Out Now Little Orpheus (by Sumo Digital)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok thanks again skall

2. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Little Orpheus is basically Inside as an endlessly charming scifi comedy. And Inside is one of my favorite games ever. The intro alone gave me goosebumps of joy. Everything about this game screams masterpiece. Sooooo much fun! Couldn‘t put it down until the end credits were rolling. By far one of the best Apple Arcade releases and also one of the most wonderful mobile games in general.

GiHubb, ROGER-NL and Skall like this.
  3. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Game finished
    By far my favorite on AA so far for now.
    Indeed no real challenge (and dont expect any) but a wonderful story with wonderful graphism.

i cannot even find the words to advise you guys to give it a try but ... just do it~

no hurt if you have AA subscription

ROGER-NL likes this.
  4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished the 5th Chapter, the game is big, must have been a lot of work, 3 Chapters to go.

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m progressing steadily with this and I’m loving the story, atmosphere and writing - in fact I’m loving almost everything about it - Except the actual gameplay itself.
    I seem to be moving through the game anticipating every Limboesque beat of the story. We’ve got the hiding behind scenery while something hunts me in the background element, the being chased and jumping/climbing quickly sections and the pulling levers/moving parts puzzle elements.

I mean, I’m not hating the gameplay, the controls work well mostly and it is what it is. It’s just as fantastic as every other aspect of it is the gameplay itself makes it feel, to me at least, just a bit derivative and slightly dull.
    I’m playing it because I want to see what happens next rather than the enjoyment of the moment.

Skall likes this.
  6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    And I’ve finally finished it. I’m not entirely sure I was happy with the ending but that’s personal opinion of the story not the game.

I stand by my comments above, a wonderfully atmospheric game but I was getting fed up with the gameplay itself by the final levels - just too much familiarity and repetition - but the plot and desire to see the end pressed me on.

On balance though I’m very glad I played it and it’s a AAA title that I’d happily have paid a premium price for if it wasn’t on arcade.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  7. Mathiastheninja

Sep 22, 2019
    As others, loved the story, acting, graphics and humour. One of the best on AA imo. Did not love the ending though.

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    A lesson to many devs how icloud should work in 2020. So seemless so precise without even asking you to do certain actions upload or download. No more excuses from the devs that want to persuade me that icloud is "impossible".
    Apart from that i really like the game. Especially the dialogues are hilarious. So much fun. The touch controls work really well. And the controller too. Heats up my iPhone X so i am playing it on iPad

9. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    One of my fav’s I like it better than Inside

10. Causality

Causality Active Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Male
    India
    I finally got to this game and I’ve completed 5 chapters. Absolutely enjoying every moment of it. I’m running it on iPad Air 2. It’s time to upgrade to a Pro.

Skall likes this.