Longer signatures..

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Forerunnerz, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Seriously, there needs to be longer sigs. 4 lines is nothing. We should have like at least 7-8 lines... I use my sig for showing my online accounts for several different iPhone games but I'm limited to only 4 lines. I Also wanted to add a "Games I'm currently playing" on my sig. If it isn't too much of a nuisance, can we have 10 lines? Anything as long as it's above 7 lines.

Thanks, Forerunnerz.

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I agree! More sig lines!

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Please no.
    4 is plenty.

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    No......
    It would clutter the page. And who cares what your playing anyways.......

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Get a web site. Then you can put whatever you want on it and just put in your sig: "Hey, to see what I'm doing on my iPhone go here..."

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    just as IBITF said it would clutter the threads/forum i really dont think anyone cares about what you are playing

7. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Agreed, if it doesn't fit in 4 lines you should think if it really should be in your signature. And if it does, find a way to make it fit. :)

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The digs already look like separate posts. I'm more in favor of a customizable personal profile. Something a lil more user friendly then what exists.

9. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I would like the ability to have a list on your profile where you can put all the apps you purchased. That's the kind of info I'd like to know from other people as well.

10. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    NNNOOOOO that would just clutter the forum it would be a massive chuck of space taken away from posts, you would turn 4 page thread into a 7..... 4 is fine...

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    10 lines?! What, you wanna write an auto-biography in your sig? 4 lines is fine. I don't wanna have to tell sigs and posts apart while I'm scrolling down a thread.

And like a couple other people said, who cares what you're playing? Post about what you're playing.

12. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It's called "Signature",
    not Blog,
    not Personal Infosite,
    not Book.

So, please.....keep your info short.

13. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Please, get this out of your heads. What you can do for extra space is use "-" to separate your sigs, instead of whole new lines.

14. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If you want to write something long, just edit your biography so when people view your profile, they can see it. I agree that 4 lines is long enough.

15. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    #15 RedStaR, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    I hate when people have sigs that are longer than their actual posts.

16. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Well, some people wouldn't care what your playing, but a lot of members have a sig showing what they're playing, and if a game comes up in a couple of peoples sigs it make make someone want to check the game out(happened to me with archibald's adventures) and as for the live codes, It makes it easy to find people to play with that are into gaming, and visit TouchArcade other then random people. Also, how would 7-10 lines clutter the forums?

17. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    4 lines is enough. especially that you can separate info in them with some signs like "|" or something else.

i use it a lot in my signatures. :)

18. b_o_h_i_c_a

b_o_h_i_c_a Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    When people list games or apps in their signatures, it skews the search results. Why is that a problem, you may ask? Because people here are always yipping and yapping and biting peoples head off, telling them to "use the search function". When someone uses the search feature to search for information about "Zen Bound" for example, they will get 50,000 results because people have "Zen Bound" in their sig. They are trying to do the right thing and follow the proper forum protocol by not starting brand new threads and their search results yield little of the information they are searching for and thousands of useless results of the game mentioned in someones signature.

19. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Couldn't you just read the titles of each thread until you find one that says, for example, "Zen Bound Discussion" instead of clicking on one that says "iMafia" :confused:.

20. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    This is not true. Search for smi1es (replace the 1 with the letter l) which is in the signature above me (Mew2468's post). This topic will not show up.