard on?

Yeah, I know one of the devs is Saam so I assumed the others were as well.

2. hyperfox

hyperfox Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Dark wizard is in boss room after room 40. One of three bosses may show up, dragon, spider queen or dark wizard.

3. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thank you. I may not be good enough at this game to get that far. I be made it to about 24 so far. #

4. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #64 sobriquet, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Has anyone put their finger on the screen while the Illuminati Taco logo is staring at you?

Edit: do any one notice there are two characters in the leaderboards that aren't in the game? Ninja and Wildman.

5. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Ha! Just touched the screen as suggested, fun little touch! I enjoy the little character specific touches too....like the fighter's punching bag. More heroes to come, I'm told. And if we're lucky, an expansion! Great fun.

I like that a quality free title gives us the chance to watch videos of lousy free games to earn coins!

6. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    #66 ill_taco_saam, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    We just released an update with 4 new characters!

Rogue, Ninja, Berserker, and Wildman have entered the Looty Dungeon.

1.1.0 Update

Includes new heroes
    Added Wildman, Rogue, Ninja, and Berserker
    Any new heroes are displayed on a splash screen on start
    New heroes have “New!” under their names in the hero select
    Includes improvements to UI
    Prize Machine on start of run screen if they can afford it
    Hero Select button on game over screen
    Prize Machine screen no longer needs the long logo transition
    End Run button forces the game to end, regardless if the player is alive or not
    Ensure the Pirate purchase overlay in hero select closes when transitioning out of that screen

Gameplay improvements
    Tutorial now gives 1000 coins at the end
    Do not schedule notifications if user declines in-game popup
    Do not schedule notifications that are 10 seconds or less time into the future
    Recording is now disabled by default

Miscellaneous
    Resolve several null references
    Change many LogErrors to LogWarnings or less

7. Uncledevil

Uncledevil New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Some annoying bugs

Hey dear developers, first of all, I gotta thank you for making this fun game. But I encountered the following bugs which are really annoying:-
    1. Some crashes
    2. Invisible blocks: sometimes it happened to have invisible obstacles in front of me and I ended up dying cos of it
    3. Traps that doesn't move: there were multiple times I saw those "Big Cubes" and "Moving spikes (the one that moves back and forth from left to right) didn't move at all and blocked my way. And I couldn't do anything about it except for falling to my death :(:(

Please fix these problems, thanks a lot!!

8. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    1. We're still looking into crashes
    2. We thought we fixed this, but know it's tied to the slime enemies.
    3. If you're playing the latest version the "Moving Spikes" should no longer spawn, we're hoping to fix the "Big Cubes" in the next update

It also helps us out if you say what iOS version you're playing on and what iOS device.

Cheers.

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Great game, devs. It crashes quite a bit and makes my iPhone run very warm - but I keep coming back. Really likeable.

10. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Boy, I'm hooked. It's sad really. I haven't found any Looty Dungeon Anonymous meetings in Sanra Cruz, it seems I am doomed to keep playing....thanks for the new heroes!

11. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Oh, any plans to expand the quests? More variety and more obscure goals? It's all the same type so far. If there is ever an expansion, I swear to actual god I give you guys a taco.

12. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Not sure about adding different types of quests as there mostly there to be pretty simple and achievable, but we might add different goals / challenges in the future. We're gonna continue adding heroes and more content ;)

Follow us on twitter if you want to know as soon as an update goes out or what's going on with the game.

twitter - @illtaco

13. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Hey Developer Guys:

Just want to mention that I occasionally run into buggy problems with movement. Sometimes a character gets stuck, and cannot change direction. Occasionally a character is frozen in place, and once I had a character stuck facing right, although I could move forward. The position facing right did not change. This sometimes results in ending a run, and I would consider it worthwhile to adrress when you are able. Running on iPad Air 2, current OS with all updates.

14. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Just unlocked the peasant. The sound he makes makes me feel like I'm being punished for the effort.

15. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    We just launched a new update!

Looty Dungeon 1.20

Add 3 new heroes: Light Mage, Dwarf, Paladin

Light Mage can do 3 damage at full health, otherwise does 1 damage

Dwarf can destroy statues and rocks that block your path

Paladin carries a large shield that blocks incoming attacks from his left side

Embellish the "New!" text in the hero select
    Resolve some null references
    Projectiles can now be fired from the room entrance
    Various Bug fixes
    More sounds will now play in the hero select

16. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I just unlocked the Dwarf and his ability to break blocks is a tad overpowered. Hehe. I am able to avoid many of the spike traps while using him...

That said, I'm at a point where it's really difficult to get new characters because of the RNG.

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Been having a problem since I updated that when I quit the game I get a notification telling me of new quests even when there aren't any. I'm on IOS 9.3.1 on a 5s if that helps

18. countdown321

countdown321 New Member

May 6, 2016
    Just downloaded this ;)

19. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    awesome game

got the pirate coin tripler to support the cause!

keep up the good work

20. brownbear

brownbear New Member

May 17, 2016
    How to Unlock Dev Team

I've actually managed to unlock one of the dev team: Jocelyn (the sound designer). She has 3 health, 1 attack, enemies are pushed back by her weapon (a boom mic).

She appeared seemingly randomly (though perhaps there's a trigger we're unaware of such as total games played) as a character in a cage where a statue/obstacle would normally be. Attack the cage to free her and she flies off screen. At the end of the run, she is unlocked as playable.