Looking for a big publisher

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by hudSon1, Feb 7, 2021.

1. hudSon1

hudSon1 New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Male
    I have hyper-casual studio and look for a publisher, can someone recommend on a publisher? Ideally big.

2. MadeOfDinosaurs

MadeOfDinosaurs Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    --Joy-- likes this.
  3. --Joy--

--Joy-- Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Female
    BDM of Planes Control & 2 Minutes in Space
    Canary Islands
    I love a reddit list suggested by @MadeOfDinosaurs !
    If i may add something, try to participate with your game/games in Game Pitches ( among others during Pocket Gamer Connect events and White Nights events). From my experience a lot of publishers are there checking the games and coming proactively to the participants. At least it happened to us MANY times...
    Even if you are not contacted during or right after the events, your data is staying in their data banks and publishers are fishing for the new games through these data!
    Wishing you luck!

4. Liquidus

Liquidus Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Game dev
    Are publishers ready to organize online events considering the limitations due to lockdowns and other barriers related to health hazards?

5. Icepoppy

Icepoppy New Member

Nov 5, 2021
    Female
    Hi I am from a hyper causal publisher, we already published over 60 games globally. If you are willing to know more about us and our business mode, please let me know your email add.( I just signed up for leaving this message, so I have no idea how to send private message on toucharcade.

6. Liquidus

Liquidus Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Game dev
    Some questions that stand beyond the legal topics would be:
    - what are the production constraints?
    - what types of games and age markets favored?
    - is the targeted market more regional or totally international?
    - what is the form and magnitude of a typical promotional campaign?
    - what are the ratios of shares on revenues relative to the investments?
    - are numbers in the 500K d/ls possible and long it takes to get there?

7. Liquidus

Liquidus Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Game dev
    Some of these publishers have gone under and there are also controversial cases of games being taken without consent, where some developers approached a given publisher with a finished casual game, was rejected, only to find the publisher's own version of said game published under their own brand. So if you spot a publisher that looks good to you, to an in-depth research about it first. Being cautious doesn't hurt. And also prepare yourself to defend your own side of the deal for the negotiation. Don't be a beggar.