iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Surprised there is so little interest in the game, at least as far as these forums.

Does every Arena battle get harder or is it always tailored to our group levels? Is there a difficulty change when we go from Bronze to Silver and so on?

I don't want to waste 500 gold if my newbie team will for certain fail.
    Also the Loot Club seems too pricey for what you get ($10 a WEEK with every 5th week free), though I'm betting it is necessary if you want to get the Arena item.

Is it possible to get that legendary Arena item any other way or if we miss out on it this week we can never get it again?

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    For some reason I can't leave a review for the game I played the soft launch and updated it with the worldwide release but it says I must own the game to review

3. @DE_Clements

@DE_Clements Active Member

Dec 7, 2013
    #103 @DE_Clements, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Loot & Legends is Lame and Laden with IAP's

Lame & Laden with IAPs.#

I see the devs are active in this forum. Thusly, they will likely make claims that the game can be played without spending money (if you are willing to grind, invest copious amounts of time, ect, ect). Or, there's no paywalls we assure you. Time will tell I guess.#

However, this game has an opulent polish that screams money sapper, as it was not a pay for it up front App.

Other than that, the game looks well done and is fun to play (thus far).
    Sadly, it's probably best to quit now before I'm hooked and loosed of my coin purse.

#Interesting how last week, Warhammer: Arcane Magic was bashed for charging $10 and having IAPs to heal. #Although L&L "appears" to be a "harmless" FTP, bet you spend far more here than on W:AM...

#Additionally, if your itching for CCG/deck-type games, I'd say your money's better spent on the Sci-Fi slanted XenoShyft (generous) Launch Sale! Just sayin'

4. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yes - the IAP setup is not one that I generally support (coin type items up to £79.99).... So deleted :(

Played a bit of the tutorial - I'll think again once I've seen some gameplay vids. I really like Card Dungeon... So was quite looking forward to (a premium version of) this...

5. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    The online-only requirement pisses me off. This is a beautiful game. Make it $10 and be done with it.

6. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yet ? Did they mention it coming to iPhone ?

7. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I'm very disappointed at the ftp model as well. I'll give it a try, but I'm not holding out much hope that it will be something I stick with for very long.

8. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I damn near missed this. Why've they changed the name? Card Hunter is well known and regarded...

9. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    IAP annoyances aside... it's running like crap.

10. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    I absolutely love Card Hunter, and am excited that it has come to iPad. Sadly, this is crashing on my iPad 2 every five minutes. Hopefully, it's just some kinks needing to be worked out.

As far as IAP, Card Hunter is definitely a game worth paying for. I imagine that like Card Hunter, we will need pizza to unlock new adventures. Pizza can be earned in the Arena, so that might be a way to keep it FTP if you want to grind. We'll see how things progress.

11. @DE_Clements

@DE_Clements Active Member

Dec 7, 2013
    #111 @DE_Clements, Aug 6, 2015
    Agreed!! ..I took a momentary break at the end of the battle where you get your first 50 free pizzas (and told to buy a chest). Pausing briefly to attend to another matter, my iPad went to sleep on me at this point in the game. Upon reawakening my device to resume my game (and since L&L is ALL online) it skipped my loot, then proceeded to the next segment; which robbed me of my pizzas and chest.#

Furthermore, deleting the App, rebooting, and reinstalling does not fix this or otherwise. The game data is ALL downloaded from their server. So, (miss something?) want to go back and replay the intro; Nope!

12. DropForge Jason

DropForge Jason Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. :( That said, this is the kind of thing the Support team can resolve pretty quickly! I do hope you'll reach out to them. We can resolve the issue very quickly, and replace the chest for you. Just hit the Contact Support button in-game!

13. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    #113 DropForge Jason, Aug 6, 2015
    The tournament timer is a little off right now. You normally get 7 days of play time in each tournament that resets each Monday, but with our launch on a Thursday, the timer's coming in mid-week. We're looking at a hotfix to extend this week's tournament by a few extra days.. we should have confirmation on that tomorrow.

As for difficulty, the challenges get progressively more difficult as you progress through each Cup. If you're still new (below L5 on your characters), you'll be better served by playing through the campaign a little more and building up your equipment base a bit.

Purchases are NOT required to get the Arena rewards, even the items in the Diamond cup. You can do the whole thing using just the Free Plays. We had several players in testing that accomplished it on a regular basis each week. None of them used currency. Based on our gameplay data, none of them robbed themselves of sleep, either. :)

The Legendary tier item changes each week. At the moment, the reward is something you *can* get in-game, but it's rare. Down the road, we'll be looking at Arena-specific reward items.

14. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    The game's only officially supported on the iPad. We recommend at least an iPad 3 to have a good experience... the iPad 2's hardware can lead to some choppy gameplay, and some crashes.

We've had a few reports of jailbroken phones playing the game, but it's not something we design for, or have the ability to support.

15. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    We're working on better support for the iPad 2. Hopefully, in the next few patches, we'll get you a much smoother experience.

As for the Card Hunter to Loot & Legends question, we're a little (okay, a LOT) different from Card Hunter. Our map progression is different, we have a separate campaign structure, a completely different set of equipment and cards, and the new Arena mode. Since it's not a 1:1 overlap in terms of features, we don't offer account sync'ing.

But since we're not sync'ing accounts between Card Hunter and Loot & Legends, we keep all of the content in Loot & Legends open to everyone. None of the adventures require a pizza purchase or a content pack unlock.

16. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    #116 Jim Shorts, Aug 6, 2015
    I would love to email support about the exact same thing that happened to me as was stated above... but alas, I cannot! Why? Because the freaking game won't even load, just staring at a spinning disc of doom in a gray shield. Oi vei... this hurts! I'm running this on an ipad 4.

17. DropForge Jason

Feb 19, 2015
    You can always email us from outside of the game. Just drop a note to support -at- dropforge.com :)

18. Jim Shorts

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Doesn't matter devs... this is an IAP sink.

19. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    This looks great and is fun but looking at the iaps depresses me somewhat. I've sadly deleted the game now.

Devs: for what it's worth if you released the game without iaps I'd be more than happy to pay a generous price say £5-£10.

20. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    #120 hincy89, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    I'm quite disappointed my purchases from the pc version are not some way linked to this. I purchased the middle tier edition (forgot it name maybe adventurer)

I can understand progress with map/cards etc differences but don't see enough difference not to sync pizza purchases or a reward style system.