Universal Logic Dots (By Ayopa Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ingames.tv, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This. Very much this.

2. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I just voted it for the the best game of the week. I gladly unlocked the level pack. Icloud-Sync would be nice and moving directly to the next level.
    GameCenter: Please ban the Cheater - Nr.1 with 9???? Points. :mad:

3. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    As mentioned by many others already, but just to chip in, please add a next level button and remove that redundant popup with how many dots to find. It would improve the game play a lot!

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Man, this is good. I'm not much into puzzlers as I always seem to hit the metaphorical wall at some point. This is great so far though. Just half way through the 5x5. Reminds me of Glow Artisan, which I loved until I hit the wall with it. I'm going to try and finish this one and then go back to Glow Artisan.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've just thought of something else that will help, again it's no biggie, I'd like some indication on which levels I've completed, it's fine if you have not got to the last level in a pack but when working on the last one if you leave the game and come back you can't tell if you've completed the last one or not, which is fine in the earlier packs but some of these take a while the further you get and I'd not want to play a puzzle for a few hours if I've already completed it. Hope that made sense.

Maybe a star when scrolling through packs to indicate they have been completed?

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Great game. I love picross games and this is a fun variation. Main suggestions and complaint is similar to others.

For me, priority is getting rid of the screen that shows which pieces are left. I'm not super far yet, but maybe show one of each type of piece and a number counting down for number of pieces left.

A star or some marking on the level select screen to indicate which puzzles have been completed.

A go to next puzzle is nice to have, but not really necessary. As long as we can skip the initial types of puzzle screen..that's good enough for me.

A random select mode for all puzzles (but don't pick 2 same puzzles in a row) may help with coming back to the game after all the puzzles have been completed. Otherwise don't really need this at all...just an idea of how to keep people coming back after all the puzzles have been completed.

But overall a fun polished game.

7. ingames.tv

ingames.tv Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Game Development
    Argentina
    Logic Dots

Hi,
    I wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions, we really appreciate them much!
    This week we will be uploading an update with several points mentioned :)
    When we finish the new version I will let you know all the changes.

On the other hand we want to tell you that Logic Dots is the #1 puzzle-board game on the App Store in several countries and have reached over 250 thousand players in less than 3 days! :cool:
    Thanks again.
    Matias Ini

8. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I'm loving this game. I really enjoy picross, so this is right up my alley.

One thing I've noticed that bugs me, besides the "find the dots" screen and having to selecte the next level in the level select screen, is that my progress gets lost if I exit the game and jump into another app.

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I was thinking this ^ too. It would be great if you could save your puzzle progress. These 11x11 grids can take a while! :D

10. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    a good game. just one question; I didnt use any hints and couldnt afford pack after 7x7. Is this normal?

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    This would be great, one way around it is to press the down arrow icon before quitting and it saves your board, then when you re open it press the up one.

I usually press the down one once I've filled in all the empty columns as it saves re doing it if you need to restart.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Haha.. The quick save and reload is what I wish all picross games would have too. Makes it easier when you get stuck to start experimenting.

13. Anotherkellydown

I do the same thing. Also after I complete stuff that I'm sure is right. But yours doesn't save when you leave the app and come back, right?

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    A question for anyone - does buying level packs also remove the ads, or are they separate purchases?

15. Anotherkellydown

I don't remember ads because I purchased the level packs right away. So yes, apparently that does remove them. :)

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks - you are a good man.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I agree with the comments that the splash screen with the goal dots is redundant and really not necessary. The hardest thing about this puzzler is the fact that there are multiple possible solutions. So, while it might seem to be easier, it is actually more difficult as the puzzles get larger, there is more and more space for "possibilities."

Bought the full pack - first 4x4 are just teething levels and 5 x5 seems to be the same. I opened up a 12 x 12 and was initially looking for a unique solution and so went back to the 4x4 levels where it is revealed that any solution that works is acceptable -so potentially a lot of pieces being juggled.

Nice minimalistic style. Can't comment on the soundtrack as I generally play in silence. But nice puzzler!

18. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Logic Dots is an extremely nice game! I love the crisp, clean graphics, and the lovely colors. And I love picross-style games, so this is pretty irresistible! I'll be playing this a lot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's new when the update comes out!

19. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Really like this game...

I do have a few comments.

1. The popup with the goal is really annoying
    2. When turning the screen off and back on, kicks you out of the game
    3. when you create 2 dots up/down (over 2 rows) and you made a mistake you can't make it a filled box.. it's either blank or a dot.. you have to select a different field, and then you can change it.
    4. View video for free hints, only shows a black screen.
    5. Twitter doesn't work. (FB does work)

Hope this can be looked at

20. Peachpie9

Peachpie9 New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Problem with Pack 10 x 10, Level 13

Hi, thanks for the great game. Lots of fun.
    I think Pack 10 x 10, Level 13 has a problem in that it can't be solved as is. It's easy to place all the dot strings except one of the 2-strings. I can balance all the row and column dot requirements and every number is pink and pretty, but that one 2-string has no place. Also, two excess 1-strings are present. Usually that just means some rearranging is in order. This time, there's no solution. I wasted 3 hints trying to see the solution and finally the message "There is no hint for this" appeared, confirming my finding of error. Has anyone else had this problem? I would appreciate some input, as I have to pass each level before proceeding to the next; this is producing serious withdrawal pains! Thank you. -Catherine