iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    For now my main complaint is the long loading time and the crashesÂ…

2. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    On the iPad Air 2 it loads quick (as you would hope)... probably slower on older devices.

I've yet to have it crash through I do get the occasional "oops something went wrong " alert but then it simply restarts without losing your place or rewards. Seems to more of a server disconnect than an app problem.

I like cranking the sound as its both funny and powerful at the same time. The huge startup "KABOOM " when your
    Wizard gets the electrical buff is pretty awe inspiring. To me anyways #

3. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, probably it's just that my device's too old. It's still an enjoyable game to me :)

4. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Agreed. That is why i hope they change it to iphone 6+. I would play this game more often then i do now.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Same here.

6. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Used to play Card Hunter and glad that it's made the transition to iPad. But yeah the Loot Club thing is pretty lame. I don't play games for more than an hour and the thought of the bonus time going to waste is sad. I might pay for some pizza but glad to see that you can still get pretty far without paying real $.

7. jw05ru

jw05ru New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Play the game the whole day. Love it so much.

8. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    Loot Club is frustrating due to the server issues with the game. Especially if you have limited playing time and a chunk is taken up with server disconnects or having to restart. I can see why they went down this IAP road, and I hope it's successful for them- I joined the loot club once but won't be joining again.

It's a good game, it's a shame it's not available off-line.

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #209 GiHubb, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    I have to say that after playing a bit more with this my main criticism stands:
    - just let me buy the game with one IAP to join the damn loot club indefinitely!
    - would have preferred a map as in the PC version for a more epic progression over the lame Candy Crush/Angry Birds/etc linear progression, it feels like a missed opportunity. It doesn't entice me at all to continue playing and discovering the land.

EDIT: I have to say that even with all the IAP shenanigans and that you can't buy out of them, this is still a very good game with a lot of love poured into it. I'm a little surprised it's not getting more attention here on the forums. Would have been interesting to discuss strategies.

10. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    The music is awesome on the iPad version also. I wish they would use that in the PC Card Hunter version as now I go to it and it seems pretty empty...sound-wise.

11. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Can I change my character's names?

12. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    When are they going to release a fix for iPad mini users? It just doesn't want to connect to the server. Tried multiple installs and reinstalls, different internet connections but it just blocks after swiping up to play.

13. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Yellow boxes, manual? Thanks.

Really like the game, but I've been playing kind of blind and I have a few questions...
    What exactly are the yellow boxes for on most screens? I have no idea and I've played quite a bit.
    Why do I receive a different amount of cards for each player at the start of a new turn? Sometimes my players fill up with six cards, and sometimes with only three.
    Is there somewhere an actual manual for this game that would answer all my questions? If I missed that and one does exist then I'm sorry for asking. If none exists then that is unpardonable. This game needs a manual like we used to get in the old days! #

14. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Was working and now it's screwed again on iPad mini. Will simply not connect to server. Oh well, nevermind....

15. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Well I guess this gets no more attention. Pretty sad. Gets semi-regular updates and most bugs are fixed. Just bumping this because it might appeal to a lot of people. Also they have GREAT customer support!

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    It is just me, feel free to disagree:

I would like to see this paid rather than F2P. This game has excellent presentation, fun gameplay, smooth UI and should-have-been high replay value, but going F2P killed this, however, its excellent potentials. The player eventually hit the paywall sooner or later so I stop playing it when there is no grinding option and my unwillingness to pay when I have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Freemium is no doubt one factor.

For me, while we're at it. This has all the makings of my dream go to game, while having all the unmakings at the same time. The things that kill it for me are online only, and my belief that it would work on iPhone. Online only kills most games for me. It cheapens them. You don't own it, and whenever the servers are having a bad day, well you're not playing this game that day. I wish everything in this game was self contained, with sure, maybe unlocks achieved at periods through an Internet connection.

18. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    If i could have this on my IPhone 6+ then i would play it again.

19. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Am I remembering it wrong that you could create / acquire new characters in the PC version? Am I stuck with the 3 pre-defined ones here?

20. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    +1 to both of these.

Online only especially, and to some extent being free to play killed this for me - and I even created a dedicated account to download this while in soft launch.

It has the foundations of a very fun game, but I don't have long stretches of play time in situations where I have my iPad connected - I'm talking planes and travel.