Universal Loop Mania by Umbrella Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Apr 20, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #. Thanks for this crazy good game, Umbrella.

2. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    High score of 1007 so far. Pretty cool game

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, not sure about the scoring system, but it doesn't seem to get you more points for like triple popping orbs. I think that this should be incorporated into the score.
    Score is solely based on collecting dots, period?

4. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Each enemy you kill in rapid succession gives you X squared points, multiplied by a bonus if you intercept or get a perfect hit. There's no bonus for killing multiple enemies in one shot (by design), but you still get the exponential points for each one. There's no cap!

5. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    OK. Thank you. Explanation much appreciated.

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Its a great simple idea in a simple package with much gameplay and most of all much replay fun. I can only recommand this game.
    I tried it for about an hour. After some rounds which are between seconds and 3 mins i bought the "remove ad". I started to get better and reached 883 coins. But the longer i played i realized that this game is not as skillbased as it seems. The field of view for popping in enemies is too small. Mostly in the sides of middle of the screen your chances are sometimes ruined because of this.
    Also Its confusing that you cannot see what is hidden under the bigger enemies. I don't know how others play this game, but i tried just to make as many loops as i can without destroying enemies. Once any enemy reaches me i change the lane. Maybe i played it wrong this way. But for my way i would love to see in this game transparent enemies and most of all slightly different colors for different movespeed. For example the color is orange then the slow ones are redish and the fast one are yellowish. This way you get sn overview for the situations and the timing would become much more skillbased.
    A great game. Will watch out for updates.

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ghost,

That's actually a pretty cool idea about the different colored orbs based on their speed. That would definitely add an element to the gameplay.

Billy

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Great game. As per speed, what I've noticed is that the smaller the orb, the faster it goes. Maybe that helps.

9. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha, was just about to type the same thing about size and speed. Good call man!

10. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I do know that the small orbs are fast and big ones small.

My point is to make this game more skillbased with transparent orbs and slightly different colors for speed. This would help to give an overview of the hidden orbs and timing will become more accurate for players. At least in the options i would like to see this in an update.
    As i said before - its a great game but can become an even greater one in my eyes.

11. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I like this game. I really didn't like it at first but gave it another shot. What I do not like is this. When new circles enter the loop and kill me and there is nothing I can do about. And indicator letting me know when a new one is entering and from which angle would be cool. And also when I'm about to hit one circle so I jump and get immediately killed by another one. This to me makes for a bad game because it removes the skill. So far this game seems heavily luck based but maybe I need more time.

12. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm like tired of ads? No. Tired of dying for reasons the are out your control? Yes.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    What do you mean? I find every death to be my fault. Can you explain why you are saying this?

Billy

14. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    When circles are first appearing and I'm just in their way and I die. I am talking to someone who scored in the 20,000's so I take your opinion with a grain of salt. I am but a simple human.

15. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I just can't react quickly enough I wish I knew they were coming. I only play portait if that matters.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I play portrait too and as soon as I see one circle coming to me from outside I click on screen to jump to the other side.

The key to scoring success relies on linking many rounds without jumping (score multiplier). To do that, try to keep a few circles which move more or less at your pace... while you survive the rest :D

17. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    This is one of my all-time-favourite one-tap-game (others are Planet Quest and Stack). 5 Stars - no questions. Nonetheless I still have a few requests/suggestions:

1. Soundtrack! No music at all?! Come on! Something like in "I love my circle" (another great game btw) would be great.

2. Local highscore-table - a Top 100 and the rank is mentioned during the game (maybe not all, but like 100, 90...20, 10, 9...3,2,1)

3. An option to switch the direction to clockwise.

4. Reduction of the install-size - almost 100MB is still pretty much for a minimal game (concerning design) like this.

18. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    You're on a roll. Couldn't have said better myself. I employ the same tactics.

19. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    This isn't an uncommon complaint, but this is the first time I've answered it officially. There is _always_ enough time to react, even though the timing is extremely merciless. The orientation and screensize shouldn't matter, because the falling enemies actually fall at a dynamic speed just to make sure they're visible for the right amount of time no matter what angle they come from.

Of course, this doesn't account for differences in human vision and reflexes, and playing in landscape mode on a bigger screen can provide an advantage entirely separated from the game code and timing. Humans see bigger and faster movement more easily, and there's a similar effect for side-side motion, versus vertical.

As a player, my suggestion is that instead of watching all the edges, watch the section where you'll be screwed if an enemy drops. That's the only part which really matters in the short term.

Thanks for giving the game another chance though, I figured you'd like it more with some practice. (Also, FYI, dying faster doesn't mean seeing more ads, we specifically put a rate limit on that.)

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I think people are playing it wrong, you need to smash those balls, with coins collection and full circles you are getting nowhere, and with smashing I mean smashing in a row, my biggest smash combo was 35, and for the really big points you need to do a perfect smash or a perfect interception, so cool this game.