iPad Little Runner Is Out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seishu, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    #1 Seishu, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    Another seemingly simple yet frustratingly addictive game is out. The object is to keep the character on his feet running. You must slide the incoming terrain up or down to keep the character going.
    EDIT: Added a video, description, and screenshot.
    [app]Little Runner[/app]
    [​IMG]
    -----
    He’s a cute alien creature, from a strange race of Runners. And all he wants to do is RUN – but you have to help him out!

Adjust the platforms ahead of him using your fingertips to clear the path of any pitfalls or stonewalls, and he’ll take care of the rest.

How long can you keep him running?

Initial Features:

-One finger-touch play
    -One infinite mode
    -Step by step increase of speed
    -Soundtrack by Shanghai MFA
    -Hand drawn art
    -Highscore feature
    *more levels and obstacles to come
    -----

2. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    sounds like a app my gf would like. Any youtube videos?

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

youtube.com

do you see one? if so help out and post it here, if not then there is no video. seishu is a very good poster and includes more information than usually anyone does. you cna search youtube just as easy as him.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Why thank you jchampl. In fact there is a short trailer which I have added to my post along with a screenshot and the description.

5. jchampl

you never fail to impress ;)

whenever you create a thread, I know I can click on it and know what the game is, and see pictures, or whatever is available. plus like this you always go back and add. :)

6. Drakkz

Drakkz Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Hmmm i want to play this but i dont think its worth one dollar at all lol

7. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Yep and also I decided to TOFTT. It is a very nice game, very simplistic but the pace gets faster as you progress. Then after you get through some of the normal blocks you can run into up and down ramps to add a bit more challenge. The art style is really nice and so is the upbeat music. I'm not disappointed one bit, plus with a future update with more levels and obstacles the game would be even better.

8. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Wah... im completely loving the art style!! Definitely cant pass this one up. -click!!- lol

Can't wait for the updates either. 1.2 is supposed to come with obstacles, more levels, plants, rocks etc. Woohoooo~~~

9. Drakkz

Drakkz Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Make a lite version plz lol

10. jchampl

he didn't make the game so asking him for a lite is useless, and somehow I fail to see how asking for a lite version is funny, and also I fail to even see how making a lite of this game would be possible.

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Agreed. Plus, the full game is only 99 cents.

The gameplay video should be enough. If it does not look interesting enough, then maybe the game is not for you? The art style alone is enough to capture my interest.. :D

12. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Okay, I've played for a bit. The controls are actually easier than they seem.

You just have to swipe anywhere in the same column (not necessarily on the block) in the direction you want the block to move. So for example, you can swipe in the space above the block. You also don't need to be too accurate in the swiping. As long as you don't swipe too hard or too weak, it will automatically align.

So whats so difficult about it? Well, the levels get faster and more interesting. Last I played, I died at level 4 and there were holes instead of just blocks. Level 3 was crazy slopes up and down.

The graphics are pretty cool too. Depending on whether the dude falls or bumps into a wall, the animation shown will be different.

So in summary, the gameplay is just the controlled swapping of blocks (obstacles?) up and down. Pretty fun actually. And considering the coming update, it will be even more fun :D

4 / 5 stars from me. Recommended for those who like quick pick-up-and-play games where you just do the same thing over and over again only to get a better high score (e.g. papi jump, doodle jump, and the genre).

13. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I've played through a bit more this morning and managed to make it just into level 5 before hitting a wall. The game is really fun, and similar to doodle jump in it's simple play style. Also I think another great addition would be enemies that would show up in the later levels. To defeat them you would have to tap them before the runner gets to them. It would certainly add an interesting twist to the game. Also online high scores would be a plus.

14. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Ya. I also died at level 5. What was your score?

15. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I think it was around 160. Right now my high score is 216.

16. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    #16 Prab, Jun 9, 2009
    Wah. Mine is only 199. Lol

Edit: Level 8 at 291 now :D

17. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

#17 songkranw, Jun 9, 2009
    I buy it right after seeing the video!

I think art style alone are enough for it price. But after play... it more relax then I first think.

Not much to say but if anybody have seen the video and still not convince to buy. I think this game is not their type.

18. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    If i wanted to search youtube i woulda did it. If he includes more info then other posters then i dont see the problem in asking for a youtube video lol. And i find it funny that you tell me i should search myself then go ahead and give him props on the fact his threads always have pictures and info (none of which was there when i posted)

19. Gskiller55

Gskiller55 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    So there aren't any online highscores, correct?

20. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    No, as of now there are no online highscores. It would be an awesome addition though and I doubt the developer is not already thinking about adding it in later.