Lol at some console gamers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
  2. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    How does this affect console gamers, they don't buy crappy games like this. Uncharted 2 FTW! Aren't you sad you DON'T have a console? :p

3. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    #3 Stirolak26, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    Well, lol at the Japanese console gamers then. U gotta laugh at somebody for this to exist. This mockery of gaming. And I do own a console it's called the wii and a dreamcast as well I can get free games for.

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Compare apples to apples huh? You aren't seriously comparing this game to a 99 cent appstore app are you?

First off, there are definitely some die hards as evidenced in the responses that took offense to that being called a schmup not danmaku. So they obviously will pay whatever they sell it for and clearly that is who it is being marketed to.

Second, Japanese releases are known to have obscure titles that they flock to, well, just because.

Third - the apples to apples bit. An Xbox game normally costs 60 dollars give or take. This is being sold for 88. Only a third higher. Look at the appstore. People DEMAND a game to be 99 cents. If it is sold for even 2 dollars people are disgruntled, 3 dollars people complain that they will wait for the sale, 5 dollars and rage sets in. But for those that feel 5 dollars is worth it they buy it. Same thing here.

And do you mean Wii? and what is a strangest? Oh and I think you posted this in the wrong section.

We don't need to start the iDevice vs Console Wars for the gazillionth time over THIS. It's a big world buddy, room for all kinds.

5. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Third - the apples to apples bit. An Xbox game normally costs 60 dollars give or take. This is being sold for 88. Only a third higher.

LOL, only a third higher? That's great. First off, you are being a tad melodramatic, acting like the OP is starting a console vs. Idevice war. I personally find it laughable as well that anyone would pay $88 for what looks like a game that could be played on the touch for $3 dollars. If a person was that nostalgic, I'd be surprised that he'd even own a 360.

Lastly, I'm getting sick and tired of people condemning those who expect cheap titles for the touch. Most are younger kids who may not have grown up paying $40-60 per game and have limited funds. The app store is supersaturated with games ranging from abysmal to fantastic. The fact that a game such as angry birds can cost 99 cents and be so much fun is amazing. And rovio is making bank. Therefore I can see why people have such high expectations and will not pay for the more expensive titles.

As a sidenote, I own a wii (autocorrect changes it to "wiu" BTW), 360 and ps3

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    No I am not stating that the OP is starting the console war, just been around here long enough to know that a thread of this nature TURNS INTO a console debate. Starts off innocent enough, then turns into "my console is better than your console nah nah nah nahhh nahhhh" then gets locked.

As far as your other arguments they go around in such circles I am not sure how to respond, but then again Hodapp did it for me. I expect to pay for quality and if I am thrown an Angry Birds along the way, all the better.

You must not know many collectors. People pay all kinds of crazy prices for games worse looking than that. Check out eBay for a good laugh. And again - don't drag the iDevice into the debate and keep it to the same platform.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes. I'm so poor and cheap I'm glad I only have to pay 99c for my games.

...actually no, I own most consoles and buy all the games I want.

Oh, and telling other developers to "just do an Angry Birds and you'll make money!" won't work. At all.

9. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

10. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    I am really really glad that I owned an ipod touch, a great gaming machine, but still, it is a 'crap' compared to a console.

11. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    As far as your other arguments they go around in such circles I am not sure how to respond, but then again Hodapp did it for me. I expect to pay for quality and if I am thrown an Angry Birds along the way, all the better.

You must not know many collectors. People pay all kinds of crazy prices for games worse looking than that. Check out eBay for a good laugh. And again - don't drag the iDevice into the debate and keep it to the same platform.

I wouldn't call it an argument, more of an irritated observation. As for the $80 price, it doesn't take a genius to see that this is not a traditional, collectible item. It is simply a game ported to the 360. It happens all the time, usually in xbox live arcade format. The fact that they are charging $80 is a slap in the face to its customer base, and as the OP said, a reason to be thankful for apps of the same quality for over $75 less.

Also, that video was classic, I appreciate people that have the rely on videos and pics to convey their thoughts. Keep up the good work!

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    To me, I don't care, I heard about it, but it doesn't interest me other than it was long awaited title cancelled for release in the US on several platforms so to be released finally is great news to some and I bet they would pay even more. It might not technically be a collectible but to those fans and diehards it might be for them, but don't mince words k? So, eh, whatever - it is what it is. If you want it you will pay, if you don't you won't - just like everything in this world it is not being forced on you.

And sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    And ten thousand lols :)

14. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Wow, a nice little conclusion to another useless thread. On to the next!

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    We thank you for your useless contribution to the useless thread. Here's mine:

16. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Ah, so you're a pirate. Classy.

17. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    did any of you actually read the comments, apparently this is how much full games sell for in japan, and the prices of games range more in japan, this isn't even that expensive for a new release

18. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
  19. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    I meant I own a wii and dreamcast and had a psp that got stolen. I think ifevicescare better than psp home brew outside of possibly some emulators.