Looking for a good SRPG until FFT is released.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ojtitus, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Anyone know of any good strategy/RPG's? I'm really looking for one where you can replay levels, can change equipment, and is like FFT/Disgaea. I already have Wesnoth, Eustrath, Highborn, Palm Heroes, Shining Force, and Rebirth of Fortune.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Looks like you'll be waiting for FFT like me. Nothing else really to recommend based off what your looking for...

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Yep -- that's about it. Rogue Planet might fit the bill, but it's more of a strategy game than an SRPG. There's also Transformers, but it seemed pretty darn simplistic to me when I tried the lite.

If you have a PSP, you could pick up Jean D'Arc -- used copies go for $10 and it's really great (not surprising, since it's made by Level V). I would love to see a version come to iOS.

4. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Song Summoner is pretty good, though the (lack of a) leveling system is not too great.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Unfortunately I found the process of creating your heroes in Song Summoner simply irritating and no fun at all.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah I have Rogue Planet also but that is really a TBS game. I'm looking for something more RPG but with grid based movement.