Localisation.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TouchSF, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Gigi

Gigi Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    about 8 € cents per word, if i'm not wrong. but the good thing is that they know the app store field so well and the guys there helped me so much. they're fast. i didn't know the app store supports the chinese language now, and dys offered me to translate the chinese for a discounted price (since I ordered 6 languages).

very good deal indeed, considering the increase of sales abroad (and I'm not an english native speaker so they can fix my text).

2. bossman696

bossman696 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Graphic Designer, Commercial Printer
    Alabama
    New Developer interested in translation service...

What initial languages would you suggest taking into account the most popular international iTunes Stores for a developer on a budget? :)

3. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I would say that I had the best results in France, Spain, Japan and Italy.
    It is said the German and Dutch udnerstand english so well, but I still think it's wise to transate. I'm curious about the Chinese market. I've just translated the descriptions in Chinese with DYS. I will let you know how it will effect my sales in China. I can't be worse than this, since I sold 0 copies.

4. Hedonist

Hedonist Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Hello,

So how your sales have been in Chinese AppStore since you've translated the app?

5. Silver Josh

Oct 12, 2008
    Nothing yet... :( The day after I translated the description I "sold" a lite version of one of my games, but nothing more. I think this new market is too young. The most sold application has a few reviews (something like 12) and I'm not surprised if I sold 0 copies. I hope I'll get some sales soon, but I think we over estimated this market.

6. Silver Josh

Oct 12, 2008
    #26 Silver Josh, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    Be very careful with this guy: http://www.translateyourapp.com/Translate_Your_App/Start.html

A friend of mine was looking for a very cheap translation service and it turned out that thie person translated my friends documents in 4 languages using Google Translate.

Watch out.
    Just my two cents.

PS: by the way, I'm finally selling some copies of my app in China! growing slowly, but growing.

7. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up about DYS. When we release our game I want to localize it to a few countries and doing it without breaking the bank is helpful.

I'd do it for our current apps but I think they're a little too... hmm... English-centric

8. DYS_Translations

Nov 4, 2008
    "English-centric" ? :)

We're not that "English-centric".

D.