Localization for German Appstore

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by butters, Feb 10, 2009.

1. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    So here's the deal. Many of you Developers will never have been to the German Appstore before and even if you would have, you wouldn't have understood a thing, with people posting comments in German (obviously). Many of those comments complain about a missing localization/language support, but many of them do not realize, that most Apps are made by little, independent studios, that do not have enough time/resources.

I always have been a supporter of independent stuff and therefor i would like to offer my abbilities to translate your Apps (No coding etc., just a normal translation, which you could implement in your App.) for free.

So as long as i have time, i'm willing to help out. If you are interested, just send me a PM and we can sort things out. :)

(And i'm not talking about some 'monster' projects here, like word games with whole libraries. That would take forever... ;))

Cheers, butters

2. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    This sounds interesting.
    Our game doesn't have that much text, might be suitable for translation. I'll have a talk wit the other people I work with.

3. butters

Feb 4, 2009
    No Prob, hope i can help out. :)

4. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
  5. butters

Feb 4, 2009
    Hey, thanks for the URL. I am indeed a native German speaker and i have done my fair share of translations, but i am not a professional translator nor am i aiming for a job in that direction. As i said before, this here is just to give people the opportunity to push their game on another market.