Universal Lootbox RPG (by Mario J. Gaida)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 16, 2019.

1. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    So, I've been playing for several hours now, im level 22 and completely agree with the need to save and reload. I have maxed out melee and strength and find that I'm still missing more attacks than I hit. I've also found that the higher levels seem to be missing the monster names and instead say {monster name} or something like that. I've just gotten to the dragon area and unless I go back and grind for exp, it does not appear possible for me to even hit the dragon.
    I'd also be interested in a way to reset skill points, I think I made some bad decisions early on and wasted those points. Lastly, on iPhone x, the healthbar is covered by the notch and I can only see the full bar or 2 hp from dead.

2. Thank you for your message. I will double check the translations again. I will think about a means to redistribute skill points.
    The iPhone X notch is a pest, just learned about it. I already have added an option to give the top bar a padding as a workaround, but this will not go live before 1.3, so please be patient.

3. besides from https://lootbox-rpg.com/faq-manual/ the key to the critical hits is raising the defense to at least 1 because defense 0 provokes crits from enemies. But I think I will have to change this because it just is not clear to the player.

4. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    The game is quite entertaining, I can't put my finger on exactly why I like it so much. I appreciate the quick response and willingness to take suggestions from players

5. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    #25 moshgra, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    I ran into an issue where I am unable to progress on the Cranbourgh crypt. Starting at level 13 no monsters spawn.

6. Will fix that with 1.3, sorry for that. The crypt won't bring you further in the game, the boss is in the castle. The crypt is for grinding only.

7. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    Yep, actually just realized that when I found the actual secret entrance. but now I've got an issue where I can't damage any of the monsters where the king is. I have maxed strength and max melee but save scumming over and over I can't seem to do any damage. I'm max level for the tier (40) and unable to level up any stats at this point, so it's not like I can grind to get strong enough to kill them

8. Senlias2

Senlias2 New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    Hello!

I am liking the game a lot so far.

I have a question about the Fairy Forest.

I seem to be trapped. I am surrounded by trees without an exit. I have touched all the trees just in case one of them can be destroyed but nothing.

No stairs, and still some creatures to kill because the level has not been passified.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it a glitch? Do I basically have to go back to an old save game?

9. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #29 Lull4by, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    So I just went Lv.10, here are some tips for beginners:

1. Don’t be crowded. You will get a lot of critical hit if you are crowded, try use doors to limit monsters coming to your face, if you enter a room and find 2~3 monsters, just move back to the door and you will be fine.

2. No matter what you want to do, keep enough stamina first. if you run out of it, keep tapping your hero or use “first aid” skill to get some stamina back, if you run out of it, you will find you just can’t do everything efficiently, you will get more damage if you don’t have any stamina.
    (Don’t use first aid skill when there is a monster near you, just tap your hero to get stamina back.)

3. Always bring a “teleport scroll”. You will encounter a lot of situations that you just can’t overcome, so it is helpful to bring it before your adventure begins, what a lifesaver!
    1101EDF8-AF06-4AD8-9675-841FE7E65C17.png
    (It is a good time to use teleport scroll, if you think it is really hard for your hero.)

4. When you enter the floor 7 of the Torture Chambers, you will see a fatty moster, don’t attack him cause you will die in one hit if he attack you, just ignore him and you will be fined, I think it is a TRAP cause it doesn’t count as a monster in the result page.
    4BEDC5FA-CBE3-4F20-9A09-31E96E0B4548.png

5. Keep grinding until you felt comfortable, then you can go to the deeper floor, if the situation is difficult, just use the teleport scroll, and don’t forget SAVE your game often.

6. The first trap curse you will get is the “Stamina Drain”, it will drain your stamina overtime, if you do anything when you have the curse then your stamina will disappear really soon, what you need to do is just don’t move and keep tapping your character, then the curse will vanish after 10 turns.
    0B8D9347-5204-4184-985B-73782E565DDB.png

icetear likes this.
  10. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    Anyone play with the magic system? Is it just guessing game on what spells to make?

11. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I got to level 17 of the rat lair. There is a rat king level about level 10—it's just the one monster, very strong, and I got a nice amulet when I killed him. Does anyone know if these bosses have more than one loot item to farm from, or should you basically ignore after killing them once?

The monsters on level 17...yeesh. Definitely realized the hard way what a difference stamina made. "Why is this fire bee so much more difficult than the one I just killed?" ohhhhh...lol...still, they are getting pretty hard to hit now.

Wondering if there is a special boss on level 10 of the fairy level, I might hit that next. I hear there is a boss on level 20 of the crypt, but seeing as how the "easy" rat lair was pretty rough at level 17, I don't think I'm ready for it yet. Still, good to poke around. It seems the items improve every 5 levels. Slings to short bows, daggers to broadswords...

12. I will make the magic system more accessible that means adding more means to obtain runes and spells. One spell you might get is a damage shield which damages an attacker when dealing damage to you. This greatly helps in the end fight.
    Right now, the runes are very rare and it takes some time to obtain them.

The game should make sure that you will always reach the exit. Right now I have no means of helping you out. If you have an older savegame, please revert to it. If there were creatures in your area, you can also wait until they respawn and get yourself killed (inventory gone then :-( ). I will think about a way to deal with this, although I thought that I made sure this can't happen. Shame on me and big sorry!

13. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Is there any way we could be able to easily compare what is equipped to what just dropped when the enemy dies? Perhaps a long hold on the dropped item icon to bring up the stats of the equipped item stats.

Thanks

14. I will put this on my todo list. Right now, only a "-" or "+" sign on the new item shows if it might be better compared to the equipped one. But this compares only damage / armor, not any effects.

kind regards
    Mario

15. Senlias2

Senlias2 New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    Hello!!!

Fairy forest has no special boss.

The tough monster in that level is a Fairy Ranger. Like all Fairies he is tough to hit so have Stamina potions since stamina will drain as you fight. And has a bunch of HP.

The dwarf in the Fairy Forest and the Fairy Ranger drop runes. It is worth saving/loading on the last hit before you kill them until you get a rune.

Solarclipse likes this.
  16. Senlias2

Senlias2 New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    Hello!

If you go to the lootbox homepage there is a picture in the FAQ tab that shows some combinations.

So far I have been guessing. I do it in one of the first levels of a dungeon since you need to have pacified the place and I now have the Goblins active in the castle.

There is no list anywhere that I have found.

17. Senlias2

Senlias2 New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Male
    This is more info about spells.

The website is https://lootbox-rpg.com

These are the combinations I have so far:

Power Rune I Rai Rune Flu Rune is create food I

PR I Fyr Rune Zor Rune is Firebolt I

PR I Rai Rune Fyr Run is Light Heal

PR I Fyr Rune is Magic Torch

PR I Rai Rune Mor Rune is Ogre Strenght (+5 ST for 50 rounds. Very handy!!!)

PR I Rai Rune is Stamina 1

PR I Rai Rune Zor Rune Rai Rune Flue Rune is Thornskin (1 pt damage to enemy. Lasts 50 rounds.)

PR I Rai Rune Fyr Rune Aes Rune is Trollblood (regen 1 pt dmg for... I think 10 rounds)

If you use a Power Rune II with the same recipe you get a more powerful version.

Magic users and tough creatures drop runes. You may have to save and load on the last hit several times before getting one dropped.

Firebee drops Fyr rune. The herbalist goblin drops. The goblin wizard and gobkin champion too. The Fairy Ranger too and so on.

I forget which one drops the Power Rune I but I got a PR II from a goblin herbalist (happened once so far)

There is a basic Runeboard in floor 20 of the Torture Chamber (I dont know if this is random, but I found mine in the SE.)

Sorry for the foggy memory but I also got the Necromancers Runeboard and another board off tough monsters. I think one was in the upper levels of the Crypt. Maybe the Shadow or Skeleton Lord (looks like a Skeleton wizard). I will keep notes so I can give better data.

Have a great day!!!

Solarclipse likes this.
  18. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Loving this game, a d-pad ll be very good for playing in one hand. :p

moshgra likes this.
  19. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Just need to wait for the new content now.

moshgra likes this.
  20. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    you have finish the game ?