Looking for feedback/beta testers [Cops 'n Robbers]

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Silvanis, Jun 2, 2013.

1. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    Just played about with new build, got a picture of a random floating exclamation mark but missed it when the robber tried to turn left on a straight road.

Attached Files:

2. Silvanis

Silvanis Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    co-owner of Silver Moonfire
    That's an odd one. Guess one of the cops left it behind (they show an exclamation mark when they see you). I thought I cleaned up all the situations where that can happen.

It's something to keep an eye out for while I'm recording footage for trailers. If you can reproduce it and tell me what is happening to a cop when it's left behind, I should be able to fix it pretty easily.

3. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    I've noticed the exclamation marks before, just not like that. I also just had a crash to home screen after choosing quit game from a level one game I started from level select

4. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    Wow...don't know how that one didn't come up before. On the other hand, it does require you to play a game, quit, start another game, and quit again.

Fixed :D

5. TheNotSoBigCheese

Jul 12, 2013
    May I beta test. I will leave feedback don't worry.:)

6. TheNotSoBigCheese

Jul 12, 2013
    I posted a minute ago but I forgot to quick reply. I was just wondering if I could beta test also?

7. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
  8. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    MAJOR update:

-added voices
    -fixed bug where bonus item was not visible when it respawned
    -fixed crash bug when saving at end of rival level (rival wasn't getting set to nil properly)
    -fixed crash bug when quitting a game more than once in a session (forgot to remove the observer in HelloWorldLayer when deallocing the class)
    -fixed bug where it's possible to enter the rival's starting tile
    -fixed missing bonus item on level 9 (this also fixes a bug where cops would try to enter the gas station if you played level 8)
    -added news window on title screen (only appears if there is new news)
    -added victory screen
    -added level 20

This build has been sent to Apple and will hopefully be the release build on July 25th. Assuming no major issues, of course. :D
    But the game is feature complete and relatively bug free! Thank you to everyone who has been working hard on breaking the game in new and unique ways and keeping me from sleeping at night ;)

Beta will be open until release to help find any last minute issues.

9. Trafalgar_Sage

Trafalgar_Sage Active Member

Jul 12, 2013
    #129 Trafalgar_Sage, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    I have never use testflight before so I didn't know if there a way to send feedback To you directly ,So I post here.I have play your game and I like it.
    Anyway,I have found a glitch that if your character get beaten by cop and revive then get beaten again quickly, the character animation and movement will mess up.

10. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    Interesting. Do the animations stay messed up? (I'm assuming the robber is getting stuck in the beat up pose; laying on the ground with stars over his head). Normally, the animations are reset any time a character changes direction, did that not happen?

11. Trafalgar_Sage

Jul 12, 2013
    #131 Trafalgar_Sage, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    After beaten up for the second time the character frame has locked as left or right position (it bypass the animation with smoke)then I try to move but the character position reset to the old position for a while.I'm not sure on detail since that situation is quite hard to redo.I will try it more.

12. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    I did find a bug where tapping a direction as the robber is dying will make him look like he's trying to move in that direction. But that's a visual bug; he can't move. It's hard to tell if that fixes your issue, though. Like you said, it's really hard to die twice in a row in a short time :)

13. Zer0suM

Zer0suM Member

May 16, 2012
    S,
    You probably received another crash log a couple of days ago.
    On level 3 if you leave the donuts last and quit, you guess it, the game crashes.
    Sorry for the headache. Hopefully a lot of these bugs will be gone by release.
    Z

14. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah, the crash when quitting bug was fixed in the 1.1 build which went out on Sunday. I don't see any crash reports for 1.1 yet (hopefully never!).

15. Trafalgar_Sage

Jul 12, 2013
    Okay,I could specific the problem now.

1.The player could trying to move when beaten and waiting for revive.Like you said.

2.While waiting for revive,The cops could kill the player again. I guess disable cops power in that time should fix it.

Ps. Sorry about crash.... but I just have once after press continue button.

16. Silvanis

Nov 2, 2012
    Don't apologize for finding crashes. That's EXACTLY what I need beta testers for; finding bugs and especially crash bugs. I give Zer0suM a hard time about it because he's good at finding them :D