Looking for a good strategy game (like hunters 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tikanderoga, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Could anyone recommend a good game like hunters 2? I am looking for key features like:
    Strategy
    Rpg (character advancement)
    Money management

Action would be nice.

Hunters 2 really hit the spot, now I am looking for something similar.
    Suggestions?

2. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Haha I'm in the same boat. I haven't really found a whole lot of good games similar to Hunters 2 for the iphone. I did tryout this game called Spectral Souls, its very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, only played maybe the first 15 missions or so, barely scratched the surface. But I find it enjoyable. Also if I'm not mistaken the app is always free, but you can only play the first 2 or 3 missions before it asks you to buy it. It costs 13-15 dollars, so its a bit expensive, however it is a full fledged game and was released on the PSP before it came to the IOS. Should at least try the first few missions if you think it could be interesting.

3. Tikanderoga

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Yeah, I've been looking at that one for a while now. I'm just a bit hesitant because of the cost.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Are you playing on an ipad? I so, are you into Front Mission/Mech Warrior style customization? Lemme boot up my PC so I can find Remember the game's name.

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    OK, found it. Metal Brigade Tactics. I've only played the lite version but had quite a bit of fun with it. Not sure if it's up your alley, but you can always try before you buy.

6. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
  7. Tikanderoga

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Yeah, love that style too, been playing that on my pc. Loved both games :)
    I only play on my phone, my wife is hogging the iPad :p

@Bloko
    Is a dupe, as the this one kind of sunk into the depths without any posts at first, so I posted it in the other section.