Universal Little Luca - (by Glowingpine Studios HB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

This is a wonderful little physics puzzler. With its simple and sparse pixel graphics, beautiful background tunes, and one touch controls it has a real purity. Thankfully, there is no IAP to spoil that.

The game play demands a lot of trial and error to collect 3 stars on many levels, but it is for the user to decide how important that is or to just move on. Since I am a bit anal retentive and will keep trying for all of the stars, I do wish the restart level button was top level rather then one menu level deep under the pause icon. I find the game play to be interesting but we have seen these type of physics puzzles many many times before. On a positive note, there is good variety here.

All in all, this is a lovely game that certainly deserves support and is a real bargain for a dollar. It oozes charm and love.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade Game of the Week Candidate
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Little Luca was one of 9 games successfully nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forum's Game of the Week (GOTW) poll of releases the week on May 29th. The final poll is available for voting until 06/06/13 at the link below:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=191450

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, Little Luca got my vote. Pretty surprised I'm enjoying this more than Warhammer ATM...

4. bjornwissing

bjornwissing New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Hi guys! Björn here, on half of the Little Luca team. Thanks for all the kind and awesome words about the game. Rikard and I are super stoked about all the great first impressions. It's been a tough week with all these games releasing but we hope we can push through the crowd.
    As for Game Center achievements, we're working on implementing that.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welcome to TA, Björn. :) I don't think I need to say anything else right now...it's all there in my previous comment. Thanks for this little bundle of perfection. :)

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Fun game, really challenge. Some level so hard to get 3 stars. But i will conquer all level when i get this game.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Welcome to TA! Achievements sound fantastic .
    Hope you push through the crowd, your game totally deserves it. My GoTW :)

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Been playing a bit of PS3 lately, but it's nice to check back in and find a lovely little gem waiting for me. When a game has as much love put into it as Little Luca has, it doesn't matter what console it's on or how much it costs: this is video games at its finest. Great job, Glowingpine Studios. And thank you.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well said, Andy. =oD

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    PS3 that is old news man, Ha Ha.

11. rikardw

rikardw Member

May 26, 2013
    Developer, Glowingpine Studios
    Sweden
    Thanks for the feedback and the kind words.
    We will hopefully be able to submit the achievement update later this week.

Right now we're trying to get the word out about the game. Crossing our fingers on some good reviews this week. And hopefully Apple will finally approve a minor update with some enhanced screenshots and icon to the appstore (its been 8 days since we submitted the update already!).

By the way if you have any suggestions on the kind of achievements you want to see in the game we would happily consider it.

Thanks again!

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #32 TheFrost, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    @Rikardw What Matt33 posted a couple of pages back are great achievements, and the retry button next to the pause button too :)

Edit: Pages, not things xD

13. rikardw

rikardw Member

May 26, 2013
    Developer, Glowingpine Studios
    Sweden
    Thats some great suggestions.

Wow. I dont know exactly what the perfect score is but Matt33 must be damn near it.

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It is always great to see the developers participate here. In appreciation, I posted a review on the App Star to help spread the word. Little Luca collected all 5 of my stars :)

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Worth my last iTunes buck?

16. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    #36 zrgrvsh, Jun 3, 2013
    I've just completed it yesterday on rank 3 on the leaderboard. Loved it, great game! The Music & Graphics are a treat and gameplay is really good paced, new refreshing elements are introduced at a good rate so it does not get boring.
    I like puzzle games and this has a fresh feel that most of the current physics puzzler flood are missing.

But seeing that im 3 of only 557 gamecenter players makes me a bit sad. If one deserves it then surley nice small indie teams like this.

Btw, i really dislike the icon. The game has such nice and iconic pixel graphics, this ball with a face just does not match and looks to childish.

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #37 TheFrost, Jun 3, 2013
    They said a couple of posts above that a new icon is awaiting approval

Edit: And the update is here

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Wow - downloaded yesterday but only got a chance to play today. Nothing like I expected and all the better for it.

19. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Congrats guys, really nice game. Still struggling to get all stars. Could you explain how to reach the stars on lvl 11 of world 3?

20. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    Oh yes, i see the new icon. Better, but still not my taste ;)

Btw, what has it up with the credits easteregg? I think i found the rythm, but does someing happen apart from the sounds?