Universal Loop Mania by Umbrella Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi jbsib, my new score is now 32220, but I am playing 14 hours now on the game, you need to put some time in, and eventually you will get better.

First I went for the coins so full circle and full circle 2 and so on, but this is getting you nowhere, it's all about smashing the balls in a row, first you get one hit than double and triple and than the voice says smashing and another smash and you get smashing 1 and so on and with smashing in a row you get the big points, with my latest highscore I got a 35+ combo smash.

Good luck in trying and see you on the Leaderboard.

2. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Another tip: I do always a double tap when making a smash, so hit the ball and tap fast back to the other side and so on, so always double tap to attack, but there are other strategies as well, this game looks simple but it has so many ways to play it, it's one of the best, maybe the best twitch game out there, well for me it is.

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got an attacker the 'king of bosnien' with 23.000 points, people are figuring out how to play, soon I will be smashed to smithereens.

4. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Don't worry, I doubt I'll ever catch up to your score. So you can always brag you're better than the guy who made it :)

5. Umbrella

Umbrella Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    Poor Joshua :)

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So I saw the write up. Congratulations for getting Touch Arcades game of the week. I decided to download the game and wow I am glad I did. What a fantastic game. It's really fun jumping back and forth smashing those circles!

The only thing I would ask is would it be possible to move the play/replay button lower on the screen. Having to reach all the way up to the center of the screen has been difficult and since you die so often I'm forced to use both hands.

But other than this it's a perfect game. I paid to remove the ads. It's really a perfect mobile game. The controls are perfect. Lots of replayability. Premium IAP. It deserves 5 stars. You are under charging for the game. It's worth more. Really well done!

Billy

7. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I nominate this for the most first world comment of the week.

8. joshuapearce

joshuapearce Member

Apr 19, 2016
    You'd have liked the early prototype, it didn't have a play button or menu at all, so it just dropped another player ball right after dying. I kinda miss this version, but it was too hard to get any work done.

On a more serious note, this functionality is a good idea, and I'm stealing it. (Though I won't be moving the button itself, that stays in the center.) I/we just need to think of a good way to make it obvious, without changing the esthetic of the menu.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol why thank you for the nomination. I hope I win! You know thinking about it it really is true and it's funny.

Billy

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Had the distinct pleasure to beta this and I must say that it has turned out to be a stellar high score chaser, even though I don't have GC. Kudos to the team, great work. Fun and addictive, what more does one need.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol I can't stop playing this damn game. It's addictive.

Seriously.

Billy

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    agree!!!!!

13. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Hey, I just saw that Touch Arcade made Loop Mania Game of the Week!!! Congratulations!!

Great game!

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    If this game didn't get the GOTW press, I never would have picked it up. Great stuff!

15. Umbrella

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    All the 3 of us agree :)

55 million coins collected world wide and counting!

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #36 ROGER-NL, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    I just reach an avarage of 500 points, but I don't want to brag about it he he, just letting you know.

My longest game was 3 minutes.

Played 16 hours now and got a total of 60.000 jumps.

I also made 15.000 laps, so as you can see I make 4 times more jumps than that I make laps, that makes me a jumper not a lapper.

And I played 1886 games in total.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy S***!

You played more games than me. I gotta catch up lol

And wow 500 points! Wow. The highest I've gotten was 254. And that was luck lol

You got some skills!

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #38 LordShad0wz, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    For future updates,

Would it be possible to add cosmetics? Maybe different circles you could buy? Both your circle and enemy circles.

It would add even more longevity to the game. People like myself love this sort of thing.

Also to make things more crazy and interesting why not have different modes, such as in one mode the main ring stretches getting bigger and smaller as you play. It would get nuts and intense and really make you think and react.

What do you devs think? What does everyone think?

I really recommend everyone purchase the no ads IAP. This game is absolutely worth that price. It was easily one of my best purchases this week.

Billy

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    My high is 793 so far. In that run all I did was let the ball roll, jumping as little as possible, only when necessary. I haven't been able to beat that first score, but I definitely get higher scores with that approach as opposed to jumping around a lot.

This is an awesome game. It does however ride a super thin line between "one more try" and throwing your device at the wall. lol

20. Umbrella

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    Maybe we should start an iPhone insurance company :D