Universal Little Luca - (by Glowingpine Studios HB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. rikardw

rikardw Member

May 26, 2013
    Developer, Glowingpine Studios
    Sweden
    Thanks guys,

I'm really overwhelmed with all the nice feedback.
    We need all the help we can get.

Ahh yes. One of Björn's levels :)

1st star: Drop from the highest point (when it's safe). Touch the screen just before you enter the teleport to switch teleport target. You should then get the star.

2nd and 3rd star: Go back to the highest point. Drop and fall thru the portal, without touching. Get first star. Wait until the ball is about to turn around. Then touch the screen and keep holding to get an extra boost down and go thru the portal and get the last star.

Haha, wondered if anyone would notice my last minute addition. The combination is seven taps. You should hear the world unlock sound when you've tapped correctly. Then you unlock "Staffan's Secret".
    You might want to unmute music also, and try tapping Staffan's or Björn's heads.

I have a couple of more ideas of easter eggs that I might add over the coming updates.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #42 Matt33, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    Thanks :) I didn't actually look into whether or not there are levels that you can pass without the use of any present gravity wells and be difficult enough, so that suggestion might not be a viable one. The speed suggestion of course wouldn't also require you to obtain all 3 stars for the achievement (5 seconds on Into the Deep level 19 is only possible with zero or one star).

Great to know my scores are up there! I must be pretty high on world 1 and 3, but I still have to go over Into Orbit's levels again, so I should go up a few hundred there. Much appreciated that you promptly booted that fake score off the leaderboards.

Do you think it would be a good idea upon completing a level to display "Your Best" score along with "Final Score," if it wouldn't be too crowded?

I don't normally feel the need to rate 5 stars, but given how high quality of a game this is, and the lack of people who've bought it thus far, it was one of the first things I did :)

3. rikardw

rikardw Member

May 26, 2013
    Sweden
    Thanks!

I'll talk to Björn about it, after all he has to make it happen visually.
    But I think it would be a nice feature.

4. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    Yeah, i checked that out, but i did not quite get what i unlocked ;) What is "Staffan's Secret"

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Can you tell me how to do it? Im tone deaf and probably can only do it with luck... :/

6. zrgrvsh

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    You need to tap on the developers heads, the sequence is 2-1-3-3-1-2-3.

But as i wrote i cant tell you what the effect is, have not identified one yet ;)

7. rikardw

rikardw Member

May 26, 2013
    Sweden
    You unlock music select mode where you can change between the game's music tracks. And it also have a hidden track thats not used in the game.
    So once you've heard the unlock world sound you can change track by tapping staffans head.
    This was just a last minute thing i added when i was bored one day :)

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks a lot, couldnt do it otherwise... #
    Really like this kind of things in a game #

9. zrgrvsh

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    Ah ok, makes sense then that i did not notice a change then, since i turned off the music for the easteregg ;)

10. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Thx, cool solution! So I finally 3-starred all levels. Tough game guys...

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Great to see this game getting the recognition it deserves... 5 stars review on the frontpage :)

12. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Well done touch arcade!! Some great reviews recently! Glad to see great games like this getting 5 stars.

13. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    This game is very fun and totally addicting! Great review on front page just like Frost said above. I agree with everything. It's been Little Luca and Wazhack all week for me.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I'm always a sucker for a hidden gem - and too many great reviews here to wait any longer.

Hopefully the game won't remain a hidden gem, and good luck to the developers in the success of this game.

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    90/90 in Up The Hills. :)

Earlier in the thread MC compared this game to The Last Rocket, in that it's a game that every iDevice owner should play. Pretty bold statement, for sure. And a very apt one. Little Luca is so good, it makes me want to cry. :eek:

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way. No, I actually meant the following:

People should be buying iDevices to play Little Luca and The Last Rocket.

An even bolder, more apt statement. :)

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    90/90 on In Orbit. :)

I usually play with the volume off, doing that in this game would be a mistake though. I played In Orbit with earphones, and it sounds extraordinary. Little Luca is GOTY material.

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well Andy is always right when it comes to games. This game has just excellent level design, it's indeed one of the best games this year.

19. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thank you, Roger. :)

But unfortunately it's not true, I've been guilty of overhyping a game early on only to then come to realise that the game is just "ok" or "pretty good".

But there is no fear of that being the case with Little Luca; I have completed the whole game now (#4 on GC ;)) and I enjoyed every second of it. It's a special game that can stand out in this genre, and Little Luca is just that.

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I do that myself too, I always give 5 stars to a game I like, but after a month or so, it sometimes is not so good and I delete it. I sometimes are over enthusiastic but thats my nature when it comes to IOS gaming. I freaking love it, Ha Ha.