iPad Live Poker Deluxe 300K - 49.99?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Wulfsige, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    WTF, Zynga putting up a 49.99 game? That's complete bullshit, I seriously hope no other devs get any ideas about doing that too.

2. kramszed

kramszed Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    if its a VERY high quality, a FULL game, I would agree on that price.. BUT! poker?! i dont think so.

3. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    It is probably an app that is a real poker tournament with a prize of 300K. IDK exactly what it is, but I assume that. Anyway, to enter a real poker tournament for with a prize of that much money costs anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. IDK if it actually is a real poker tournament though.

4. Link here.

Seems they're taking the pee a bit. The only reason the price is so high is because you start off with 300K chips (other versions have 40K or 100K).

5. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    It appears you just get more chips. Just get the free version and login everyday - you'll have plenty of chips to lose in no time.

6. ogindahood

ogindahood Active Member

Dec 26, 2008
    MLG 09
    that game better come with a 50$ itunes card.

7. kramszed

Jan 5, 2009
    just get the free one , and login everyday for a year and don't play! hahahaha! then u get 365k ! just kidding.

8. Wulfsige

Dec 18, 2008
    From reading the app info I don't think so. Says you start with 300k chips and get 2k chips every day so I don't think they have any real life value.

@kramszed-maybe but a BIG maybe, the ipod touch is nice because you have a lot of fun games that are easy to pick up and play. Everythings digitals, variety and cheap. But that's my opinion.

9. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    oohhhhh so it isn't a real poker tournament? Jeez than $50 is ridiculous imo.

10. kramszed

Jan 5, 2009
    yup i agree too, i was just teasing the 49 bucks, ipod touch / iphone games should cost less than the console games that requires materials(cd.dvd) because there's no packaging whatsoever.

11. prediction

we see a 49.99 -> 9.99 price drop soon posted on the pricedrop/new game feed

12. Wulfsige

Dec 18, 2008
    So looking at the other verisons...the deluxe verison offers the same 2k a day but you don't start with the 300k....and it's 1.99. Now THAT is reasonable. This verison is quite possibly the stupidest game upgrade I have ever seen on itunes.

13. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Maybe it was a typo and they included an extra 9. ($4.99) :rolleyes:

14. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

The other reason why console games cost so much more is because when you're done with a console game, you can sell it. When you're done with an Iphone game, you're done. It sits as a lonely .api file on your hard drive forever.

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    u should see...ppl actually buy this
    they just wanna play in big tables right away u know...

my only problem is with 50 bucks u can actuallly use it for real money poker

but yea ppl do buy this check out their same app on facebook!!

16. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I play Live Poker almost every day...the free version. Before I say what I think here, I'll show you the versions I see in the AppStore right now:

Free version
    start with 2000 chips (if my memory serves)
    1000 chips a day

Deluxe - $1.99
    start with 2000 chips
    2000 chips a day

40K version - $9.99
    start with 40,000 chips
    2000 chips a day

100K version - $19.99
    start with 100,000 chips
    2000 chips a day

300K version - $49.99 Are you F'n kidding me?!!
    start with 300,000 chips
    2000 chips a day

You can actually BUY more chips if you run out! BUY more worthless chips? You're basically just buying the more expensive versions of the game when you do.

Now, whoever said that this is the stupidest upgrade in the Appstore was absolutely correct, in my opinion (which is correct hehe). You get the exact same game otherwise.

I play the free version and am up to like 33,000 chips. I do pretty good and am ahead of the game, which is actually hard to tell since you are constantly given new chips daily. It would be nice if you could see what your win/loss ration is, but you can't.

This is a great poker game...I really like it...but there are issues.

Connectivity: This is the big issue. If you play long enough you will lose your "connection". If you are in the middle of a hand, whatever money you bet is gone. Usually you cannot reconnect to a table after this. Even after restarting the game you are often unable to play again for some time. This sucks.

Also, sometimes a player will beat my hand and when his/her cards are shown they actually do NOT beat me! However, I believe this is an error on my end and that - due to a network error or bug - I am not being shown the actual cards of the other player correctly. Nobody has ever said "Cool I won with a straight, but I didn't have a straight at all!"

The game lacks features. It shows the best hand you ever had, and your biggest winning hand, in dollars. That's it. No other stats. As I said, it is hard to tell how good you are playing because new money is being given to you daily. It would be cool if you could separate the money into 2 accounts. One for actual playing, and one for your "bank". That way you can actually see how much you are winning or losing over time.

Anyways. The gameplay is really good and fast. If players take too long to act they are folded automatically. It would be a much better game without the connection problems. They are a real pain in the ass sometimes. But as I said, I play it daily and I enjoy it. I would hate it though if I'd paid 50 bux for it!

The free version works fine for me. I don't play the big money tables - mainly because when I try to there seem to be none available. Not sure what's up with that. I usually get stuck on the 400 buy-in tables when I try to play the big money ones. Hmmm.

I play the freebie one, but the game is worth the $2 if you want 2000 chips per day rather than 1000. I suppose you could play more aggressively and bet more this way. But my money only grows anyways.

Paying $20 for this game...ridiculous. And $50??? F***in stupid!!! I can't fathom why Zynga does this. There is no gawddamn difference at all from the $2 version once you receive the initial chips. And Zyngas website (as with most Appstore app websites) is anorexic in it's lack of helpful information.

This tactic of theirs makes me want to boycott this game. I mean, what are 300,000 virtual chips worth in real life? Uhh...nothing!!! I'm sure some idiots (sorry but you are) will pay for this, but I think it hurts the image of Zynga, and the game itself. If I ever run out of chips, I will stop playing for a day or two, then rebuild with my $2000.

Anyways, long winded post here I guess. To sum it up: I enjoy this game a lot. The free and $2 versions are great values. Anything more and you're getting screwed, or you simply have money to burn, in which case you should try playing online for real money!

Cheers!

17. jwesty5

jwesty5 Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    As far as a business decision I think these Zynga guys are geniuses. It has to cost nothing in development to put out new versions of this game where the only difference is the amount of chips you start with.

I'm guessing 1 million chips for $99.99 should be right around the corner.

18. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    does the free one or any one of them work with edge? I have the first iPhone.

19. MNFats

MNFats Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Sales
    Minnesota
    Wow!

$49.99 -

I just crapped my pants... absolutely wrong!:mad:

20. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Not sure...it says 3G and WiFi on the appstore page. Try the free version and see maybe