Local Review Sites?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by firemint, Apr 15, 2009.

1. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    Everyone here would know how popular Touch Arcade is for global coverage of app reviews. I'm interested in finding out about other review sites that have more of a country-specific/non-English focus, eg cover local developers/apps or write in French, German, Spanish, Japanese etc. Since people from all over the world come to Touch Arcade, I thought it would be a good way for us to share information about our neck of the woods! My suspicion is that there will be more non-English local sites, since the US/UK/etc sites already do such a good job of covering all the new apps. I'll go first even though I can't contribute very much, which is why I'm here asking ;)

Australia - sadly doesn't have an established iPhone/iPod touch specific site that I'm aware of. Most of the existing review sites are just very slightly customised versions of global sites (eg the Aussie versions of ign.com, cnet.com and gizmodo.com) or mostly cover console/PC games. Kotaku Australia puts up the odd iPhone related story and there is a recent new site www.cantouchthis.com.au, but I'm not sure how well known it is (it's an offshoot of mactalk.com.au).