Looking for a good App similar to Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Asasnator, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    I'm tired of waiting for the new fire emblem to come to the U.S. And any suggestions for a app similar to fire emblem would be awesome.

Am pretty much looking for a app that is either RTS (real time strategy, like starcraft) or TBS (turn based strategy, like Fire Emblem or Advanced Wars or Final Fantasy Tactics) and has a leveling up system to it, it doesn't need to have a loot finding system to it, but that would awesome too.

Thanks in advance!

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Knighturn as well as Sword and Earrings (Sw&Ear) are excellent mobile exclusive turn based strategy with some loot finding.

Tactical Warrior and it's follow-up LostStar Tactics are both worthy and have level up customization with some limited equiptment mechanics.

Dungeon Crawlers is a turn based strategy that is a little more polished.

Legion of the Damned looks promising but I haven't gotten much play time in yet plus Battles and Castles should be coming out tonight and looks promising if you're into turn based strategy.

3. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Thanks for the info! I went and looked at all of those...the two that caught my eyes were Knighturn and Dungeon Crawlers.

Knighturn's thread is like a year+ old..so I don't want to bother asking a simple question on their, but can you continue to play in that game even after you beat the campaign to get the best gear/get the highest level? Also how does the looting system work? And how difficult would you rate that game?

Dungeon Crawlers looks pretty good...I took a look at that before I started this thread...I kinda got the impression that it was a short game and the highest lvl was 20 or something. And with only 3 characters getting experience I would imagine that would go pretty fast. Also I'm kinda looking for a game that even after I beat it, that I could still go around doing dungeons to get the best gear/continue to level up other characters I never bothered to level up during the actual campaign.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Knighturn has a free lite version to try. There are several character classes each with unique equiptment types varying from armor to weapon to ring to amulet so there is a good amount of detail in character customization with equiptment. Some items can be bought in store or earned through combat as mission rewards. Most levels have an optional treasure chest tucked away to claim by treasure seekers. There is a main mission sequence and side quests. Many if the side quests involve finding mythical equiptment. Once Knighturn is beaten it can not be readily replayed without deletig and re-install because you can not replay missions once completed. Regardless it's a good game.

I don't know of any turn based strategy iOS games that emphasize replaying and continuiois leveling up. You might appreciate the roguelike genre and it's emphasis on score keeping and exploration.

Let us know what you decide on and impressions.

5. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #5 Asasnator, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    I don't care too much for continuous leveling up, maybe a level cap of 60, but that all depends on the game and how long it is. Though I would like to go back and replay levels or even better, something like when you beat the game, you unlock a "map mode" where you can continue to level up characters that you didn't bother to level up during the campaign, and have maybe a dungeon or something to get better gear and possibly an extra difficult boss stage at the end to really test your tactics/character choices.

I found a game called Hunters 2, that game looks to be a lot of fun. Though I heard their was something like 8 total missions, and the first 7 of them were really easy. But to beat the 8 level you needed to farm daily maps..which I don't know if I would stay too entertained with that..maybe, I might just suck it up and buy it, looks pretty good overall I must admit.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    You can play War of Eustrath HD or Ravenmark. :)