Universal Loop Mania by Umbrella Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Apr 20, 2016.

1. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Both good ideas, and the latter one is literally at the top of my to-do list. (So you guys can stop mentioning it :p )

We rolled our own, it's common sense PHP with a ton of validity checking to avoid somebody screwing with it. (Obviously we gather zero information about the user other than their existence and what any website could gather passively.)

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #82 ROGER-NL, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    We rolled our own, it's common sense PHP with a ton of validity checking to avoid somebody screwing with it. (Obviously we gather zero information about the user other than their existence and what any website could gather passively.)[/QUOTE]

About screwing with it, Shaky Bird screws you every day, do something about it.

Can someone at toucharcade remove this post please, don't know how to do it myself, thanks in advance.

3. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    There's very little we can do about that (other than delete it, which we will/continue to do), they don't even need the app to exploit that loophole. The number they passed is actually higher than the game would ever store. (Even you aren't going to reach over 2 billion points). It's an annoying game of whack-a-mole.

Edit: Please don't feed the trolls by giving them attention. (By which I mean the cheaters.)

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sorry if I was a bit harsh, it is just annoying, I like the game so much and I am number one what more can you want, but I will say nothing more about it, it is what it is.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #85 ROGER-NL, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    A whole week has past and still number one, never felt so great in the last 5 years ha ha.

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I think you just have a talent for it. I watched your video, awesome by the way, and I still can't beat my high score. I get high scores on average but nothing amazing. Also, yes it's hard. ;)

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #87 ROGER-NL, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Someone has beaten my score, congrats to The Larkin, woops need to start playing some more, he has gotten 10.000 points more than me, how does that feel you ask, well let me tell you I am happy and sad at the same time ha ha.

Thanks to Umbrella for getting rid of you know who I mean, but it is an endless battle with these folks.

I call my defeat, I give up, but it was an exciting 3 weeks thanks Umbrella for the experience, see you on MAGIC MOUNTAIN.

8. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Roger, my cumulative score from 160 games is less than your high score. I know you've provided some tips but, anything you want to reiterate? Pardon my poop emojis but this game is addicting as ####. Literally and figuratively a compulsion loop.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I have made a video on youtube, look it up under Loop Mania Roger, I played 4 games in a row on their, one score of 1000 points, one of 3500 and a bad one of 98 ha ha and the last was 8250, the game is hard, I had an avarage score of 650 points.

10. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I know this thread is dying but I still need to say this. When I first grabbed this game I was really psyched to play it. After about an hour with it I found it really frustrating and didn't like it and deleted it. But even when I did I knew I didn't really give it enough time. I just figured it would hook me quickly as a lot of games do.

After the game of the week post I thought, what the heck, let me give it another shot.

Now I am seeking treatment and considering writing to my local legislator about setting up Loop Mania treatment centers in my state. Its pretty bad. I think I played 300 games yesterday. The strategy becomes so nuanced once you get into it and for a one tap game it can be fairly deep. I still call bullshit on some of my deaths but I get that this is just a nature of the game. Needless to say I paid the 99c for no ads and can't wait for updates in the future. Thanks Umbrella!

11. thecomichunter

Jan 1, 2014
    Nowhere near some of the high scores, but just nailed 1699!

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #92 ColeDaddy, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    1464! Gotta keep going!

Edit: 1976

13. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Hey this game is great!! I got 60112, but with the game center bug I can't upload and compare scores, but I think I'm good at it... Some suggestions: powerups!! Like freezing enemies, invincibility, more time for smashing combos, or something like that. And maybe a timed mode, 60 seconds or so to try to nail high scores quickly. Also, what's the impatience stat's meaning? Cheers and congrats for a great game.

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi neca great score you would be number 10 on the leaderboard, I am down to 16 with my score of 46.411, I was number one for a whole week he he.

15. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Thanks! I saw your vid, I use the same strategies and at the more advanced rounds it all goes down to luck, to not lose the smashing streak and have a small annoying one hit you at the end.

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I deleted the game because I had some other games on my device, but now I am a bit sad that I lost all the stats, I really miss the game, I played almost 30 hours on it, and I jumped more than 130.000 times so I have Loop Mania withdrawels, or how you call that english is not my native.

I will put this game in my top ten for game of the year for sure, it was a trilling three weeks that I played it.

17. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

Oh no, you deleted it? Man, you were my roll model for the game. Every time I play I think to myself, "how does Roger do it?". ;)

18. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    We left them out (for now) because we didn't believe it made the core game better. No promises, but I did leave all the code for them intact, and they were fully functional except for not being 100% polished in a couple important aspects.

I was wondering if anyone would ever notice this. It has to do with how often you click the screen too early. The higher it is, the more often you do that. (It can go over 100%.)

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I was wondering if anyone would ever notice this. It has to do with how often you click the screen too early. The higher it is, the more often you do that. (It can go over 100%.)[/QUOTE]

I had only 2% of that stat, is that good ha ha.

20. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Maybe doing them a separate game mode, original and enhanced, may be a good way to change the way we play.
    Also do you think I may be able to upload my scores if the game center bug is solved? I mean 60k points and an average of 1000 is worthy of the rankings hahaha