Looking for an app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Max_TO, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I was wondering if there is an app out there that will let you download YouTube videos to your iPhone / iPad ?

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    If you're jailbroken, there are MxTube and YourTube. I don't think there's an app in the App Store that does that. A little while ago, the developer of MxTube somehow got his app into the App Store (except it was named MiTube) but it got pulled pretty quickly.

3. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Can you perhaps post a link that offers more detail on jail breaking ones iPad ?

Thanks for the already posted info

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    What firmware are you currently on? If you're on 3.2.2, there is currently no jailbreak available for this firmware. But if you are on 3.2 or 3.2.1, using the Safari web browser on your iPad, visit www.jailbreakme.com. You will then see a slider that says 'Slide to jailbreak', just slide it and wait for it to download everything. After that, you're done! If you're still unsure, you can watch some videos on youtube of people jailbreaking their devices (using jailbreakme).

5. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I, am on 3.2.1 !

I will check out that link but one question , if I jail break do I lose my apps ? How will my iPad be changed from what it currently is ?

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Nope, you won't lose anything. Obviously there is a chance that you may need to restore your iPad if you start installing random stuff from Cydia, so just be careful. After jailbreaking, you will be able to install themes, some nice tweaks etc.

7. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Thanks for all your help so far ChrisL !

Lastly I would like to ask , are there many different jailbreaks for the iPad or is the one you posted the only one , or the standard one ?

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    There's also Spirit (it's what I used to jailbreak my iPad), but it does not work for 3.2.1.