Looking for Dev for Can't Stop Sid Sackson

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by mrbass, Dec 11, 2009.

1. I can pm you the official contact for licensing rights if you'd be interested in developing for the iphone. I have nothing to do with this other than giving you ph# and email of person to contact and of course would love to see it on the iphone someday. Other than that it's entirely up to you to negotiate and settle on a contract.

Can't Stop on Board Game Geek.

This game is from 1980 by Sid Sackson.
    In a nutshell you roll four dice and choose how to form two groups.
    Example say I roll 2, 4, 5, 6. I choose either:
    2 + 4 = 6 and 5 + 6 = 11 so 6 and 11 to move my progress markers on.
    2 + 5 = 7 and 4 + 6 = 10 so 7 and 10 or this one.
    2 + 6 = 8 and 4 + 6 = 10 so 8 and 10 or this one.
    Anyway, if you roll a bust where you can't place on a number with any of your three progress markers you lose all progress for that turn. If you stop, however, you move your permanent markers to those progress points. Winner is first to claim 3 numbers on the very top of the progress. 2, 12 statisically speaking are harder to roll thus only three circles to claim it.
    Few other rules but like I said "in a nutshell."

Can download free java version here against AI's.
    http://www.rollordont.com/
    graphics not that great though. It's so so fun vs. AI.

iPhone version I think would do well with local wifi or bluetooth support and some decent graphics. Without wifi or bt this game would most likely bomb as it's replay value isn't that great vs. AI. Having said that replay value is tremendous with human players. One of the best dice games I'm aware of.

[​IMG]
    This is the version I own imported it from Canada (french version)

[​IMG]
    Here is screenshot of DS homebrew version
    Played this few years ago but it only had play vs one computer opponent and wasn't all that great of an implementation.

[​IMG]
    BSW online version

[​IMG]
    I believe this is the Face2Face version most recent edition

2. #2 mrbass, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    any interest in this now that iPad is out? Retrospect it would work much better on iPad as a great 2 to 4 player game.

This is what it looks like on the Android called Roll or Don't $0.99
    [​IMG]