Universal Looty Dungeon (by Taco Illuminati)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 6, 2016.

1. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Hi iCloud is one thing, but do u plan to add restore purchases?. So if I purchase a pirate and play on another device I don't have to purchase the pirate again?

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #42 Son of Anarchy, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    The first screen you get to when you run the game has a little 'cog' in the top left corner. If you press that it takes you to a menu with a 'restore purchases' option. Haven't tried it myself on another device yet to see if it works though.

Edit: Just tried it and the Pirate does restore on another device. Though originally I bought the Pirate because he came bundled with 2000 coins, but the coins didn't restore on my second device.

3. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    That button does not appear on my 5c

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Strange. The button appeared for me after the tutorial was finished. I'm on a 5s though I don't think that's the issue.

5. PucKviruS

PucKviruS Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Bug report

Bug report: killed an enemy while I was in front of the closed door. Enemy was in the same last row as me. Killing the enemy opened the door just as the final floor section fell. I fell to my death but the game is responding like I'm still alive, clearly I'm not alive. The attachment is how the game currently looks.

Attached Files:

6. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    No problem. Comes up after tutorial. I kept re-installing the game and immediately looking for it

7. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Amazing game! Super addicting and oh so fun :)
    I've been obsessively playing for the past couple days....I just bought the pirate yesterday...he's my absolute fav so far, the parrot is super handy for collecting coins.
    I love the quests & special unlockables characters , I like working towards goals...never have I actually wanted to step in kitty poo before ...heheh...
    This game has some interesting things I've not seen before, the character menu is one of the best I've come across...love being able to see what each one does!

8. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Is the Dev on the board here? I am desperately hoping that try make it so if the game crashes (which it does constantly on my 4s but is fun enough that I still play) or you leave the game for some reason, it still gives you the credit for finishing a mission. I've for the same three like four times so far because when I die it crashes. It's probably because it's overheating or runs out of RAM which the former happens a lot when I play and am charging but it's weird that it doesn't save state more often like most games. If you don't make it past the continue screen all your progress is lost if it crashes or is closed and is driving me insaaaaane. Of course having a better device would help, but still, it's an oddity really.

9. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Hey sorry to hear you're having some trouble. Make sure recording is off and the quality is set to low in the options (it's the gear icon in the top left). We found that the iPhone 4 ran the game "okay", but it's no the best experience and maybe in the future we can make some optimizations to help out lower devices. Surprisingly for a simple looking game there's a lot of complex stuff going on (monster AI, attacks/projectiles, random level generation).

10. KinakGames

KinakGames Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Tried it out and posted a bit of gameplay video.

tl;dw: I'm terrible at this game, but it's pretty sweet. The core gameplay is satisfying and the variety of characters is interesting. I'm not sure how it'll hold up in the long run, but I might end up doing more videos as I become less terrible.

Cheers!
    Kinak

11. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I did not realize there is an option to set it to low. I'll try that and see if helps. It's a 4s if that matters. I'll report back just does e sake of reporting. Thanks regardless!!

12. PucKviruS

PucKviruS Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    #52 PucKviruS, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    I unlocked one of the characters near the end that are dark and don't have an unlock description.

Pyro Mage: Lit 150 touches

Does any one know what the other hidden hero requirements are?

Attached Files:

13. hyperfox

hyperfox Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Just made it to Room 48 (a new high score for me) then the game crashes. I am using ipad air.

14. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Can we have some more things to unlock please? I've run out of prize machine prizes. Whooops. My fault for buying the coin doubler. Great game, I'm really enjoying it. It's everything that Crossy Quest wasn't for me (when I fell off a log for the thousandth time). I still have to work out what all the secret unlocks are.

15. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Crashy Dungeon? This crashes every time I play it, usually by about the eighth dungeon. Quite enjoying it, but think I will have to wait for an update. I've got an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.4, if any devs are paying attention.

16. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    The game crashes a lot and it can be frustrating, especially when you're going for a long run to unlock a character like the Spartan which requires 300 rooms with the Amazon. The game just crashed when I was at the 40th room with the Amazon and didn't register my progress. So from now on I'll do shorter runs, say 10 or 15 and then end it. There are some performance issues as well, I'm running the game at high settings with shadows enabled it tends to lag when multiple actions happen at the same time (enemy dying + door opening etc.)

17. ill_taco_saam

ill_taco_saam Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Hey super sorry to hear about this. We're looking into crash bugs as much as we can. If the game's performance is low, we recommend setting the quality to low and turning off recording. Thanks for letting us know and it helps if you say what device you're using and what iOS version number.

18. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Hello, I'm mainly playing on an iPad mini 2 running on iOS 9.3.1

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Has anyone figured out how to unlock the last 5 characters in the lineup? I've unlocked everything else and can't seem to noodle this out?

20. hyperfox

hyperfox Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Pyro mage can be unlocked by lighting up enough torches. Wizard can be unlocked by defeating the dark wizard. I don't know how to unlock the remaining four (These characters are actually the devs of this game).