Universal Loop Mania by Umbrella Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Roger-NL and neca: you guys are otherworldly!

2. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    No, unfortunately. Stats saved on the device aren't used for the leaderboards because that would provide too many vulnerabilities for hackers to use. (And then the platform goes and lets them in anyways...)

As for the additional game mode, that's exactly the plan, if I/we do this. I wanted the "pure" game mode to have traction before I made things more complicated. The powerups make the game much more random, and scores less skill based.

Roger: 2% means for every 50 jumps, you clicked 51 times. My test device stats are 19% impatience, so 2% is pretty good. (It would be 100% if you always clicked an extra time, 200% if you always clicked twice, etc)

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    This has been my go to as of late. Freaking straight addicted to this. Just broke 16k for the first time. And those 60k+ scores, OMFG! Roger, you animal!

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #104 ROGER-NL, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    No 60K is from neca, I managed 46k, but congrats on your 16K you are getting there, you need a bit of luck as well.

Don't call me animal please ha ha.

5. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    #105 neca, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    I hate game center... Guess I'll slow down a while until it's back to upload a better score

6. intrepid

intrepid Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Awesome game. Scored 27826. Played for 16 hours. 15% impatience (was 18, coming down after I figured out how to play). Game centre not working for me.

7. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Congrats on your "More addicting than crack cocaine" nomination.

Amazing. I've had the game since it released yet it says the amount of games I've played today, and all time is the same! This game has me understanding the concept of time in a new way!

Also, what is impatience? And are you people scoring five digits for real or what?

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Wondering what you're planing to implement in your next update, besides the (my) long awaited "touch anywhere for replay".
    My goal is still to beat Roger's huge 46k, while i'm stuck at 31k atm.

Searching for this thread over the TA app showed me this incredible rip off clone. Oh, and i definitely didn't wanted to open a new (and undeserved) thread for this scum and for discussions only...
    „Loop Crazy :The mania of the ball“ von QingDong Jing
    https://appsto.re/ch/rg3fcb.i

Anyone's working at Apple's with open eyes?

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Good luck Qwertz ha ha.

10. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    The next update is just some bug fixes and polish, plus the "touch anywhere" feature, and a nice auto-replay feature for anyone who already bought the No-Ads IAP. You guys wanted tap-anywhere? I removed the tap entirely! (Like it was in the prototype.)

Also Android. We'll save the powerups mode for a couple weeks from now, once the Android players have caught up. (As a bonus, that should make the clones even crappier in comparison.)

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Amen!

Thank you very much! It's funny. I was sitting with my girlfriend yesterday and I said hey I got a game for you. Now she's cursing me because she can't stop playing.

Lol

Billy

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Thank you Umbrella!

Now, finally, this is what i consider to be a perfect comfortable one-hander game. Touch the screen anywhere for replay, so simple. (To all reading Devs)

I updated my review and gave you the deserved 5th star. Oh, and it gets even better. I just got frightened a bit when i saw my total spent time *cough cough* more than 27 hours!
    And i'm still not done yet...so there is absolutely no reason to not add this addictive pearl to my GOTY contenders.

I'm sloooowly crawling upon you...

Attached Files:

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy shit replaying is so much better now! I love it! It's perfect! THANK YOU!

I love this game!

Billy

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #114 ROGER-NL, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Well done Qwertz, I spendid nearly 30 hours on this game, gonna download it again to see the replay change, and I wanna see the future changes Umbrella gonna make.

Just played again, do you got some bigger balls in there Umbrella or are my eys gotten a little smaller ha ha.

Replay button for the whole screen works excellent, I needed that in my first 30 hours with the game he he.

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Haha, no, only smaller eyes :rolleyes:
    I still catch myself pushing the middle of the screen for replay. We're so trained to do so, lol.

At least you* know how orgasmic it feels being in the flow and feeling invincible...sigh, until that unwary stupid little moment comes when you miss the easiest big ball. Arrrgh!
    * oops, neca seems to know even better.

A powered up version would come in as a (hopefully) separate playable mode, right Umbrella?

80 minutes of playtime later...woot!

Attached Files:

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats Qwertz you beat my record, hats off man.

17. SnowballTheLamp

SnowballTheLamp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    This has peaked my interest! Looks like a fun game!

18. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    To celebrate Game Center is back I broke my record and now stand in 88 K :)

19. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Just dropped by to say that it looks like somebody ripped your game. Even the name is almost the same ' the loop mania ' : The Loop Mania' van Pham Minh Giang
    https://appsto.re/nl/8MORcb.i. Have not downloaded it but the descriptions etc are clearly copied.

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    When are we getting a Loop Mania 2??? I saw it on my screen today and it’s an hour later lol. It’s such a good game.

Billy