Looking for feedback on our sci-fi shoot ’em up

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Lenka Pitonakova, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    We are looking for user feedback - please try our game!

[​IMG]

Zirthian is a sci-fi shoot ’em up game for iOS, being developed by a Canadian indie company Qubiq. We’ve put a lot of work into our combat system and want to know what you think!

GET ZIRTHIAN THROUGH TEST FLIGHT

Please submit your feedback in this thread or by using a form.
    Testers who submit feedback will get free final game content.

Weapons Test (build 0.6) features the following:
    • Skill tracking: Improve your score in Kill Count, Sharpshooting, Distance Traveled and Money Earned
    • In-game currency: Earn Z's to buy weapons in the workshop
    • Six types of enemy with different behaviours and weapons - survive hostile lasers, missiles and stuns, getting surrounded by robot swarms and being rammed into.
    • Four types of weapon with ten skins each: Use lasers, neutron guns, gamma ray and seeker missiles - all customizable in the workshop!
    • Five types of power-ups: Double missiles, Double Z's, Invulnerability, Instant special weapon recharge, Instant shield recharge
    • Endless, procedurally generated, hand-drawn levels with easy and hard difficulty
    Checkout Zirthian on Itch.io :: Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Facebook :: Watch on Youtube

2. Amir M

Amir M Member

Nov 9, 2020
    Male
    Hi,

Looks nice and the music in no
    Hi,

Looks nice and the music is nice.

For the game mechanic itself i think that the movement is not smooth enough and you need to think on smoothing the movement and add
    2 animations layers for the movement , maybe a small tilt.
    Screen ratio to main craft - enemy size is too big in my opinion , i will readjust it 10-20% less to allow more movement as you also crash on the ground there is not a lot of room.

i think that animation for hitting and firing will make the game a lot cooler and with smooth movement it can be a lot nicer.
    t to annoying

3. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    Thank you Amir! That is some great and useful feedback. Yes, you are right, movement needs some work and adding settings for the "responsiveness" is a feature planned for a future release. There are also more flashy animations coming!

May I ask, what kind of device did you test this on?

I would love to give you free final-game content once the game is fully released, if you'd like that, please email zirthian[AT]qubiqinteractive[DOT]ca with the email address that you used to sign up for the TestFlight and we'll add you to the list of testers to reward!

4. Amir M

Amir M Member

Nov 9, 2020
    Male
    IPone 11 , nice game hope those tips will help.

5. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    thanks, yes for sure, I appreciate all feedback!