LogMeIn Ignition vs Jaadu VNC

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Prab, Aug 11, 2009.

1. #21 mrbass, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009

Sadly that huge review doesn't cover IMHO the best one for Mac users which is $5 RemoteTap. It can put your Mac to sleep and remotely wake it up. Just make sure you have System Preferences | Energy Saver | Wake for network access checked.

I've used Jaadu VNC and RemoteTap is way better. Let's put it this way if Remote Tap was $30 I'd still say it's way better than Jaadu VNC for $25. It zooms automatically to scale selection menues.

I have screenshots showing RemoteTap in this post. AutoFocus screenshots here and General screenshots here on official site.

Yes there are just a few more improvements which I'm sure the 4.0 upcoming will support. Sadly I have to use RemoteTap to wake up my iMac when I use AirVideo $3 (but $1 on sale now).

2. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008

Thanks, I'll mention RemoteTap in the next article update.

3. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Thanks for the recommendation mrbass :D I just got remotetap! It works quite well indeed :D

4. It was like 1am or 2am and was trying to fall asleep for about 10 mins the other day. For some reason I had volume up on my iMac and had the lady robot voice annoucing the time on the hour (yea I know bad idea). Well needless to say I was too lazy to get up and put my imac to sleep. I quickly used RemoteTap to put my iMac to sleep. Then in the morning I disabled the robot voice for good.

5. Looks like RemoteTap 4.0 was submitted to Apple so hold off a bit.