Universal Loop Mania by Umbrella Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Apr 20, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I think it's a combination of these. You get points from coins and multipliers from smashing the balls. Is that right, Dev?

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah that's right, but the big points comes from smashing.

I start of by getting the coins first make a full circle or sometimes four in a row that's a great feeling when that happens, but when I am around 1000 points I start smashing like a berzerk maniac to rack up points.

Oh, and you need a bit of luck of course.

3. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Yep, completely true. I provided multiple strategies for gaining points, for obvious reasons. Roger just seems to have decided to specialize in smashing. (Which makes sense, because even though both strategies require a lot of luck, smashing is less likely to get you killed if your timing is a little off). Of course, you still need to clear a lot of coins to get enemies spawning fast enough for smashing to be effective.

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah for the best smashing you need to be at least in round 12, higher rounds are even better.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #65 Qwertz555, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    The last few posts were very helpful, finally. Thanks. My score went up from 2220 to 4307.
    An extra in-game hints/tactics button for better scoring could be appreciated by many gamers. Not all read Toucharcade.

All i need now is a touch the screen anywhere for replay. Keep the aesthetic but code around, please. That's the only (big) miss this game has. A clear reason for me to keep the last star away.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, the touch anywhere to retry would be very welcome or move it down on the screen.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    100.000 players and I am still number one he he.

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    You hacked your way to the top lol

:ducks:

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #69 LordShad0wz, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Devs,

Would you be able to add a global circles destroyed to the main screen? I think that would be an interesting statistic.

I've left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. All I asked for was I'd love to see some cosmetics added where we could use coins to buy new globe colors or designs.

That and the retry button needs to be moved down.

Billy

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    No hacking billy, the real hacker is Shaky Bird with billions of points, I only managed 46.411 points, I am actually on number 2 thanks to Shaky Bird, for once in my life I am number one, I am on top of the mountain, and than comes mister Shaky Bird to ruining it for me, so sad this, ha ha.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm just messin with you. I find it fascinating that in every single game, hell no matter what game it is even something silly, people will take their time to hack the leaderboards. Lol

Billy

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Great game, I can't stop playing it :)
    Congrats Roger, I have no idea how you managed to get such a good score. I'm happy with my 735 :D

13. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks sink, as I said earlier you need to go to round 12 if this is possible and than smash every ball that is incoming, you need a bit of luck, but the more you play the better you get, I played more than 20 hours allready, can't stop playing either, one more go is an understatement ha ha.

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I know what you mean. I rage quit the game about 5 times last night and then immediately reopened the app to try again. lol

15. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    My HS is 734. Ha! I have not been able beat it or come anywhere close for days now. I still think I am missing something with the gameplay. Oh gameplay video where are you when I need you?

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Same thing here with a high of 793. Haven't been able to get over 400 since.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #77 ROGER-NL, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    I made a video of some gameplay, you can find it on youtube under Loop Mania, but you have to scroll down a lot to get there, this is my first ever video on youtube, it was quit a hassle ha ha to get it on there in the first place.

You just have to type Loop Mania roger and you can see it, I am a youtube noob beyond believe OMG.

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I better shouldn't have watched your app store trailer again, because now i remember how much i liked that music. But the difficulty of the game and the cool voice let me completely forget about it.
    Any slight chance to implement that soundtrack, please?
    Only in a loop of course and not restarting after every death. A volume slider for the music would be very appreciated to balance the music right against the voice/sfx.
    Too much work, i guess?

@Roger
    I still had to scroll down quite a bit.
    I guessed exactly right what you do for highscore. I can't do it that many times in a row though, my brain/finger is simply conditioned to tap too fast after 3-5 inputs (the ball has a certain momentum/weight), results in being defenseless glued to the screen for that important 10th of a second.

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I finally made a new score of 564!

You guys are right. The key is to try to jump as little as possible and keep that circle running! Thank you guys for the tip!

Billy

20. Bivis

Bivis Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Mobile App and Game Developer
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I loved the arcade sound effects! Its really nice and well done!
    Are you using some back-end service to count the global coins collected? I want to put a similar feature on my new game.